BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Wed, Apr-12-2017, 07:47:50 PM   #21
97_4dr_5spd_m3
Old College Kid

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: EAG lack of inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
My brother bought from EAG and then sold back 18 months later a E46 M3. He then saw what they resold it for.

He was happy all around with the car he got, what he paid, what they bought it back for, and what they made on the resale which was a very fair margin.
Just curious....why wouldn't you tell us the figures you're talking?

I am sure inquiring minds want to know.
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 02:30:46 AM   #22
hammerfang

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_4dr_5spd_m3 View Post
Just curious....why wouldn't you tell us the figures you're talking?

I am sure inquiring minds want to know.
That's his business, sort of seems like asking someone how much they make
Jump to top hammerfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 10:08:43 AM   #23
PurpleM3Pursuit
E36 on the way out... E92 on the way in..

Reputation: 578 PurpleM3Pursuit has a reputation beyond reputePurpleM3Pursuit has a reputation beyond reputePurpleM3Pursuit has a reputation beyond reputePurpleM3Pursuit has a reputation beyond reputePurpleM3Pursuit has a reputation beyond reputePurpleM3Pursuit has a reputation beyond repute

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre i am View Post
Looks like they are having inventory issues with e36 m3's...

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?i...orm_display=51

Anyone want to drop 20k for a track car lol
Looking at the list of modifications, condition of the car, etc... I am not sure they are all that far off.. I think the one thing that would help (and also hurt) is a full cage.

Those that have built a race car to that spec can appreciate the value.. I know that some will say aftermarket parts don't mean anything, but throw a cage in that car and it will be a solid class contender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtysixnick View Post
Those mirrors and the front kidney's... whyyyyy
Differentiates you from the rest on track.. hency why my car is bright orange.. I want to make sure people know its me coming so they know how quickly i might be coming up on them.

E92 M3 AW/BL Competition

BMWCCA# 368302

Also in the fleet:
'75 Porsche 911 Carrera
'85 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
'87 Porsche 951
'95 BMW 325i GTS2/JP
'15 F150 EB SCrew
Jump to top PurpleM3Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 02:56:45 PM   #24
97_4dr_5spd_m3
Old College Kid

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfang View Post
That's his business, sort of seems like asking someone how much they make
People would not want to know because they're concerned with his finances.

EAG is like a mythical creature. People speculate how much they make off of cars all of the time. Calm down. It's not that serious.
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 05:39:33 PM   #25
Duck360198

United States

We've done business with EAG on 6 cars.

(4) cars were sold to them that they had not previously owned.
(1) car was purchased from them and sold back a couple years later.
(1) car was purchased from them and we still own it.

On the (4) that were sold to them, yes, we saw what they listed them for and it wasn't shocking. We knew exactly what we had and we were offered very good pricing. (2) of the cars we never should have sold because of where they're at price wise. It is what it is. The other 2 cars were only listed a little bit above what they offered us. Not much profit at all.

The car that was purchased and sold back was the same situation. Price was bashed by everyone when the car was listed, market adjusted (positively) in the two years of ownership, sold it back for a great price and they upped the price even more to reflect the market change. Not surprising and didn't care because we were happy with our return and EAG got a previous car of theirs back.

The last one that we currently have was purchased almost as soon as it hit their site. Not enough time for the haters to bash it. Have had that for about 2 years as well. Will be holding onto it because the pricing has skyrocketed.

Point is, the price bashing is old and redundant. If you purchase a vehicle from them you're going to be just fine financially...assuming you're not daily driving or tracking the vehicle. Not a cent was lost on any vehicle and every transaction that we've had with them has been flawless and as simple as can be. In my book, I'll pay the extra cash to know I have 100% peace of mind in transferring funds, shipping/receiving a vehicle, receiving a vehicle exceeding expectations, zero haggle, and no questions asked buy-back.

Compare that with buying or selling a car on a forum, eBay, Craigslist, etc.........
Jump to top Duck360198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 05:57:46 PM   #26
97_4dr_5spd_m3
Old College Kid

In the garage:

United States

I am not bashing EAG's prices or business model. Just wanted to confirm my suspicion on what their mark up is.

You do not need to be a brainiac to peg it at about +/-30%.

30% is probably what the market would bear to pay for the benefits, or perceived benefits, listed by Duck.

Just for shits and giggles. Say a guy has an E36M3 for sale. Low mileage and clean. Maybe he wants $20K. EAG comes in and offers him $17.5 for a quick transaction. He takes their offer and then the car gets listed for $25K. They maybe sell it for $22 or $23K.

Anything more than a 25-30% mark up seems like the buyer is just trying to burn money.

Last edited by 97_4dr_5spd_m3; Thu, Apr-13-2017 at 06:32:11 PM.
Jump to top 97_4dr_5spd_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 10:09:02 PM   #27
spaghettiM3

In the garage:

United States

At the end of the day, they are running a successful business.

I've been on BaT for awhile now and they have dropped in on a few M3 auctions I was a part of and I'd classify a lot of their comments as "backhanded compliments".

I'm sure they haven't held a gun to any sellers heads to make them sign over the title for their vehicles.

Although I would not buy a BMW from them, I do enjoy admiring the rare models that they get.

Whether we agree with their business model or not, they are making profits and moving M cars daily.
Jump to top spaghettiM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-14-2017, 01:56:29 AM   #28
Duck360198

United States

Quote:
I am not bashing EAG's prices or business model. Just wanted to confirm my suspicion on what their mark up is.

You do not need to be a brainiac to peg it at about +/-30%.

30% is probably what the market would bear to pay for the benefits, or perceived benefits, listed by Duck.

Just for shits and giggles. Say a guy has an E36M3 for sale. Low mileage and clean. Maybe he wants $20K. EAG comes in and offers him $17.5 for a quick transaction. He takes their offer and then the car gets listed for $25K. They maybe sell it for $22 or $23K.

Anything more than a 25-30% mark up seems like the buyer is just trying to burn money.
I wasn't saying you PERSONALLY, but everyone else wants to do so. (2) of the cars we sold them were large percentage turnaround vehicles on their end. That could be a product of us not quite realizing the importance of what we had and them seeing the massive potential. In any case, what they offered us and what anyone on this forum would have offered us would have been on completely different ends of the spectrum. We were happy with what we got, they were happy with what they got, and we continued to deal with them.

I'm not going to get into exact percentages with any of the vehicles, but the range varies significantly with the vehicles we've dealt with. On a couple models the percentage was significantly less than your indicated 30%. On another it was a high percentage.

EVERYONE thinks people are pissing away money when you buy a car from EAG. I can only imagine what the percentage mark-up was on the vehicles we purchased. I'm certain it was over 25%-30%. It doesn't even matter. What matters is the ROI. Thanks to EAG and their impact on the market, the ROI has been worth every penny of the initial purchase. Investing in their cars has been one of the most profitable ventures for us and I think the majority of their customers would say the same.
Jump to top Duck360198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-14-2017, 03:15:01 AM   #29
ninefiveone

United States

The angst about EAG on this board is tempest in a teacup.

EAG has no meaningful impact on market prices. EAG is run like any business and while the owners could be enthusiasts, I'm sure they run their business like a business. They don't have a special interest in E36M3's. They buy and sell the cars that fit their business model.

I notice that the people who whine about EAG the most are people who see what EAG charges and think that without EAG, the same car would be available for far less money.

The reality is in all of the first-hand experiences above.

They pay owners a decent amount with minimal fuss and hassle. They charge a markup that reflects a market position they've been able to develop and maintain. The market they deal with is an entirely different segment from most of the people on this board. Most of the people on this board don't put in the work to find the cars that EAG does (which includes the work EAG has put in to be known as a place to sell BMW's to), won't pay what EAG does, and won't put in the work EAG does to sell at the price they do (of which car prep is a small portion but creating a brand known for selling good condition BMW's is a large portion).

There's no magic in their business model. 15-30% markup is a miserable gross profit margin. By the time you deduct operating expenses, SG&A, and taxes I would be surprised if the business does more than 5% net profit per year. BMW's-that-enthusiasts-like is a market segment with more profit margin than a general used car dealership, but they will never do the volume that a general used car dealership will do. Being located in Cincinnati, with its lower operating costs is a big part of their business model. There's nowhere near enough margin to be sustainable in a higher cost urban center.

It's the mistake of projecting individual perspective (car enthusiast, personal finance, etc) on a lifestyle business.

Quote:
People would not want to know because they're concerned with his finances.

EAG is like a mythical creature. People speculate how much they make off of cars all of the time. Calm down. It's not that serious.
I assume english isn't your first language. Some constructive feedback: The way you worded your first request was confrontational and inappropriate. Your reply here reads as defensive.
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
Jump to top ninefiveone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-14-2017, 03:15:34 AM   #30
Voss
Function over Form

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck360198 View Post
I wasn't saying you PERSONALLY, but everyone else wants to do so. (2) of the cars we sold them were large percentage turnaround vehicles on their end. That could be a product of us not quite realizing the importance of what we had and them seeing the massive potential. In any case, what they offered us and what anyone on this forum would have offered us would have been on completely different ends of the spectrum. We were happy with what we got, they were happy with what they got, and we continued to deal with them.

I'm not going to get into exact percentages with any of the vehicles, but the range varies significantly with the vehicles we've dealt with. On a couple models the percentage was significantly less than your indicated 30%. On another it was a high percentage.

EVERYONE thinks people are pissing away money when you buy a car from EAG. I can only imagine what the percentage mark-up was on the vehicles we purchased. I'm certain it was over 25%-30%. It doesn't even matter. What matters is the ROI. Thanks to EAG and their impact on the market, the ROI has been worth every penny of the initial purchase. Investing in their cars has been one of the most profitable ventures for us and I think the majority of their customers would say the same.
Come on man, you can't be serious with this statement.

What type of business ventures are you getting into? hit: