BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Feb-24-2017, 12:45:03 PM   #21
jamaicanbluee46

In the garage:

Jamaica

Default Re: One less LSB on the road. My M3 was t-boned on the 20th just 1 day short of its b

Get a used complete door and a used fender, changing the A pillar might get a little costly as the interior (dash, carpet and seat) has to be removed along with the wire harness. Not a hard job but may end up costing if you can't do the removals yourself.
Jump to top jamaicanbluee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Feb-24-2017, 01:31:40 PM   #22
e46lsb

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: One less LSB on the road. My M3 was t-boned on the 20th just 1 day short of its b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicanbluee46 View Post
Get a used complete door and a used fender, changing the A pillar might get a little costly as the interior (dash, carpet and seat) has to be removed along with the wire harness. Not a hard job but may end up costing if you can't do the removals yourself.

Then replace it to black while you're at it. I personally would just move on.
Old Fri, Feb-24-2017, 06:18:18 PM   #23
Kdubski

In the garage:

United States

I've never seen bigger v*ginas about accident's than on this forum. Any reputable shop can bring that back to life with a frame puller, depending how deep the damage goes.

It really isn't bad and I hope you can get her back on the road!
Jump to top Kdubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Feb-25-2017, 03:12:12 AM   #24
SocratesRising
Chess is King

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdubski View Post
I've never seen bigger v*ginas about accident's than on this forum. Any reputable shop can bring that back to life with a frame puller, depending how deep the damage goes.

It must be that you've made it a mission to join multiple car forums, peruse threads related to accidents, grade them all on how sensitive they seem to be concerning the whole ordeal and finally make it a point to let said forum members know if they've "won the prize" in your opinion.

Seems like a time consuming deal. Find another hobby.

Slicktop * Cloth Seats * AS SSK

ďAll the great things are simple, and many can be expressed
in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.Ē

― Winston S. Churchill
Jump to top SocratesRising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Feb-26-2017, 01:42:22 AM   #25
deltaman43

In the garage:

United States

A quick update. I still have not had an offer from SF.

I visited the repair shop Thurs and looked the car over. The damage is pretty bad although it is repairable of course. The obvious damages include the passenger side door, both fenders, floor pan (pushed in 1 to 1.5"), dashboard, and possibly the lower firewall. But as the shop pointed out, there will be the unknowns to deal with.

I expect to hear from the adjuster early next week and will update you on the offer and the buyback cost.

Thanks to all.
Jay

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 01:10:28 AM   #26
PrideNjoy325

In the garage:

United States

So sorry to see this. I hope she can be saved!
Jump to top PrideNjoy325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 11:40:14 AM   #27
aab010799

In the garage:

United States

Sorry man sucks to see this. It's seriously like everyone is out to get us all. So many nice examples get smashed on the road for some reason. Fortunately enough of these cars were produced to where I'm sure if you're patient you'll be able to find a nice successor for your car

'02 Imola Red E46 M3 6MT
My Journal
Jump to top aab010799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Feb-28-2017, 09:34:36 PM   #28
deltaman43

In the garage:

United States

Today I spoke with the insurance claims adjuster and was offered $12.2k plus tax for my car and a buy-back of $3.5k. And also found out the actual repair est. is $11776.

That seems pretty fair considering the mileage is 181xxx. (2/2002)

I'll meet with my repair shop friend tomorrow and decide what to do...keep and repair or let her go. ?

Any thoughts or comments?
Thanks,
J.

Old Wed, Mar-01-2017, 12:52:41 AM   #29
PSUEng

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdubski View Post

Well considering he was hit by some dumbass in Ford Contour (?) who thought he pushed the ****ing brake and pushed the gas, I'd be pissed to and to discount that is lame. I'd be pissed to all hell if that happened to me. In fact, some dumbass old man hit me in my new Camry and I was livid, all because he's a shitty driver.

So--I consider myself a vagina then about my car that i work to keep in great shape .
Jump to top PSUEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-01-2017, 11:50:58 PM   #30
deltaman43

In the garage:

United States

The person that hit me was a teenage guy and has learned the hard way what can happen when driving with those athletic oversize slippers (flip-flops the same). And sure I was upset but you know at almost 74yo I have mellowed and donít have fits of rage like I might when younger. I think others on the forum my age or near will understand that.

Anyway I've decided to accept the insurance offer because I don't want to invest over $12k in repairs of what is obvious only for other hidden damages possibly being discovered at additional expense. That would be foolish.

Thanks for all of the kind comments and well wishes. It's greatly appreciated.
J.