BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Wed, Feb-04-2015, 11:57:46 PM   #31
camberm3
Registered User
 
camberm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,040
Reputation: 0 camberm3 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
They can't pack a box worth a damn though. I'd be wary of ordering anything fragile from them
One off case perhaps?

I've placed probably 20+ orders with them and everything was always very well packaged and secure.
Jump to top camberm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Feb-05-2015, 01:38:41 AM   #32
terraphantm
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,574
In the garage:
Reputation: 11 terraphantm is on a distinguished road
Location: Philadelphia

United States




Default Re: Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by camberm3 View Post
One off case perhaps?

I've placed probably 20+ orders with them and everything was always very well packaged and secure.
Multiple times. Always just gotten things thrown haphazardly into a larger box with no real protection.
__________________
Jump to top terraphantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-05-2015, 01:40:43 AM   #33
flyride
Low flyer
 
flyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 242
Reputation: 0 flyride is on a distinguished road
Location: Sacramento CA USA

United States




Default Re: Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
Multiple times. Always just gotten things thrown haphazardly into a larger box with no real protection.
Ditto. I've started ordering OE from FCP, they will match Morristown's pricing if you ask them.
__________________
2005 ///M3 ZCP 6MT, Silbergrau, M-Texture Alcantara
BMW Motorsport / Evolve / Autosolutions / Beisan / Redish / Status Gruppe / Rogue
Also: 2004 330i/6 ZHP (hers), 2001 530i/A (DD)
Jump to top flyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-05-2015, 05:20:11 AM   #34
camberm3
Registered User
 
camberm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,040
Reputation: 0 camberm3 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1

That's odd. I never had such an experience with Morristown.

One thing is for sure; I always end up saving at least $300 on an order of $1,000+ through them vs any other closest online competitor. In my book, that's a lot. They got everybody's prices beat, by a long shot.

But if FCP will match it and you feel more comfortable buying from them, then by all means go for it.
Jump to top camberm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-05-2015, 07:51:20 AM   #35
eatsleeplax
Car Enthusiast
 
eatsleeplax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,134
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 eatsleeplax is on a distinguished road
Location: LA / Bay Area

United States




Default Re: Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by camberm3 View Post
That's odd. I never had such an experience with Morristown.

One thing is for sure; I always end up saving at least $300 on an order of $1,000+ through them vs any other closest online competitor. In my book, that's a lot. They got everybody's prices beat, by a long shot.

But if FCP will match it and you feel more comfortable buying from them, then by all means go for it.
How do they compare to TheBmwPartStore (now called thebmwminipartstore). They have always been the lowest on damn near everything that I could find, but i had not heard of morristown. I've heard of fcp, didnt know they price matched though. All good info!
__________________
Jump to top eatsleeplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-05-2015, 08:15:11 AM   #36
terraphantm
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,574
In the garage:
Reputation: 11 terraphantm is on a distinguished road
Location: Philadelphia

United States




Default Re: Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleeplax View Post
How do they compare to TheBmwPartStore (now called thebmwminipartstore). They have always been the lowest on damn near everything that I could find, but i had not heard of morristown. I've heard of fcp, didnt know they price matched though. All good info!
Thebmwpartstore is a bit more expensive than morristown, especially now that shipping isn't free with them. It's not a 30% difference however. I've had such good service with thebmwpartstore that I still end up ordering from them pretty frequently, but I do find myself shopping around a bit for more expensive items
__________________
Jump to top terraphantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-05-2015, 08:25:46 AM   #37
SilberVogel
Registered User
 
SilberVogel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 58
Reputation: 0 SilberVogel is on a distinguished road
Location: Tulsa

United States




Default Re: Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleeplax View Post
How do they compare to TheBmwPartStore (now called thebmwminipartstore). They have always been the lowest on damn near everything that I could find, but i had not heard of morristown. I've heard of fcp, didnt know they price matched though. All good info!
As far as lowest price is concerned, BMW of Morristown is extremely competitive on Genuine BMW parts, but every once in a while I'll find things cheaper elsewhere. Between them and The BMW/MINI Part Store, you can see how a handful of their prices compare in the spreadsheet graphic I posted a few pages back:



They're a great source to reference for price matching, but I'm with terraphantm on The BMW/MINI Part Store; have always had great service, fast shipping, and been buying parts there for a long time.
__________________

DIYs help you save money with repairs; let www.bmwpnpc.com help you save money with the parts.

About | FAQ | ChangeLog | Download | Forum Discussion
Jump to top SilberVogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-05-2015, 04:35:55 PM   #38
m3 hal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 21,201
Reputation: 0 m3 hal will become famous soon enough

United States




Default Re: Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1

props for creating this SilberVogel, I use it frequently
Jump to top m3 hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-05-2015, 05:07:55 PM   #39
eatsleeplax
Car Enthusiast
 
eatsleeplax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,134
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 eatsleeplax is on a distinguished road
Location: LA / Bay Area

United States




Default Re: Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilberVogel View Post
As far as lowest price is concerned, BMW of Morristown is extremely competitive on Genuine BMW parts, but every once in a while I'll find things cheaper elsewhere. Between them and The BMW/MINI Part Store, you can see how a handful of their prices compare in the spreadsheet graphic I posted a few pages back:



They're a great source to reference for price matching, but I'm with terraphantm on The BMW/MINI Part Store; have always had great service, fast shipping, and been buying parts there for a long time.
Sweet. Let me know if you need any beta testers for the mac version, I'm a software developer
__________________
Jump to top eatsleeplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-05-2015, 06:53:18 PM   #40
admranger
Registered troublemaker
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,275
Reputation: 0 admranger is on a distinguished road
Location: Alexandria, VA or Las Vegas

United States




Default Re: Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleeplax View Post
Sweet. Let me know if you need any beta testers for the mac version, I'm a software developer
Please make a mac version as it's my primary laptop. I have a windoze based laptop, but it's mostly work stuff on it.

Looks like a heck of a product.
__________________


'11 E90 M3, Melbourne/Black/Fox Red/Black, 6MT, roof, PP2, heated seats, Eibach Pro Kit, GC Street camber plates, Arc-8's, Technic harness, JL XD 600/6
'16 X5 40e Mineral White/Black Dakota Leather, ZLL, ZCW, ZDA, ZDB, ZPP, side shades, multi contour seats, HK stereo
Jump to top admranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
best price, best vendor, buy parts, online parts, part number

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1 in the E46 M3 (2001-2006) Forum - Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)