BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Fri, Apr-14-2017, 10:42:13 AM   #31
97_4dr_5spd_m3
Old College Kid

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: EAG lack of inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninefiveone View Post
I assume english isn't your first language. Some constructive feedback: The way you worded your first request was confrontational and inappropriate. Your reply here reads as defensive.

We have literally talked about purchase and sales figures since I have been a member in 07. There's multi page threads with 100s of data points. Asking someone the sales figures isn't out of the norm by any stretch.

Now if they feel as if they have been hosed and don't want to get into detali then fine (obviously).

Last edited by 97_4dr_5spd_m3; Fri, Apr-14-2017 at 03:47:40 PM.
Jump to top 97_4dr_5spd_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Apr-14-2017, 02:59:10 PM   #32
Meeyatch1
Total car nerd.

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_4dr_5spd_m3 View Post
They have said that they are not actively searching for E36s at this point.

No shock here but the E36 is the cheapest of the M3s leaving less profit per sale.

Simply not enough meat on the bone.
I called them several weeks ago about selling them my fully documented since new, and exceptionally clean, 1999 Estoril/Dove 5MT M3 with 79k miles, and the gentleman said they would call me back on it and never did. I would think they would want a car like mine in their inventory.

Cars.....yep, got 'em.

The LTW Club
Jump to top Meeyatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-14-2017, 06:41:15 PM   #33
M_Parallel
Mr. OEM

Netherlands

AEG is like Auto Leitner here. Find a good example, make it shiney, make proper pics, then markup by 100%.

They just got in this 63k km DakarII M3 coupe with cloth interior. For a cool €50k, it's yours.

http://autoleitner.nl/nl/index/aanbod/1492031751

'98 S50B32 M3 SMG Cabrio . Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz . 1 of 10 made
Jump to top M_Parallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-14-2017, 10:16:10 PM   #34
ninefiveone

United States

Quote:

We have literally talked about purchase and sales figures since I have been a member in 07. There's multi page threads with 100s of data points. Asking someone the sales figures isn't out of the norm by any stretch.

Now if they feel as if they have been hosed and don't want to get into detali then fine (obviously).
Ah, I see. You're missing the point of my note.

No worries, you didn't ask but I thought I'd try to be helpful. Best of luck.
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
Jump to top ninefiveone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-15-2017, 06:15:37 AM   #35
Shock(/\)ave
Freedom Under Democracy

Canada

Thumbs down Re: EAG lack of inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiM3 View Post
I've been on BaT for awhile now and they have dropped in on a few M3 auctions I was a part of and I'd classify a lot of their comments as "backhanded compliments".
Exactly. They're shitting on other seller's cars in the same way some women insult other women through insults thinly veiled as compliments.

"It must be great to eat whatever you want and not worry about how you look."

"Nice car! We passed on it before you even thought of selling it to us because we can tell it's not up to our mysterious standards now that you're our competition."

Founder Of The New Car Smell Club & The Canadian Edition Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3BabyDady View Post
i once stood in front of my x fiance and said .... wow that right there is the love of my life, and i pointed at an m3

Last edited by Shock(/\)ave; Sat, Apr-15-2017 at 06:22:21 AM.
Jump to top Shock(/\)ave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-15-2017, 06:52:25 PM   #36
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

It's not like the market for M cars is being driven up single handedly by one company. There are less cars like the e36/e46 being made today, small, have manual transmissions, are "low tech," etc... And the people who used to swoon for the 90s nostalgic cars when they were kids are older and have money now. So it's no surprise that people want these cars and that businesses are cashing in on that. I don't think I'll personally be buying a car from EAG anytime soon but I don't resent them or necessarily see what they do as wrong either.
Old Mon, Apr-17-2017, 02:37:26 AM   #37
spaghettiM3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post

"Nice car! We passed on it before you even thought of selling it to us because we can tell it's not up to our mysterious standards now that you're our competition."
That's spot on
Jump to top spaghettiM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-19-2017, 03:52:47 AM   #38
carpetbagger

United States

I wonder what their markup would be on this one (no affiliation): https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...h-america.html
Jump to top carpetbagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-19-2017, 04:41:40 AM   #39
westopher

Canada

Probably nothing. Since it's not selling at that price. That's the thing. We can sell high demand e36s ourself. They aren't rare enough for EAG to control the market, and they are in demand enough that any good car can get top dollar eventually. There is no markup to be had for them.

98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 99k and soon to be worthless on BAT
Member journal. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=491859
Jump to top westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-22-2017, 12:58:13 PM   #40
iconoclast

United States

Exclamation Re: EAG lack of inventory

Quote:
Just for shits and giggles. Say a guy has an E36M3 for sale. Low mileage and clean. Maybe he wants $20K. EAG comes in and offers him $17.5 for a quick transaction. He takes their offer and then the car gets listed for $25K. They maybe sell it for $22 or $23K.
If the seller gets his asking price and decides to proceed with the purchase... What does it matter if the next owner wants to sell it for twice, three or four times their purchase price? If the originally seller feels they were conned or shafted or anything in between then that is their own personal demon to deal with because they listed a vehicle at a price and agreed to a transaction. Noone is knocking down doors forcing people to sell their vehicles and in the same vein the original seller could have listed the vehicle for anything they wanted but they chose the asking price and they chose the final selling price.

EAG beat me to a few vehicles. Some of the vehicles had a tremendous mark-up without anything being done to them because the previous owner already did all the work. In other cases EAG put over 7k in deferred maintenance and preventative maintenance. There is no standard mark-up because each unit varies so much that there are too many variables.

Lastly, while I am not a fan of theirs I can appreciate what they do and how they go about doing it and if a side-effect of their business is our vehicles increase in price then by all means keep doing it.
Jump to top iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote