BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Tue, Aug-17-2010, 05:55:56 AM   #41
chopstik

Taiwan

i'm going oem
i read about poor fitment issues but the above post verifies it for me
plus i doubt by the time the oem one needs to be replaced again, i'll still have the car
Old Tue, Aug-17-2010, 01:09:18 PM   #42
mredwin25

United States

well, like I said earlier, with OEM you don't have to cut,grind,modify anything. It'll work just fine, street or track application. I just replaced mine at 132k, I'm supercharged and radiator was 100% fine. I replaced it for peace of mind.

E90 Jerez M3
335i Vert
Jump to top mredwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-17-2010, 07:16:40 PM   #43
BlazenXLT
We've had one yes, what about second breakfast?

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredwin25 View Post
well, like I said earlier, with OEM you don't have to cut,grind,modify anything. It'll work just fine, street or track application. I just replaced mine at 132k, I'm supercharged and radiator was 100% fine. I replaced it for peace of mind.
This is why I'll go OEM. Perfect fitment and perfect perfomance over 100k+ and 20+ track days. My engine is 100% stock, but with age and miles, I'll be doing the overhaul for peace of mind as well. I'm early in my research, but it looks like if you buy from various vendors, you can get the whole system (radiator, fan clutch, water pump, thermostat, temp sensor, fluid, hoses, clamps and other hardware) for right around $1k.
Old Sat, Aug-06-2011, 12:02:08 AM   #44
selflove

United States

Default Re: Anyone install a Mizu aluminum radiator? Feedback needed please

I had my mechanic try to install the Mishimoto in my e46 M3 with VF Stage 2 s/c, but it did not fit because it was too thick (from front to back). It took them a long time to fit it in, and then when they finally got it to fit, the fan (the one with the fan clutch that is connected to the engine) didn't fit. The VF Stage 2 kit has a radiator for the charge cooler which moves the OEM radiator closer to the engine.

If the Mizu is really the exact same thing as Mishimoto, then the Mizu will not fit with a VF kit installed.

Can someone please recommend an aluminum radiator that will fit with the VF kit?
Jump to top selflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Aug-06-2011, 01:13:00 AM   #45
///M3AN ONE
Live life to the fullest...

Philippines

^Just go with a Zionsville. That's what I plan to get, but been fixing other stuff that's been going out on my car. I've seen quite a few VF engine bays running the Zions. My OEM is still running strong tho at 119k...
Jump to top ///M3AN ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Aug-07-2011, 03:14:57 PM   #46
70chevelle

In the garage:

United States

I recently bought a mishimoto radiator for my e46 and when I went to install it it was not a direct fit as advertised, and once we finally got it in we realized that the inlet and outlet tubes were welded on backwards so the radiator hoses would not slide and clip on. I bought the radiator off of an ebay seller/distributor for mishimoto and when I contacted them they said they could do nothing for me. I ended up calling mishimoto directly and they said that they were aware of the problem with some of the first runs of the radiators and that they were in the process of re-doing them to make them right. The guy I spoke to was very helpful and ended up contacting the seller that I bought it from and got him to give me a refund and then mishimoto in turn credited him. I went for it b/c it was a lot cheaper than most others, but in the end ended up going with one of bimmerworld's aluminum radiators and oil coolers
Jump to top 70chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-08-2011, 08:35:14 PM   #47
selflove

United States

I ordered the Zionsville and will update the thread after I receive it or install it. I called Zionsville (Dwight) on the phone and he said that it has the same dimensions as the OEM radiator except that the side tanks are more squared off instead of rounded. He said that if the OEM radiator fits with the supercharger kit, then the Zionsville one will fit, too.
Old Mon, Aug-08-2011, 09:36:28 PM   #48
///M3AN ONE
Live life to the fullest...

Philippines

^Good choice! What are the zions going for these days? Did you get the spal as well? Post some pics or impressions of it once you get it!
Jump to top ///M3AN ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-09-2011, 04:33:51 AM   #49
selflove

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3AN ONE View Post
^Good choice! What are the zions going for these days? Did you get the spal as well? Post some pics or impressions of it once you get it!
It's $1015 directly from them. I'm getting the radiator alone. It is Type 11. I expect to receive it about 10 days from now.
Old Tue, Aug-09-2011, 04:52:06 AM   #50
Rendezvous

Germany

Where is the Mizu made? The Mishimoto is made in china I know. I had a Mishimoto in my S2000. After looking at the AEM logs it was worse then the factory unit. I ripped it out and put a Koyo in. The Koyo was way better.
Jump to top Rendezvous is offline   Reply With Quote