BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > Forced Induction (F/I)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Forced Induction (F/I) Discuss the ever growing F/I options here!

Old Tue, Jan-04-2011, 08:06:52 PM   #371
GRKM3

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: VFE MAF-Less Tune

I'll be sending my ECU to VF today for version 4. I was told over the phone that GIAC no longer does tuning for VF and that it is done in house. Also, it was advised that I have the latest campaign performed by BMW before I send my ECU. The last ECU flash I had performed by BMW was in early '09.
Mods :VFE Stage 2 SC, SS Ceramic Coated Stepped Headers, S-Pipe, X-Pipe,TMS Subframe Reinforcement, KWV2 Coilovers, TMS Camber Plates, Powerflex RTAB's, Rogue RSM's, ZCP F/R Brakes, OEM CSL Roof, VCSL D/S Carbon Trunk, diffuser and bumper, Armrest Delete, carbon mirror shells, OEM LED tail lights, BBS CH, Alcantara steering wheel, Armrest delete, Valentine V1, Laser Interceptor...

Current ride: 2015 F32 435i xDrive with PPK

Jump to top GRKM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Jan-04-2011, 08:46:10 PM   #372
zbarca2009

The situation is less tensioned now but I look for actual results before reconsidering my initial oppinion. I don't get drunk with cold water and I would really want my car to work. Right now, all that VF can do to wash what they did, is to make my car at their best. If they will do that, I will be their biggest fan again, but now I am right were I was more than a month ago: I will send my ECU to VF. I really look forward for what will happen' next, I am sure, all of us do. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delivery View Post
So it took the guy to get this angry and post up on the forums and further danger VF's reputation in order for him to get a proper response, and now the VF guys are now stand up guys?
Jump to top zbarca2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jan-04-2011, 11:16:50 PM   #373
God Given
Is Everything And A Little More

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKM3 View Post
I'll be sending my ECU to VF today for version 4. I was told over the phone that GIAC no longer does tuning for VF and that it is done in house. Also, it was advised that I have the latest campaign performed by BMW before I send my ECU. The last ECU flash I had performed by BMW was in early '09.

Same here !! Just sent mine out they should see it tomm and I am setting up a dyno run for next week !! Wow I forgot how being excited about a car felt like ...
Old Tue, Jan-04-2011, 11:19:23 PM   #374
God Given
Is Everything And A Little More

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibaljaji View Post
Wow sounds like you just don't like VF for some reason!

I think VF has shown over and over that they will back their product and give as much if not more customer support as any other company out there offering F/I for our cars.

You should give em another chance! Yea!

Glad to hear things are working out for you! Jeff and Nik have always been stand up guys! Hope you get the new tune soon!
Where have you been ?
Old Wed, Jan-05-2011, 02:08:13 AM   #375
azjimi

Quote:
Also, it was advised that I have the latest campaign performed by BMW before I send my ECU. The last ECU flash I had performed by BMW was in early '09.
Really? No one from VF said anything to me about that.
VF Stage 2 S/C, Om Scorza exhaust, Stett Performance headers, Custom Performance Rasp Eliminator and Race Cats, GTR hood, 19" SSR GT3's, Bridgestone RE-11's, PSS9 coilovers, Eibach Sways, Powerflex RTABS, Angel Eyes, Smoked Depos

Jump to top azjimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jan-05-2011, 04:59:35 AM   #376
t3stman

United States

Can you provide more inputs on this "latest campaign" you talked about? I took my car in and they did not mention anything about it.

Quote:

Cosmetic Mods: OEM CSL Bootlid, OEM CSL Diffusor, OEM Euro Fire Extinguisher, Premium Clear Bra, EAS Aurora Angel Eyes 6000k, EAS CF Titanium seat outer trims, EAS CF Titanium upper trim, EAS CF Titanium SMG Dome, Ice-Link, Painted Matching Bumper Reflectors, Painted Hood Grill, 40% Huper Optik Tint, and Ultimate pedals.

Performance Mods: VFE Stg2, SS stepped headers, cats, x-pipes, and NOW KW v3
91 Pump - 478.86 HPs
MS-109 - 511.56 HPs

Future Mods: Eibach or GC swaybars, BBK, and Hard wired V1
Jump to top t3stman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jan-05-2011, 10:47:38 AM   #377
selflove

United States

I have the version 4 software and it is much improved over the older versions. The idle is stable even on cold starts. And more importantly, the new version got rid of the gas pedal lag. It is now much easier to revmatch downshift since the engine will always rev when I step on the pedal (before, it would lag 0.2 to 0.5 seconds or not even rev when in neutral).
The acceleration response while in gear is also quicker since it got rid of the lag.
Jump to top selflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jan-05-2011, 10:49:29 AM   #378
what goes around comes around...pay it forward

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by selflove View Post
I have the version 4 software and it is much improved over the older versions. The idle is stable even on cold starts. And more importantly, the new version got rid of the gas pedal lag. It is now much easier to revmatch downshift since the engine will always rev when I step on the pedal (before, it would lag 0.2 to 0.5 seconds or not even rev when in neutral).
The acceleration response while in gear is also quicker since it got rid of the lag.
good to know.

what is your peak boost?
what is your afr range at wot?

is your car 6mt or smg?

thanks.

'06 M3 | '07 A3 2.0T S-Line | '17 GLC43 (hers)
Jump to top 24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jan-05-2011, 05:57:05 PM   #379
Orange fever
aka yellow fever is now orange fever.

Thailand

Its should be called VFE TUNE VERSION 1
Bcuz the last 4 version came from GIAC,
Right ?

I should take my car in next month =)
I hope I see more hp =)

X5M Black Sapphire (sold) / Classic mini '71(sold)/ F87 M2 Aw / BMW I01 i3 Rex ///
M3 E46 VFE SC Stg3/ M3 E90 SC VF620 EAS/Radenergie/VF-Engineering/ Vorsteiner///
Maintenance/Modings/Detail : SouthBay Autohaus /// Candccollision /// Promobileautodetail ///

March issue of Eurotuner :
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=252426
Jump to top Orange fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jan-05-2011, 09:08:33 PM   #380
Mpoweroo1
OO=00=OO

United States

Guys, here is a my dyno plot I have for my car. My AFR's are not on there but I am seeing consistant 11.1-11.3. Each run the car was getting stronger. All pulls were done on 91 oct. I will try to get some race fuel numbers in a couple of weeks. Enjoy.

Last edited by Mpoweroo1; Wed, Jan-05-2011 at 10:16:59 PM.
Jump to top Mpoweroo1 is offline   Reply With Quote