BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Wed, Jun-04-2014, 05:51:56 PM   #21
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

Default Re: Introducing myself: 1999 Techno Violet E36 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tock172 View Post
I just bought a set of Kosei K1s last month. They weigh in at 16.8 lbs a piece, but I still want to grab a set of LTWs. Nothing else like them.
Yea I debated for a while whether I should pick these up or not. The LTW's are going to be my daily wheels, and I guess I'll start tracking with the contours for now. If I get really into it, I'll pick up a nice set of squared track wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLT View Post
All of the technoviolets gather in this thread. Great pick up I have polished ltws on mine currently also. best oem wheel imo
I agree, it goes perfect with the E36 for some reason. They are going on today after work. I still can't believe I'll have a Techno with LTW wheels. Both found locally too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetywork View Post
How do you guys find these LTW? I've been searching for a while and haven't found a set. Almost to the point of ordering a set from the dealer....
My coworker just happened to have 2 sets and let me have them for a good deal. So I lucked out, just like how I found the car locally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo_M3 View Post
Both cars are absolutely amazing.
Thank you very much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
Maybe we are related.
I have a grey 2011 E90 M3 and a 98 Techno-violet M3 coupe.
Great combo!
That's a perfect combo right there. I feel like that's the best of both worlds, seriously. I'll have to be honest though. I'm never getting rid of my E92, I love that thing to death, but I haven't even touched it this week. Can't put the keys to the E36 down!
Jump to top W/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Jun-04-2014, 08:32:00 PM   #22
Edgy
Constantly Learning M3 and M5 Owner

United States

Congrats and welcome. The two gen difference in driving experience must be wild.

Quote:
My coworker just happened to have 2 sets and let me have them for a good deal. So I lucked out, just like how I found the car locally.
Two sets? Are we talking replica?
Jump to top Edgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-04-2014, 09:02:44 PM   #23
WASNT M3

In the garage:

United States

Car is looking great so far, I also have a 1997 TV.. love the color. Congrats on the new wheels by the way!
Jump to top WASNT M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-04-2014, 10:05:41 PM   #24
VLT

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetywork View Post
How do you guys find these LTW? I've been searching for a while and haven't found a set. Almost to the point of ordering a set from the dealer....
I could possibly be willing to sell mine if you are interested. I'll have fikse fm5s on it in a month. They're getting refinished

04/98 Techno/Dove.... 200k (RIP)
04/98 Techno/Dove.... 115k (SOLD)
10/03 LSB/Black.......... 70k (SOLD)
11/12 LRP E92............. 49k
02/99 Alpine/Dove ...... 150k
Jump to top VLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-04-2014, 11:37:24 PM   #25
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgy View Post
Congrats and welcome. The two gen difference in driving experience must be wild.

Two sets? Are we talking replica?
No they are OEM. The guy has a mint AW/M Cloth coupe, and these were the set that came with his car. He's got another brand new set on his car now, so these were sold to me. They are in good shape, no curb rash or anything, but there's a few spots on the front wheels. But I'm happy how they look, just got them installed. Will wash the E36 and get my friend to do a photoshoot!

But you are right, both so different. I love driving them just as much. The E92 has an engine to die for, and is just so confidence inspiring. The E36 is much more of a hooligan. I know it's so cliche to say that it's more raw, but it is. Oh and gets great gas mileage for what it is too!

Last edited by W///; Wed, Jun-04-2014 at 11:41:13 PM.
Old Wed, Jun-04-2014, 11:45:47 PM   #26
Sammyzuko
Registered User & Abuser

United States

Good stuff man! You seem pretty excited about the car which is refreshing compared to some new buyers who just want a cheap BMW to beat on until they can afford to "upgrade".
Old Thu, Jun-05-2014, 02:30:37 AM   #27
MaynardZed

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
But you are right, both so different. I love driving them just as much. The E92 has an engine to die for, and is just so confidence inspiring. The E36 is much more of a hooligan. I know it's so cliche to say that it's more raw, but it is. Oh and gets great gas mileage for what it is too!
When you get the E36 to the track that's when the real fun will begin. I had a similar experience, started with an E60 M5 at the track but just too expensive and heavy for track abuse. It was an awesome car with its insane 500+hp S85 motor, but I'm already 5-15 seconds faster per lap (depending on track) in my 270ish hp E36.
OMP Full Containment Race Seat
S52 with bolt ons 237 rwhp (DynoJet)
2550lbs empty
Jump to top MaynardZed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-05-2014, 03:43:22 AM   #28
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

OK can't resist posting a picture of the car as it sits right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyzuko View Post
Good stuff man! You seem pretty excited about the car which is refreshing compared to some new buyers who just want a cheap BMW to beat on until they can afford to "upgrade".
As you probably know, these cars are getting harder and harder to find in good condition!

I always do this. Every time I get something new, I'll dive right into it haha. Your sedan looks amazing btw, the wheels suits the car perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardZed View Post
When you get the E36 to the track that's when the real fun will begin. I had a similar experience, started with an E60 M5 at the track but just too expensive and heavy for track abuse. It was an awesome car with its insane 500+hp S85 motor, but I'm already 5-15 seconds faster per lap (depending on track) in my 270ish hp E36.
Very cool to hear. I have no doubt that I'd probably be faster in the E36, also I'm pretty new to this hobby. I can't wait to get it out to the track and see what it can do.
Old Thu, Jun-05-2014, 04:03:30 AM   #29
gripenM

Canada

welcome!!

I've had my E36 for 6 yrs now and it's heavily modded,

just recently picked up a Jerez black E90 M3 as a comfortable but fun daily

I have a hard time choosing which I want to drive some days!
Jump to top gripenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-05-2014, 06:08:49 AM   #30
safetywork

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLT View Post
I could possibly be willing to sell mine if you are interested. I'll have fikse fm5s on it in a month. They're getting refinished
PM sent! Thanks....

'99 e36 M3 (Z3 M Coupe Steering Rack, Turner Shorty Headers, Baffled Oil Pan, Steel Backed Rod Bearings, Reinforced Cross Member, Custom 2.5" ID mid-pipe, MagnaFlow Muffler, TCKline SA, KMac Camber/Caster)
'13 B8.5 S4 (Stock)

Jump to top safetywork is offline   Reply With Quote