BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Aug-10-2018, 03:14:02 PM   #1
scoopy128

United States

Default Android headunit avin avant 3 or eonon

Hi anyone tried to use the usb of these headunits as usb out?

I tried using a dap player to be like usb dac (im using avin avant 3) however only the onkyo app can do the sound but as if theres like a static or something like as if its like buffing

Using the UAPP it makes a sound but as if its pausing every .5 second

Would just like to ask because these headunits are android and i have a helix dsp pro and was thinking of getting the hec usb if this android headunits will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top scoopy128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Aug-10-2018, 03:33:08 PM   #2
rbmwiv

United States

Default Re: Android headunit avin avant 3 or eonon

I donít understand what youíre asking but I have an eonon and I love it. As far as the usb functions mine has the ability to use usb thumb drive to play music from. You can use usb peripherals like the usb radios for listening to police radios etc. I have a iPhone and it connects Bluetooth fine. It has a screen mirroring ability for the iPhone but itís not worth using. I donít own an android, but itís supposed to have android car play or whatever the android version is called. All thatís available on the model available a year ago. I think I may upgrade to a new one. Itís suspose to have more features. My favorite thing is the backup camera. They make wireless ones that replace 1 tag light. It looks totally factory and was wireless and around $20. Took about 15 minuets to install. Plus the eonons have bus control abilities. Your steering wheel buttons work also you can activate the seat heaters with the radio. Never use that, but itís cool that there starting to add things like that. I donít know the capability of the newest ones. But just a little information was that I installed a custom firmware. You should be able to find one online. But that transformed the radio. No more advertising or anything else like that

Jump to top rbmwiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-10-2018, 04:21:35 PM   #3
scoopy128

United States

Sorry was asking if it can be use as a source of music. Basically i removed my stock amp (harman kardon). And i put some aftermarket amps and speaker. Now i have a helix dsp pro that i can use. It has a digital input via digital coax, optical cable, or via usb input card.

Now i would like to use the headunit as a source player directly

Something like that but will use the headunit rather than the iphone

Old Fri, Aug-10-2018, 04:24:45 PM   #4
rbmwiv

United States

The eonon is capable of playing straight off a usb. Mine has 3 usb that will all play music from a thumb drive.

Old Fri, Aug-10-2018, 04:30:06 PM   #5
scoopy128

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmwiv View Post
The eonon is capable of playing straight off a usb. Mine has 3 usb that will all play music from a thumb drive.

Yes even my avin can do that. But i want my helix processor (not the headunit) to do the processing of the sound before it goes to the amp

Old Fri, Aug-10-2018, 04:45:20 PM   #6
rbmwiv

United States

Eonon has pre amps but it doesnít have any digital output on it.

Old Fri, Aug-10-2018, 04:59:17 PM   #7
scoopy128

United States

Do you have a digital player or a dac?

Old Fri, Aug-10-2018, 05:15:28 PM   #8
robstahl

United States

Scoopy128 is trying to retain his digital signal by using usb OUT (similar to using a OTG cable into a external DAC. I have a 8" tablet that usb outputs to DAC and then to a DSP, then to external amps. I have been holding off buying any of the android headunits because of this reason - none of them have this and most chinese manufactures seem to know know what im talking about when asked. Being able to use usb OUT to DAC gives by far the best sound quality and compliments the rest of an after market system.
rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stereo_compare.jpg (244.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg stereo_front.jpg (273.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg stereo_int.jpg (366.2 KB, 23 views)
Jump to top robstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-10-2018, 05:58:42 PM   #9
scoopy128

United States

Yes exactly, i was hoping if someone has tried it with avin. I read in other forum that a guy was able to do it with his eonon. He can play spotify and some apps. But if using his radio it doesnt make any sound.

Now i have a fiio x7 ii can android auto work on this headunit? My car is in my installer and i cant test it now. I have a cable from avin for carplay and i just thought now that my dap is an android maybe i can control my dap via headunit and i can just hide my dap somewhere hehe

Old Fri, Aug-10-2018, 06:22:14 PM   #10
robstahl

United States

there may be 2 things that are working against you. 1)not sure on android headunits, but on tablets/phones you need to enable playing digital out from USB. 2) all of your USB connections might only be INPUTs into the headunit.
I believe ANDROID AUTO from your phone goes INTO your headunit and its only 1 way. Trust me id love to have a 9" android headunit and get all the features but with running all sound thru my DAC.
Jump to top robstahl is offline   Reply With Quote