BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

View Poll Results: Please ONLY VOTE if you sincerely plan to participate. No dreamers.
I am interested in an FRP CSL Front Bumper 80 61.07%
I am interested in a Fully CF CSL Front Bumper 51 38.93%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old Tue, Apr-11-2017, 05:22:34 PM   #61
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: FEELER thread: CSL Front Bumper Group-Buy

Update 4/11/17: (Also found at the bottom of the OP on the first page)

Okay guys, I have a worth while update today, which includes potentially less than good news, great news, and for a large portion of you, possibly better news.

Lets start with the potentially less than good news:
The bumper is not ready and is going to require more additional time to perfect. The internal brace needs to be adjusted and brought down by about 0.7mm. As it currently sits, they are not satisfied with the fitment gap between the headlight and the bumper. Part of the reason this thread is a feeler, is because I wanted to keep you all in the loop, while this product nears completion and I didn't want to open up the GB until the product is 200% complete. So, please be patient, these guys are working hard to make the best product possible.

The good news:
The team at Streamline Aero is more motivated to make the best product possible, than they are to bring a product to market as quickly as possible in order to chase profits. Any time a new product is being developed (even if the product is a clone of an existing piece) hiccups in the developmental process are expected. What I appreciate with this company, is their communication regarding the development process, their fine attention to detail, and the fact that they are not going to rush a product to market. Simply put, these guys are NOT going to stamp their name on anything less than a product that they deem perfect. So, while the bumper may need additional time to work out these small kinks, the good news (to me at least), is that they are diligently working as fast as they can to address any design issues, without sacrificing any quality. They won't release anything that is not 100%, and that is a business model that I can stand by.

(POSSIBLY) great news for what appears to be a majority of you:

Because the internal bumper carrier needs adjustment to make perfect, they have communicated to me that they MAY actually adapt the bumper to work with the OE Kevlar bumper carrier instead, since a large majority of you have expressed the desire for this bumper to be directly compatible with the OE Kevlar bumper carrier. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I value the fact that these guys listen to what the community wants.
I don't want to jump the gun on this however. It is too early to be able to say definitely if they will be adjusting the OEM CSL-styled bumper support or re-adapting the bumper for the Kevlar bumper carrier, but they have heard your voice and are looking at both options very carefully so that they can bring the best fitting, easy installing, and highest quality product to the market. I am not an engineer, I am just an enthusiast, so for guys that have the older aluminum style bumper carrier, I am not sure what that translates to you all, if they go the kevlar route. I am sure other members on here will chime in as to whether the kevlar or aluminum bumper carriers are cross compatible. IF they do decide to go the kevlar bumper route, I will of course find out the details on what that means for those of you that have the stock aluminum bumper. Based on the feedback of this thread, I think this might be (potentially) great news for a lot of you.

I will of course keep you all updated as new information is released to me. I really appreciate your patience and your understanding that these guys are working hard to finish this product as soon as possible, without sacrificing fitment or quality. More than anything else, these guys are motivated to bring nothing but their best work to market, and this is a business model that I respect and am more than happy to wait patiently for, while any imperfections are being addressed.

Thanks for taking the time to read my lengthy update. I hope this news finds you all well.

Also, I have confirmed that the tow-hook is fully functional and will utilize the stock tow-hook cover and the sides of this bumper are exactly like the OE CSL version...Meaning NO chipmunk cheeks! =)

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Tue, Apr-11-2017 at 05:28:18 PM.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Apr-11-2017, 05:25:47 PM   #62
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Excited for this

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-11-2017, 07:57:51 PM   #63
ksa74f

Scotland

Would be awesome if they adapted it for the Kevlar carrier
Jump to top ksa74f is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-11-2017, 08:29:02 PM   #64
Smitsky089

United States

Also interested if they made direct fit to kevlar carrier!

2005 Individual Sterling Gray/Imola Red 6mt
Jump to top Smitsky089 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-11-2017, 08:41:50 PM   #65
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore

Philippines

quoting myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
i wonder if streamline can just provide/make a foam support identical to the 2003.5 - 2006 oem bumpers. then all we would need to do is swap over the suction cup area and re-use the existing kevlar bar
i think this would be an easy option for streamline bumpers

1. dont glue in the FRP carrier inside the streamline bumper
2. make a foam piece that is identical to the kevlar/foam bumper used in oem 2003.5 - 2006 m3's.
3. glue in the foam bar into the streamline bumper
4. remove rubber suction cups from oem foam and transfer to streamline bumper foam
5. re-use oem kevlar carrier

Tischer aka GetBmwParts
Jump to top daytonaviolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-11-2017, 09:01:07 PM   #66
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
quoting myself

i think this would be an easy option for streamline bumpers

1. dont glue in the FRP carrier inside the streamline bumper
2. make a foam piece that is identical to the kevlar/foam bumper used in oem 2003.5 - 2006 m3's.
3. glue in the foam bar into the streamline bumper
4. remove rubber suction cups from oem foam and transfer to streamline bumper foam
5. re-use oem kevlar carrier
I messaged this to them. Sharing this sort of information can only be beneficial to all parties.=) From talking with the owner today, it sounds like they are really leaning towards adapting this bumper to be directly used with the OE Kevlar bumper carrier. So we shall see what direction they go with. Thanks for sharing this on here!

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Old Tue, Apr-11-2017, 10:20:28 PM   #67
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore

Philippines

That's great . Adding this pic for clarification. Borrowed from LightWerkz.

Tischer aka GetBmwParts
Jump to top daytonaviolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-11-2017, 10:38:02 PM   #68
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
That's great . Adding this pic for clarification. Borrowed from LightWerkz.

That should be simple to make a mold of and although I have zero experience with manufacturing, I imagine making styrofoam inserts from a mold is much easier than laying CF and FRP. I might have more updates on this from them tomorrow, when they plan to figure out what direction they are going to go in.

Looking at that picture, if all the kevlar bumpers have that foam, how much of a pain would it be to remove it from the stock bumper and just attach it directly to the Streamline bumper? In theory, it sounds simple and straight forward. In practice, eliminating the customer from having to make any modifications to make the product work, is always the best goal though. I think 95% of people will agree, they just want to buy something and install it. No modification. Modification makes it seem like it is incomplete.

Now, one question I do have (which will probably be best answered by Streamline when they decide what route to take), how compatible is this solution for guys with the aluminum bumper carrier? I have a kevlar bumper carrier and have no problem running this with either my stock kevlar carrier or the built-in CSL carrier with the shock absorbers...but would this mean that if you have the aluminum bumper carrier, you would need to source a kevlar bumper carrier in addition to this bumper? Hopefully this won't be the case either.

Old Tue, Apr-11-2017, 10:40:00 PM   #69
nogoodname
Taking a dump

Canada

Adapting it to the OE Kevlar bar would be amazing! Looking forward to it.
Old Tue, Apr-11-2017, 10:51:53 PM   #70
Pahkthebeemah

In the garage:

United States

as much effort this company is putting into this one bumper for this car is always good news. thanks for update.
12' Jeep Sport (gone)
13' BMW 335i MSport, Stock (gone...regret it)
13' Kia Rio (current daily driver)
03' BMW M3 SMG (pleasure only)
Jump to top Pahkthebeemah is offline   Reply With Quote