BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013) {Engine: S65 - Max Hp: 414 hp (420 hp Euro) at 8,300 rpm / 295 lb/ft at 3,900 rpm}

Old Fri, Mar-02-2018, 09:55:08 PM   #1
spr12

United States

Default FS: 2009 S65 M3 Complete V8 and DCT $10k obo

I'm selling the original engine and DCT out of my 2009 M3. As some of you may know I replaced the motor and DCT with a 2010 donor because it was diagnosed with bottom end failure and main bearing knock. Unfortunately as it turns out it was entirely misdiagnosed and I've confirmed the bottom end is perfectly fine (see pics.) FYI, when I put the motor in, it did the same symptoms and it turned out to be a bad ground.

As such, my 2009 motor and dct are for sale. They have 116k documented miles. The engine and dct were always babied with oil changes under the recommended time and I never drove it with any load until the oil was fully up to temp. The bearings show same. The engine would probably be fine to toss in as is or is a perfect candidate for a build. I'd recommend a professional check it to see if it needs anything. Both the engine and dct are complete for an easy swap from headers to harness; No ECU. The engine even comes with the motor mounts from the donor that had 38k miles on them.

In full disclosure the alternator wire needs to be plugged back into the connector and the motor comes with 2 AC compressors. The original works fine but wobbles and the one that came with the donor had damage to the clutch. I'd guess you can stick the clutch from the old on the new. Dunno. It also comes with oil cooler and lines, but one line from the donor is bad I was told. It has the oil pan from the donor because I liked my old one better, no real reason. Otherwise, it has a new thermostat and temp sensor recently replaced and comes with the hoses on the front for rad, etc.

As you can see from taking the motor apart, the rod bearings, crank and mains are all in great condition, especially given the mileage. Also, be advised that I put everything back together following the BMW Tis including properly setting the bedplate correctly and rod bolts 3x etc. All torque specs were adhered with a snap on angle wrench so it should be good to go.

I also pulled the one drivers valve cover and didn't see any broken springs or anything of note so gave up. (I mainly looked for inquiry as I bought the donor motor before I even took it apart.) Needless to say I was livid to find no issues and total misdiagnosis costing me thousands and my time by a very reputable shop that I paid who shall not be named.

I got the donor for a good price so I'm asking $10k obo as a package deal PLUS shipping. From my research $7k is the rock bottom core value no matter miles and most running motors are in the $12-15k range. I kept the crates from the donor so I can ship. I'm in 92009 CA if you want to pick it up and have a hand forklift or want to use my cherry picker to stick it in a truck. I'd probably also throw in the cherry picker and engine stand as I have no use for them. The shipping from the east coast was arranged by the seller and was about $800 because of 2 separate palate crates. Maybe you can find cheaper.

All reasonable offers considered.

Pics are here:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...post1067791948

Thanks!
Register now and remove these ads