BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Tue, Dec-15-2015, 08:33:57 PM   #1
EKaru

Reputation: 766 EKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru Porsha

United States

Default "Just another reason not to take your S4 to an instant oil change shop...."

Quote:
I already blame myself enough and am aware what I did was stupid by not taking my car to a more trusted shop or doing the work myself but i'll share this post anyways and be ready for the flaming

I was looking through Groupon and saw a $49 deal to get a full synthetic oil change at the Valvoline Instant Oil Change place. So I figured, why not do an added 5K interval change at such a cheap price. I cant buy the parts that cheap so whats to lose right? ...and there is where my mistake lies and what turned into a 4 hour ordeal that involved police.

I pulled up to the oil change place and stayed in the car. A couple minutes into the change I feel a jarring / ripping sensation through the floor of the car. I'm thinking, "Hmmm, I hope they know to slide the aero belly pan to the rear to let it drop down instead of pulling on it." ...I make a mental note.

So now they are at the stage where the person up top starts to pour in the motor oil. He starts to poor it in and stops pretty quickly yelling to the guy below to make sure he drained it all out as it is overflowing. ... Mental note number two. Hmm.

So a few minutes go by and I call the manager over and mention to him that I would appreciate it if he make sure all the 1/4 turn fasteners are put correctly back into place because they are very expensive to replace. He smiles and assures me he will make sure that happens.

So now the oil is supposedly back in the car and we are about to close our transaction. I'm standing at the front of the car now and i'm staring at a 1/4 turn fastener sitting on the ground under the front of my car. I'm waiting...waiting..waiting for someone to pick it up to put it in or to tell me "You're all set." ....and sure enough I hear..."You're all set you are good to go." So I bend over and pick up the 1/4 turn fastener and ask to talk to the manager.

The manager comes over and I point out to him that his person just left $20 worth of fastener of mine on the floor and I'd like to go into his pit to see what else is missing. He takes me down into the pit where I see this...

I'm looking up at the car at first and I see the DSG drain plug right there and there is DSG fluid all over it and dripping. I'm thinking "Why can I see the DSG drain plug? Theres supposed to be an aero pan covering this?" and i'm also thinking..."Oh crap, they drained the DSG fluid."

As I keep looking up my brain starts to register what it is seeing. Holy crap, this guy cut my car into pieces. My aero pan has a huge hole cut into it. I'm standing in the oil pit now with the tech and the manager and I ask the tech if he did this to my car and if he drained my DSG fluid. He says absolutely not. Well since I am under my car every week and I know no one else was under my car I'm finding that very hard to believe. So I took it upon myself to walk around their oil pit until I found two of these..

Yeah, sitting in their trash can are two pieces of my aero pan he cut out. At this point i'm thinking that I need witnesses, and alot of them. I call my wife and I called the police so I could at least get a report.

It looks like this is what happens...

1. Employee cuts hole in transmission aero pan and drains DSG fluid.
2. Tech tries to put in motor oil and it overflows all over the engine because no engine oil was ever removed.
3. Tech and manager were going to let me drive on my way with no DSG fluid and massively overfilled engine oil in which case id likely be out an engine and transmission.

I had the car flat bedded to Audi and will await the damage on MON. I'm worried they tried to cover up their mistake of draining the DSG fluid and put some no name brand automatic transmission fluid in the DSG in which case I dont even want to know how I can get Audi to test the fluid in there to see if it is non OEM.

I have learned my lesson. This sunday sucks.

Mike
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ange-shop-quot

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...il-change-shop
Old Tue, Dec-15-2015, 08:47:46 PM   #2
AllwaysLow
I should buy a boat....

In the garage:

France

Default Re: "Just another reason not to take your S4 to an instant oil change shop...."

Do I blame the victim for surprise buttsecks? Or blame Kong?
Old Tue, Dec-15-2015, 08:50:40 PM   #3
Bochet
( . Y . )

United States

Default Re: "Just another reason not to take your S4 to an instant oil change shop...."

that is absolutely brutal!
Old Tue, Dec-15-2015, 08:57:09 PM   #4
LALaw
Brah

In the garage:

Canada

Sue errrbody
Old Tue, Dec-15-2015, 09:16:27 PM   #5
gojcaj
Cool like a fool in a swimming pool

Albania

Never thought they'd mess up an oil change that badly. Really don't blame the poster as much as the shop.

Sold
O|||||||O - 2014 Jeep JKURX
Jump to top gojcaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-15-2015, 09:23:19 PM   #6
Pierre i am
ranch me brotendo

In the garage:

United States

How did the tech not realize it was transmission oil lol

https://m.imgur.com/r/funny/vrjdqZ4
Jump to top Pierre i am is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-15-2015, 09:47:24 PM   #7
pshep138

In the garage:

United States

Holy christ...

2005 BMW M3 6MT AW/IR (RIP 04/30/16)

IG: @classyplasticlumber
Twitter: @preston_s
Jump to top pshep138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-15-2015, 09:50:21 PM   #8
EKaru

Reputation: 766 EKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru Porsha

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouzbeh View Post
How did the tech not realize it was transmission oil lol
Tech? lol
Old Tue, Dec-15-2015, 10:36:14 PM   #9
Boozshie
Banned

United States

.............................the incompetence is staggering... F$ck me with a chainsaw, that's retarded.
Jump to top Boozshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-15-2015, 10:52:42 PM   #10
Voss
Function over Form

In the garage:

United States

But really, what kind of car enthusiast takes their ride to a Jiffy Lube for an oil change?

Guy needs his hand slapped for that.