BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Photos and Videos
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Photos and Videos Place to post and discuss BMW and other automotive videos and photos.

Old Tue, Aug-30-2016, 06:51:56 PM   #11
BearDeXPS

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: BearDeXPS's Garage Reno

Reno's well underway at this point:

Overhead door should be procured, delivered, and installed within 2wks.

Electrical outlets, plugs, boxes, rewired panel, new ground/rod, etc roughed in.

Relocated and installed new attic ladder.

New up-to-code insulated mandoor/frame hardware installed as well.

Not sure if anyone noticed but I had a little water intrusion issue off to the left side of the garage where the foundation elevation changes. It was tracked back to a roof leak (a really terrible engineering detail) that will be addressed during my roof replacement... but for good measure on the exterior side I decided to pull back my zeroscape, waterpoof the foundation, grade/slope/tamp the dirt, add some geo fabric... then replace the rock.

Do it RIGHT - do it ONCE

Drywall patch work completed and all rock hung. Started scrapping, tapping, and floating today. She's moving along well

'05 BMW ///M3 JB/Blk My Journal
Dinan | Rogue Engineering | Status Gruppe Tuning | H&R | Koni | 3M | Umnitza | Turner Motorsport | TeKarbon | Coby | aFe | Bimmerworld | Schroth
Lang Racing Stg. 2 | SuperTech | ARP | Radium Engineering | Aeromotive | Dimple | Brembo | Racing Brake | Motul | Mishimoto | Redish | C&R
EVOsport | Michelin | Beisan | Macht Schnell | Lamin-X | AKG | BSW | Eurosport Design | Mason Engineering | Vibra-Tech | evolve-R
Jump to top BearDeXPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Aug-30-2016, 07:01:38 PM   #12
Mr. Wolfe
Anti-Bling

In the garage:

United States

Love the updates. Keep em' coming.

Mr. Wolfe

2006 Interlagos/Black ///M3 Coupe 6MT
1987 Turquoise Green / Imola Red 325is Mtech1 w/ M62 V8 Swap
2003 Alpine/Cinnamon ///M3 Coupe 6MT (SOLD)
2003 Steel Gray/Black ///M3 Coupe 6MT (SOLD)
Jump to top Mr. Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-30-2016, 07:45:39 PM   #13
Rontgen

United States

Umm...Am I missing the part about Air Conditioning? In case you hadn't noticed, San Antonio gets hot as **** during the summer.

2001 M5
Jet Black / Black
Jump to top Rontgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-30-2016, 07:57:35 PM   #14
PowerBroker
BOOBS

United States

Hey yeah...he's got a hell of a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rontgen View Post
Umm...Am I missing the part about Air Conditioning? In case you hadn't noticed, San Antonio gets hot as **** during the summer.

Cant wait to check it out in person buddy! Good work thus far.

Check out my Build Thread

Jump to top PowerBroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-30-2016, 08:11:46 PM   #15
BearDeXPS

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
Love the updates. Keep em' coming.

Mr. Wolfe
I'm gonna try my best to keep the progress updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rontgen View Post
Nope... it had not been discussed yet but is a good topic to bring up

I've thought about this... and one day I'll likely add a portable A/C unit... but they're expensive and not something I necessarily need atm. I'm hoping to install a unit similar to the Whynter ARC-14S (14,000 BTU's). For connection of supply and exhaust I'm thinking of retrofitting a window like kit to one of the existing masonry vent blocks... but this is likely a year out. Hacksaw did something similar in his garage and it works pretty well!

EDIT - We've insulated the space along with the garage door in preparation for this future addition

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBroker View Post
Cant wait to check it out in person buddy! Good work thus far.
Me too buddy - ty

Dinan | Rogue Engineering | Status Gruppe Tuning | H&R | Koni | 3M | Umnitza | Turner Motorsport | TeKarbon | Coby | aFe | Bimmerworld | Schroth
Lang Racing Stg. 2 | SuperTech | ARP | Radium Engineering | Aeromotive | Dimple | Brembo | Racing Brake | Motul | Mishimoto | Redish | C&R
EVOsport | Michelin | Beisan | Macht Schnell | Lamin-X | AKG | BSW | Eurosport Design | Mason Engineering | Vibra-Tech | evolve-R
Old Tue, Aug-30-2016, 08:12:33 PM   #16
Rontgen

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBroker View Post
Hey yeah...he's got a hell of a point.
I was a guest at Lackland AFB one summer about 20 years ago. After 8 weeks of Basic Training, I spent the entire month of August doing yard work around the base while I waited for my tech school to start. Absolutely miserable.

I've been looking at split systems for my garage. Like your house, I have a brick exterior and no windows in the garage, so adding a cheap window AC unit is considerably more involved than it sounds. Split systems can be as cheap as $800-900 + install, but no clue how reliable they are.

2001 M5
Jet Black / Black
Jump to top Rontgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-31-2016, 12:49:32 AM   #17
admranger
Registered troublemaker

United States

Those 14k BTU units suck big power. Make sure you have a dedicated circuit for it.

BTW: My garage doors are right up against the ceiling of my garage and the 8500's work great. Much quieter than any overhead GDO, belt driven or not.

'11 E90 M3, Melbourne/Black/Fox Red/Black, 6MT, roof, PP2, heated seats, Eibach Pro Kit, GC Street camber plates, Arc-8's, Technic harness, JL XD 600/6
'16 X5 40e Mineral White/Black Dakota Leather, ZLL, ZCW, ZDA, ZDB, ZPP, side shades, multi contour seats, HK stereo
Jump to top admranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-31-2016, 01:27:36 AM   #18
Iverson jr

In the garage:

United States

I used the Rustoleum concrete stain, looks awesome but I'm afraid it's not incredibly durable. 40 hours on my hands and knees grinding the sealer off was not the hi-light of my life either. Liftmaster 8500 jackshaft garage door opener is solid, no low hanging center track and it has an automatic engaging pin that locks the door down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old Wed, Aug-31-2016, 04:13:04 PM   #19
BearDeXPS

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iverson jr View Post
I used the Rustoleum concrete stain, looks awesome but I'm afraid it's not incredibly durable. 40 hours on my hands and knees grinding the sealer off was not the hi-light of my life either. Liftmaster 8500 jackshaft garage door opener is solid, no low hanging center track and it has an automatic engaging pin that locks the door down
Wow that's a very nice looking garage! Yh I don't think stain will looks as durable but I'm sure the ever changing patina will still look nice!

Old Wed, Aug-31-2016, 04:27:44 PM   #20
BearDeXPS

In the garage:

United States

First layer of tape/float completed... starting to look like a garage again... well at least it's starting to look like a garage with a complete ceiling

New man door installed and all trim completed... installed a 180degree peephole there as well