BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, May-22-2017, 04:37:14 AM   #111
blake_m3

In the garage:

Australia

Default Re: American Racing Headers for the E46 M3

They look sweet!

Just wondering if they will fit on RHD cars?
Jump to top blake_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 04:54:44 AM   #112
10speed

In the garage:

United States

All I really want to know about these headers is how much power and torque throughout the powerband do these make over my Supersprint V1's, how do they sound, and how much do they cost?
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 04:55:12 AM   #113
WOLFN8TR
/// MONEY \\\

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Headers View Post
The previous setup consisted of a competitor’s headers consistent in design with what’s currently available. They connected to catless connection pipes that routed back to section two and onto the SuperSprint race muffler. After extensive tweaking by Frank Smith to the previously catless tune, the ARH system made an additional 15WHP over the previous exhaust!

This would equate to huge performance gains over a factory E46 system, which typically puts down around 270whp. The ARH system, with an Intake, and Supersprint race muffler put down 335 WHP after Frank’s tune. From 6200 RPM on up, it picks up across the board. (See Graph)

That’s 65 wheel horsepower gain from a factory M3 paired with an intake and tune!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman9 View Post
The before Catless headers were Agency Powers
Honestly I think this is pretty impressive, 15 WHP over the Agency Headers with the TTFS Engine Tune. The real question is what is the price? If this setup costs $3000 I will stick with my SGT setup.

BAVSOUND Stage 1 - UltraGauge - Valentine One - Orion V4's - ARC-8's
TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; Mon, May-22-2017 at 05:27:12 AM.
Jump to top WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 04:55:53 AM   #114
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

The amount of in this thread lol.
Few things to note from my own experience:
- 15whp is a massive gain from a catted header over a none catted header. Basically unheard of. I would have never believed it hadn't been for Stan actually being there and I know this guy doesn't f**k around lol
- A car with stock cams, doesn't need nearly as much flow as a cammed car. No exhaust combination made power on my none cammed car till I had my cams installed, then exhaust started making power. I believe this will kill with cams
- This can very well be the ticket to 390 whp NA fbo so chill guys.
-stop throwing prices around till we hear from the vendor (ARH pretend you didnt read any of those and be gentle im in at 1k group buy price )

PM for performance tune requests
Mods:
-Custom CF airbox
-SSV2 catless headers(with a modified collector extention), Custom 2.5" dual sec1, Custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3..
-Cat Cams 280 272.
-Custom dyno tune
-Tms pulleys and electric fan conversion
385.7 whp 288 wtq

Custom exhaust thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=569086
Cams thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=554439
Custom cf airbox thread http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=595180
Why not to use after market bearings with surfacetreatments and /or increased clearance
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...4&postcount=10

Last edited by HassanEido; Mon, May-22-2017 at 09:28:52 AM.
Jump to top HassanEido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 04:59:48 AM   #115
Brian N
wubalubadubdub

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by stash1 View Post
Wyatt, I've either personally dyno'd, or have witnessed pretty much every header currently offered and yes...they're all within about 5HP of each other. I also currently have SSV1's installed on my car and I can guarantee that they are within about 5HP of my previous SGT headers. I will be dyno'ing a set of the ARH headers as well (hopefully very soon), and I'll report back w/post dyno results.
This is the comparison I'm dying to see. Then we should know if we have a header that beats the V1 in parts of the curve, overall, or even at all. Who knows maybe a header more suited to the modified NA guys. On the surface it looks like it would be great for the F/I guys.

At the very least it's another option on the market that produces good power. Regardless the outcome it's exciting to see more stuff being developed for this platfom!

-My Journal-
Jump to top Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 05:05:05 AM   #116
digger

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred455 View Post
This was my take on the dyno graph as well. A prior post said there was no loss anywhere, but to me it seemed there was some loss down low? Maybe its the angle or the clarity of the dyno graph pic posted?

Really excited to see these coming to market!!!
the losses (unless my eyes are confusing which is which) at the lowend arent that significant, not like you get with too short of a collector length. looking at the design IMO if these were stepped with smaller pipe say 1-5/8" off the port transitioning to 1-3/4" and a 2.5" collector choke would probably bring that back up without hurting topend at this power level. then again there is probably a reason why some designs have more separation between pulses

Last edited by digger; Mon, May-22-2017 at 11:56:20 AM.
Jump to top digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 05:35:45 AM   #117
Sandeep1212

In the garage:

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by stash1 View Post
Wyatt, I've either personally dyno'd, or have witnessed pretty much every header currently offered and yes...they're all within about 5HP of each other. I also currently have SSV1's installed on my car and I can guarantee that they are within about 5HP of my previous SGT headers. I will be dyno'ing a set of the ARH headers as well (hopefully very soon), and I'll report back w/post dyno results.
would love to see a comparison dynos of SSv1's and SGT's if you have them.

2003.5 TIAG Black 6MT Gone
2003.5 Carbon Black Laguna Seca Blue SMG Current
Supersprint V1/Supersprint straight pipe sec 1/ Supersprint X-pipe/OEM Muffler/Eventuri Intake/TCKline Single Adjustable 500lbs Front 600lbs Rear/TCKline Camber Plates/TMS Adjustable Rear Control Arm/Powerflex Black RTABs/Turner Delrin FCABS/ Brembo GT 6 pot F 4 Pot R/OEM CSL Trunk/ CSL rep 1 piece lip
Jump to top Sandeep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 01:37:24 PM   #118
FK

United States

My JVT's may need a new home. 345 whp is just too much for them to support lmao.

Anyone get a price yet?
Jump to top FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 03:04:05 PM   #119
tjkenny15

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman9 View Post
What in regards to installation?
It took me a while to install Euro headers and with this being 1 piece, I was curious what type of install issues (if any) you might have run into?

Maneuvering the 2 piece setup was extremely difficult but probably because I had the car on jacks.

65WHP
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 03:27:41 PM   #120
EricSMG
40 something

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanEido View Post
The amount of in this thread lol.
Few things to note from my own experience:
- 15whp is a massive gain from a catted header over a none catted header. Basically unheard of. I would have never believed it hadn't been for Stan actually being there and I know this guy doesn't f**k around lol
- A car with stock cams, doesn't need nearly as much flow as a cammed car. No exhaust combination made power on my none cammed car till I had my cams installed, then exhaust started making power. I believe this will kill with cams
- This can very well be the ticket to 390 whp NA fbo so chill guys.
-stop throwing prices around till we hear from the vendor (ARH pretend you didnt read any of those and be gentle im in at 1k group buy price )
Dude, it's not "just a header", it's a full blown racing header/midpipe assembly that was compared to a knockoff "header-only". Further, the knockoff isn't the current, long-standing top gun SS V1.

I'll happily eat my words if we see anywhere near this delta when compared to the V1. I'm hoping I'm dead wrong and these are the final word in header design for this car - no losses down low, healthy mid and screaming top over anything else available. But we can't say that at this point, is all I'm saying. Honestly, if these guys can match the SSV1 at ~66% the price (catted) then that would be a HUGE win. The top end seems to be there, but I'd like to see more midrange comparos.

Edit - it looks to me like the SSV1 catted makes 15-20 whp over the Euro setup and a butt-load more low end, so I wouldn't call 15 unheard of from header to header. Example:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...5&postcount=51

Current - 2017 F82 M4 ZCP DCT Blk/Blk Fully Loaded
Current - 2004 E46 M3 6MT SG/Black
Sold - 2018 F80 M3 ZCP 6MT AW/Black Cloth "stripper"

Last edited by EricSMG; Mon, May-22-2017 at 03:48:09 PM.
Jump to top EricSMG is offline   Reply With Quote