BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 03:09:36 AM   #1
blackxs

United States

Default M Texture Reproduction

Wanted to share this with the community, I have been working on reproducing the very rare M Texture fabric and am very proud to post this as we are nearing final production next week!

This is the reproduction below It has not been glued together at the proper orientation yet but gives a very nice idea how it will look

For those who do not know, M Texture is a two layer fabric. At the bottom is a printed M colored pattern, as shown. This part was simple enough to reproduce

Here is an example of the new printed fabric under a layer of original perforated fabric material

BMW did not use an off the shelf perforation for this, at least nothing that is available today - they have a round perforation off the shelf that is similar but none in a square pattern quite like this. So we commissioned a custom perforation die and perforated our own

Those pictures were taken just a couple days ago. The adhesion process between the printed bottom layer and the top layer is happening next week and then it is shipping to me! For anyone interested it is currently available at a discounted pre-order price at bmwfabric.com/mtexture

Here are a few pictures of some OE interiors to get an idea how it looks. I love this fabric, it has long been one of my favorites and for a long time we didn't think it was feasible to reproduce due to the complexity.

Just very excited to have been able to reproduce this and wanted to share!
Jump to top blackxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 03:22:29 AM   #2
avusblu_e36

United States

Default Re: M Texture Reproduction

that's awesome!
Jump to top avusblu_e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 03:31:35 AM   #3
lavatoad

United States

Very cool. Now I need an excuse to refinish my seats.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 04:32:22 AM   #4
icecream
Registered Apples

In the garage:

United States

This is so cool. Looks like you guys really did a nice job. Would love to do my seats this way if cost is Not prohibitive.
Jump to top icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 06:08:32 AM   #5
GmbH

United States

Wow that looks perfect!!! Very well done indeed. Very tempted to replace my mcloth seats with the m texture.
Jump to top GmbH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 07:43:50 AM   #6
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Very nice but $185 per yard is highway robbery. But thanks for doing this, for some people itíll be worth it.
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 08:13:40 AM   #7
Oregon1911
BMW CCA 35-Year member, NRA Life-Member

In the garage:

United States

It was expensive to produce that perforation die.

Dinan Stage 1 flash, Dinan Stage 1 suspension, 6MT, CSL 19" wheels, ZHP shift knob, "M-Clunk" limited edition oil filter cap.
Jump to top Oregon1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 02:20:30 PM   #8
twentyseven
@itsmejonnyv

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Very nice but $185 per yard is highway robbery. But thanks for doing this, for some people it’ll be worth it.
FYI regular Alcantara is about $100/yd. BMW M cloth (when you could even buy it in raw form) was about $170 per meter, and M-textur was something like $400.

'04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///M3 SMG coupe
V-CSL, BBS CH, ÷hlins R&T, Supersprint, Brembo GT, custom Z4M seats, AVIN, G5R projector swap

'06 Jet Black + Black ///M3 SMG coupe
100% Stock. 48k mi ***FOR SALE***

'06 Alpine White + Cinnamon ///M3 ZCP 6MT coupe
Built motor by ACE performance, VF Stage 3, (610whp@16psi), KW V3
Jump to top twentyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 02:26:08 PM   #9
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyseven View Post
FYI regular Alcantara is about $100/yd. BMW M cloth (when you could even buy it in raw form) was about $170 per meter, and M-textur was something like $400.

Coming from a family of tailors and interior decorators and being born into it and knowing more than there is to know about fabrics and upholstery the asking price for this material is still high.

Donít get me wrong, I LOVE it and would do my OE CSL interior centers in that in a heartbeat if it was priced closer to alcantara.

Any way thatís my $0.01 on the matter.
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 03:35:26 PM   #10
SlickmisterN
Surrounded By Grapes

Greece

Quote:
Very nice but $185 per yard is highway robbery. But thanks for doing this, for some people itíll be worth it.
Quote:
Coming from a family of tailors and interior decorators and being born into it and knowing more than there is to know about fabrics and upholstery the asking price for this material is still high.

Donít get me wrong, I LOVE it and would do my OE CSL interior centers in that in a heartbeat if it was priced closer to alcantara.

Any way thatís my $0.01 on the matter.
That's some miserly shit!
Jump to top SlickmisterN is online now   Reply With Quote