BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Thu, Dec-27-2018, 04:55:53 AM   #51
SQ13

United States

Default Re: Hello! Estoril coupe M3 from the Bay

Oh man, I should have gotten an Estoril blue E36
Old Fri, Dec-28-2018, 03:00:01 AM   #52
Toodaloo

In the garage:

United States

Default Hello! Estoril coupe M3 from the Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Andrei! take lots of pics of the panel work. I need someone else to do the dirty work so I can learn from them and finally do mine this winter.
Car looks great and quite honestly its ****in crazy how fast you've put it together, and put it together well.

Will do! If I feel so inclined; maybe Iíll even make a writeup about it.
Thanks! Things tend to move fast when youíre surrounded with opportunities. Lift/alignment rack access and shop connections go a LONG way. Even if 80% of the recent work has been completed at home. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ13 View Post
Oh man, I should have gotten an Estoril blue E36

You should have, Itís not too late!

One more update. I replaced the leaking power steering system with FCPís refresh kit (all hoses, new banjo bolts, and reservoir). I figured, that I may as well replace everything. If something goes bad (and it will, itís an e36 PS system haha), FCP will offer a free lifetime replacement which is great.

No photos unfortunately, I was too embarrassed with how grimey the front cross member was from the old leak. It was too heavy to clean after a long day at work. Iíd like to go to town on the engine bay with a steam cleaner one of these days. The car no longer has any notable leaks (other than minor sweating from the VANOS line... knock on wood) so it would be nice to clean it up to my standard.

Last edited by Toodaloo; Fri, Dec-28-2018 at 07:38:24 PM.
Jump to top Toodaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-28-2018, 04:25:22 AM   #53
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

Nice man, awesome update. I'm curious about the cracked wheel, how long did you have those wheels? Did you hit a big pot hole or something? I think the ARC 8 is decent as like a workhorse track wheel (especially for the price) but I have heard about them cracking a few times under not the most stressful situations.
Old Fri, Dec-28-2018, 07:47:45 PM   #54
Toodaloo

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate047 View Post
Nice man, awesome update. I'm curious about the cracked wheel, how long did you have those wheels? Did you hit a big pot hole or something? I think the ARC 8 is decent as like a workhorse track wheel (especially for the price) but I have heard about them cracking a few times under not the most stressful situations.

The wheels were a few years old. My friend owned them before me and put on numerous track days. I wish I could say exactly when they cracked, however Iím not sure. It happened a little less than a week after the autocross; I only noticed the pull on my way home from Monterrey. I donít recall hitting any potholes and am the type of driver to avoid every road imperfection that I can. For example, I even take a 3 mile detour on my way to work to avoid an awful train track crossing. Lol!

At the end of the day, theyíre cheap, lightweight wheels that are a great deal for the money. Theyíre perfect for track use and the quality is far above other wheels in their price range. That being said, so long as Iím able to stick to my plans; Iíll be switching wheels soon(ish) anyways. However Iíll likely keep these around for track use.
Jump to top Toodaloo is offline   Reply With Quote