BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Thu, Jan-10-2019, 11:55:53 PM   #241
erwalker

In the garage:

Canada

Default Re: Comprehensive Avin Avant 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALKD_U View Post
New what? Late to the party. I have a Avant 3 brand new in the box waiting for install....
Updated unit with Android 8.0 and 4 GB of ram. At least that is what the e39 page for the unit is saying is coming at the end of the month.
Jump to top erwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Jan-11-2019, 08:00:11 PM   #242
randman

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwalker View Post
Updated unit with Android 8.0 and 4 GB of ram. At least that is what the e39 page for the unit is saying is coming at the end of the month.
Correct. Updated specs as listed above.
Jump to top randman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jan-11-2019, 08:03:38 PM   #243
WALKD_U

In the garage:

United States

Dang that is nice....
940whp/765wtq SAE Corrected

1996 BLU/BLK M3
NA Bolt-ons
235whp/225wtq SAE Corrected

Instagram:
M3HNGRY

EURO.techniks
<a href=https://www.instagram.com/m3hngry/ target=_blank>M3HNGRY</a>
Jump to top WALKD_U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jan-11-2019, 09:02:31 PM   #244
ATB88

United States

I just placed an order at the $499 sale price and asked them to ship me the new version at the end of the month, and they agreed. They said it should ship at the end of the month.

Excited!

I'm going to have to do HVAC relocation and I'm having trouble understanding exactly which HVAC relocation bracket I need. I'm looking at this realoem diagram, and I'm confused about a few things:

1. My car currently has smoker's package, but I would like to delete that. I assume for cars w/o smoker's package, there's just a larger usable compartment that would go where the ashtray is?

2. I notice googling p/ns that "item 1" on the realoem diagram has slots for individual buttons whereas "item 12" on the diagram has one big long slot for all the buttons. Looking at my car, I can't see any physical breaks in mounting between buttons, so I assume that means I want item 12, yes? My car is a 2002 vert with heated seats and all possible button spaces are filled, if that helps.

Finally, this leads me to believe that the correct HVAC relocation bracket without smoker's package and without the individual button slots would be p/n 51168268892 since that's the only one that doesn't explicitly say smoker's package in it. However, googling the p/n, pictures all show it with a space for the cigarette lighter, and FCP even says it's for cars with smoker's package?

Anyway, if I can get a relocation bracket that has a nice compartment in the bottom instead of an ashtray, help would be appreciated!
Jump to top ATB88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jan-11-2019, 09:35:22 PM   #245
WALKD_U

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATB88 View Post
I just placed an order at the $499 sale price and asked them to ship me the new version at the end of the month, and they agreed. They said it should ship at the end of the month.

Excited!

I'm going to have to do HVAC relocation and I'm having trouble understanding exactly which HVAC relocation bracket I need. I'm looking at this realoem diagram, and I'm confused about a few things:

1. My car currently has smoker's package, but I would like to delete that. I assume for cars w/o smoker's package, there's just a larger usable compartment that would go where the ashtray is?

2. I notice googling p/ns that "item 1" on the realoem diagram has slots for individual buttons whereas "item 12" on the diagram has one big long slot for all the buttons. Looking at my car, I can't see any physical breaks in mounting between buttons, so I assume that means I want item 12, yes? My car is a 2002 vert with heated seats and all possible button spaces are filled, if that helps.

Finally, this leads me to believe that the correct HVAC relocation bracket without smoker's package and without the individual button slots would be p/n 51168268892 since that's the only one that doesn't explicitly say smoker's package in it. However, googling the p/n, pictures all show it with a space for the cigarette lighter, and FCP even says it's for cars with smoker's package?

Anyway, if I can get a relocation bracket that has a nice compartment in the bottom instead of an ashtray, help would be appreciated!
WOW I just asked them and they said they don't know how much it will be...
940whp/765wtq SAE Corrected

1996 BLU/BLK M3
NA Bolt-ons
235whp/225wtq SAE Corrected

Instagram:
M3HNGRY

EURO.techniks
<a href=https://www.instagram.com/m3hngry/ target=_blank>M3HNGRY</a>
Jump to top WALKD_U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 04:46:19 PM   #246
erwalker

In the garage:

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATB88 View Post
Item 1 can have a maximum of five buttons. If you have or have space for more than five, you have Item 2. There is a post in e46fanatics DIY forum that has pictures of the difference between the two consoles that makes it very obvious - https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=966147

The non-smoker console does not have the little led that illuminates the ashtray. it still has space for a 12v socket. There is a storage insert that is used in place of the ashtray insert. It is too long to fit in the smoker console because of that light - http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=239557

Last edited by erwalker; Sat, Jan-12-2019 at 04:58:59 PM. Reason: added 2nd link
Jump to top erwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 08:39:47 PM   #247
ATB88

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwalker View Post
Item 1 can have a maximum of five buttons. If you have or have space for more than five, you have Item 2. There is a post in e46fanatics DIY forum that has pictures of the difference between the two consoles that makes it very obvious - https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=966147

The non-smoker console does not have the little led that illuminates the ashtray. it still has space for a 12v socket. There is a storage insert that is used in place of the ashtray insert. It is too long to fit in the smoker console because of that light - http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=239557
Ahhh got it. Right it makes sense that with or without smoker's package you'd get the lighter in there for accessory outlet use. Thank you!!
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 08:56:13 PM   #248
ATB88

United States

Another question: I'm trying to decide whether or not to add the Apple carplay adapter to my Avant 3 order, or just get a cheaper apadter somewhere else.

I've never used carplay so it's unclear if all of these aftermarket carplay adapters are created equal and should all function the same way, or if some come with their own proprietary app/software you need to install on the headunit to make it run?

I have no idea what brand the one Avin is selling is (does anyone who got one know?), but should I expect their $99 adapter to function identically to, say, this $59 adapter?

or this one?

https://www.banggood.com/USB-Dongle-...r_warehouse=CN
Old Tue, Jan-15-2019, 12:26:34 AM   #249
RT-66

United States

Well, I have to say this radio is the worst piece of crap and the biggest waste of $789 I've ever spent.

1. Dead spots in the touch screen so several apps cannot be used.
2. Day and night backlighting for the screen doesn't function even thought the backlighting on the buttons does work.
3. The I-bus does not read oil temperature, so the radio thinks the engine is cold all the time and it alarms every time the rpms exceed 3,100.
4. The steering wheel controls do not work.
5. Three of the TPMS sensors that came with radio will not read.
6. The radio flashes and reboots every time the I-Bus app is opened.

Three weeks of trying and Avin has not responded to my request for support. Anyone want to buy a door stop?

Last edited by RT-66; Tue, Jan-15-2019 at 12:33:07 AM.
Jump to top RT-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jan-15-2019, 01:02:27 AM   #250
RyanAllison

United States

^^

I too canít get a response. Buggy as all f*** with Apple CarPlay. Afraid to activate iBus at this point. Donít know what to do. Want to return and wait for the new and improved unit. Itís only been 3 weeks and nothing but issues

2006 BMW M3 ZCP Interlagos Blue

6 Speed

Supreme Power 18mm / 15mm spacers
APEX ARC 8 18x9.5 +35
MCS 2WNR (Hyperco 700/800)
Autosolutions 30% SSK

CSF oil cooler & radiator

Nitto NT01
Powerflex Control Arm Bushings
Performance Friction PFC08 Pads
IG: @supremepoweragent
Jump to top RyanAllison is offline   Reply With Quote