BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 03:36:57 PM   #11
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Default Re: M Texture Reproduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickmisterN View Post
That's some miserly shit!

Hahaha far from it but carry on....
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 10:18:43 PM   #12
E30toF30

Canada

Amazing! This reproduction looks pretty spot on.

Im in the process of doing an interior conversion from dove grey (gross) to full black/m texture. Found a set (seats and doorcards) halfway across the country! So stoked!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Jump to top E30toF30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-12-2019, 11:07:08 PM   #13
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Awesome!

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-13-2019, 12:23:49 AM   #14
WALKD_U

In the garage:

United States

Sweet! Love it

2005 JB/BLK 330i ZHP
NA Bolt-ons
207whp/216wtq SAE Corrected

1996 BLU/BLK M3
NA Bolt-ons
235whp/225wtq SAE Corrected

1988 SETA 325I
NA Bolt-ons
165whp/160wtq SAE Corrected

Instagram
M3HNGRY
Jump to top WALKD_U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-13-2019, 01:35:05 AM   #15
icecream
Registered Apples

In the garage:

United States

Couple questions:
When is the group buy and how mich does one need for inserts and door cards?

Can you post a picture of the original m texture next to this?
Jump to top icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-13-2019, 01:57:33 AM   #16
Maxima SE
445 FTW

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Very nice but $185 per yard is highway robbery. But thanks for doing this, for some people it’ll be worth it.
Quote:
Coming from a family of tailors and interior decorators and being born into it and knowing more than there is to know about fabrics and upholstery the asking price for this material is still high.

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE it and would do my OE CSL interior centers in that in a heartbeat if it was priced closer to alcantara.

Any way that’s my $0.01 on the matter.
no its not highway robbery. its a good thing people out there strive to make new products for the community.

whats highway robbery is the idiotic trends and asking prices for hyped up crap on this forum..... things like stripped zero option cars with a premium price tag... hyped up shit like "Slick top", "manual seats", "halogen housing"...... or decade old farted on OE CSL seats demanding eight thousand dollars when you can get brand spanking new Recaro Sporstsers for half that price which are newer and better anyway.... or anything else OE CSL for that matter

Last edited by Maxima SE; Sun, Jan-13-2019 at 02:02:17 AM.
Jump to top Maxima SE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-13-2019, 02:11:46 AM   #17
icecream
Registered Apples

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxima SE View Post
no its not highway robbery. its a good thing people out there strive to make new products for the community.

whats highway robbery is the idiotic trends and asking prices for hyped up crap on this forum..... things like stripped zero option cars with a premium price tag... hyped up shit like "Slick top", "manual seats", "halogen housing"...... or decade old farted on OE CSL seats demanding eight thousand dollars when you can get brand spanking new Recaro Sporstsers for half that price which are newer and better anyway.... or anything else OE CSL for that matter
Hahaha, I have to agree, or god forbid you find worn out factory m tex seats. The e46 m3 hype is real lol.
Not to mention alcantara is about 100 per yard and this is not only 100 percent custom but also two layers of fabric.
I would like to see the price come down a bit to make it make more sense for me but that also depends how much i need to do the interior.
Jump to top icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-13-2019, 02:37:50 AM   #18
blackxs

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by avusblu_e36 View Post
that's awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavatoad View Post
Very cool. Now I need an excuse to refinish my seats.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecream View Post
This is so cool. Looks like you guys really did a nice job. Would love to do my seats this way if cost is Not prohibitive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmbH View Post
Wow that looks perfect!!! Very well done indeed. Very tempted to replace my mcloth seats with the m texture.
Thank you guys!!! Been a lot of hard work but think it is paid off. Glad to see other enthusiasts as excited as I am about it

Quote:
Very nice but $185 per yard is highway robbery. But thanks for doing this, for some people itíll be worth it.
Appreciate your opinion, but respectfully this is a very low production fabric that uses multiple custom layers of material that also have to be adhered together and then foam applied. Every step of this process is custom and costs money, the bottom printed layer is custom, the top layer material required a custom perforation die, perforation itself is a process that takes time and money, then we have to have the layers glued together, then the foam layer is applied underneath all of it

Highway robbery is BMW making bulk purchases of all of this, amortizing the cost over a much greater amount, yet still charging 2x my cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon1911 View Post
It was expensive to produce that perforation die.
Let's just say I could have bought a beat up E36 M3 for the price of the die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyseven View Post
FYI regular Alcantara is about $100/yd. BMW M cloth (when you could even buy it in raw form) was about $170 per meter, and M-textur was something like $400.
Yup

Quote:
Coming from a family of tailors and interior decorators and being born into it and knowing more than there is to know about fabrics and upholstery the asking price for this material is still high.

Donít get me wrong, I LOVE it and would do my OE CSL interior centers in that in a heartbeat if it was priced closer to alcantara.

Any way thatís my $0.01 on the matter.
If it was priced closer to alcantara I would certainly sell a bunch of it! And then I would go broke after losing money on every yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30toF30 View Post
Amazing! This reproduction looks pretty spot on.

Im in the process of doing an interior conversion from dove grey (gross) to full black/m texture. Found a set (seats and doorcards) halfway across the country! So stoked!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
That sounds awesome! It has long been a dream interior of mine... thought it was unobtainable based on the price (I'm not one to spend big $$$ on cars...) but now I can make my own Still, I think an OE interior will always be a bit more special in a way. I'll certainly be looking out for pictures of it soon, I've long been a lurker around here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALKD_U View Post
Sweet! Love it
Thank you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecream View Post
Couple questions:
When is the group buy and how mich does one need for inserts and door cards?

Can you post a picture of the original m texture next to this?
The group buy is going on now until the material lands on my door - probably around early February
5 yards would do 4 seat inserts and 4 door panel inserts (like an OE interior)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxima SE View Post

Thank you! Lots more stuff in development too

I love stripper spec cars personally (my personal E36 M3 has a lot of extra options deleted/removed) and boy do I love slick tops and halogen lights I guess to me it's sort of like the M3 is a driving car, so cars that accent the driving aspect - slicktop to remove the distraction and lower the weight and cog, manual seats and halogen lights for lighter weight - it makes it a more pure "driving" car. These cars that were speced as "driving cars" are rarer, because most people paying M3 money want the luxuries. Rarity = value... just look at how E39 M-sports are selling for $30K+ when nice E39 M5's can be had under $20k. I don't love it (mostly because I want to buy those stripper spec cars to actually enjoy, not let collect dust in an investor's garage) but it is what it is...

I definitely don't understand paying a huge premium for used seats when there are aftermarket options that are almost identical, if not better. But I guess that's why I'm selling fabric lol
Jump to top blackxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-13-2019, 03:47:20 AM   #19
TheSt|G
Resident Curmudgeon

In the garage:

Isle of Man

This looks fantastic, don’t let the twunts disuad you.
911 Journal/Build Thread
Sold - '03 Lemans on Lemans E39 M5 6MT
Sold - '99 Kosmos-Schwarzes E36 5MT M3 Coupe
Jump to top TheSt|G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-13-2019, 02:14:08 PM   #20
bran.stum

In the garage:

United States

Very excited! Bought a few yards to have my Recaro inserts redone

Jump to top bran.stum is offline   Reply With Quote