BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Cars for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Cars for Sale/Wanted Place to list your private cars for sale. ONLY BMW's.

Old Tue, Apr-30-2013, 02:41:58 AM   #21
Duck360198

United States

Default Re: 05/06 Alpine White ZCP w/ Fewest Options Possible + FINDER'S FEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm3 View Post
Oh I don't really care about the finder's fee.

I can personally attest to John's car as I have seen it when we met up last year. It's in great condition and he also has the unique CF airbox and Epic tune to go with it (although he's selling the airbox separately).

Also, to be honest, besides the steering ratio, cube aluminum trim, larger front brake rotors and M track mode (all of which can be retrofit), there's not much difference between ZCP and non-ZCP. I get that you want ZCP - heck I own one - but I wouldn't call it a deal breaker. The lack of sunroof and manual seats in the color you want is much rarer. Good luck with the search!
I completely get what you're saying regarding the ZCP, and I know the differences are pretty negligible, it's all just a matter of preference. I like the fact that it's a package and I like it that it was only offered for two years. It's kind of that extra exclusivity as the non-options. IF an '06 were to come up that had everything but the competition package, I'd probably jump on it.

As for John's car, again it comes down to preference, but too much has been done for our taste. My '05 had quite a few mods when I bought it (including the Dinan S3 package) and it was the biggest mistake. I just don't want to go down the road of an extensively modified/tuned M3 again....even if it's brought back to stock.
Jump to top Duck360198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Apr-30-2013, 02:46:09 AM   #22
Duck360198

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nek0 View Post
hey if your willing to pay the money go to EAS more than likely they have what you want

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/3772263066.html

or maybe this
I assume you mean EAG, not EAS, right? EAG keeps an eye out, but I think this car is probably high up on other clients' lists as well so I'm not sure if we'd get first crack at one if it were to come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novachump View Post
holy crap, whoever finds this car is going to earn every penny of that finder's fee.
Better believe it!!!! That's why I'm saying it's not going to be a $100 fee. Find me my car...I'm PayPal ready to send you that fee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
I agree with this. It's fairly easy and probably not even that expensive to source the brakes and steering rack and then just program in the M track mode. The sunroof and power seat delete is the part that's hard to find.
I agree with you, but like I said above, I like that factory ZCP option on the build sheet. And obviously since the ZCP was only in '05 and '06, we like that little bit of exclusivity.
Old Tue, Apr-30-2013, 03:27:46 AM   #23
Dave B
M3 collector

Italy

I liked it too. And it was a bit of a concession to go with a nice 04 that was otherwise identical when mine was totaled.

(That said - I hated the single button steering wheel. Felt like an afterthought fake "upgrade" due to excess CSL stock. I retrofitted the regular buttons to mine.)
Jump to top Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-30-2013, 06:07:17 AM   #24
OptionLessM
Banned

United States

I have a few of your requirements.
- AW
- No Sunroof
- No Nav

I have Competition Package wheels, suspension, and alcantara steering wheel. I can also get the cube trim.

However, I am not < 50k miles. Although in my opinion, quality maintenance and care is more important than mileage.

EDIT: lol I just saw that dante gave you the heads up

I can remove as many modifications as you want. I am buying a set of grey seats and have offers to trade for cube trim.

Last edited by OptionLessM; Tue, Apr-30-2013 at 06:11:38 AM.
Jump to top OptionLessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-01-2013, 03:15:38 AM   #25
Duck360198

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionLessM View Post
I have a few of your requirements.
- AW
- No Sunroof
- No Nav

I have Competition Package wheels, suspension, and alcantara steering wheel. I can also get the cube trim.

However, I am not < 50k miles. Although in my opinion, quality maintenance and care is more important than mileage.

EDIT: lol I just saw that dante gave you the heads up

I can remove as many modifications as you want. I am buying a set of grey seats and have offers to trade for cube trim.
Hahah!! Too funny! A lot of people have pointed me to your car. I would agree with you on the quality of maintenance vs. mileage, and I understand that even a 3K mile car would probably require a decent amount of conditioning but that doesn't bother us.

And I'll be honest....your signature picture scares me a bit. I understand the car is meant to be driven, but we really don't want a car that has seen significant track time.

Again, this is all personal preference. You have a gorgeous car...just not quite the package we're looking for, that's all. All the best with your sale though.
Old Wed, May-01-2013, 02:52:23 PM   #26
optoomistic

United States

ive got the only manual seat havin, slick top AW m3 w three pedals that i have ever seen. no options other than premium sound and heated seats. 2004 130K only "mod" is a K&N drop in filter and its for sale
Jump to top optoomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, May-02-2013, 03:25:06 AM   #27
Duck360198

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by optoomistic View Post
ive got the only manual seat havin, slick top AW m3 w three pedals that i have ever seen. no options other than premium sound and heated seats. 2004 130K only "mod" is a K&N drop in filter and its for sale
That's not what we're looking for, but certainly appreciate you letting us know. Good luck with your sale.
Old Thu, May-02-2013, 12:35:36 PM   #28
username11

In the garage:

United States

I am looking for a similar configuration Imola ZCP. Started looking over a year ago.

From searching it appears one comes up for sale on the forums approximately every 1-1 1/2 years.

I think there are tons of 2006 ZCPs sitting in garages around the country being driven on the weekends. Why take the massive hit and sell unless you have to?
Jump to top username11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, May-02-2013, 10:09:08 PM   #29
DiXiS 18

Not quite there but meets a lot of the requirements you were looking for. What you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...t_36005wt_1167

And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win.
-Ayrton Senna
Jump to top DiXiS 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-03-2013, 03:40:27 AM   #30
Duck360198

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by username11 View Post
I am looking for a similar configuration Imola ZCP. Started looking over a year ago.

From searching it appears one comes up for sale on the forums approximately every 1-1 1/2 years.

I think there are tons of 2006 ZCPs sitting in garages around the country being driven on the weekends. Why take the massive hit and sell unless you have to?
Why don't you take a look at the one at Enthusiast Auto? Stunning car!!! I think you're right about the '06s not really being driven...I'm just hoping someone won't want to sit on it anymore and we can pounce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiXiS 18 View Post
Not quite there but meets a lot of the requirements you were looking for. What you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...t_36005wt_1167
Not a bad car at all. I'm watching it on my eBay panel. Couple things though: 1) It's not a ZCP 2) it has SMG. Definitely need a 6MT at a minimum. I really wasn't all that impressed with the interior either. Looked pretty beat up.

So the search continues! Thanks for posting the link....much appreciated.