BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Mon, Apr-23-2018, 02:18:08 PM   #5711
propchef
Toodle-oo Motherf**kers

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: The Official Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomcalo View Post
^^how was it chef? I saw that this weekend and almost picked it up but saw it was 11.3% lol and went with something else. I'm intrigued tho
Very floral and hoppy. Not a beer I'd drink on a regular basis but fun for an occasional change. Wife said the floral notes remind her of cannabis (she doesn't smoke) and I can see where it does.

Sent from my crotchphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllwaysLow View Post
x2 and some Chicago style pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dom View Post
He's suffered enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EKaru View Post
STFU Klong!!!!! Go Fuk Yourself!
Jump to top propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, May-28-2018, 05:58:47 AM   #5712
racingbmwm3
Illegal domestic alien

In the garage:

United States

Couple beers from today

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX
gone:'01 325i, '02 X5 4.6is, '87 325, 94 325i, 93 525it, 84 318i (373k miles), 71 2002
Jump to top racingbmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-04-2018, 02:57:24 AM   #5713
racingbmwm3
Illegal domestic alien

In the garage:

United States

Nothing like free beer as a reward for finishing the marathon relay

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX
gone:'01 325i, '02 X5 4.6is, '87 325, 94 325i, 93 525it, 84 318i (373k miles), 71 2002
Old Mon, Jul-16-2018, 01:16:19 PM   #5714
EnVe46

In the garage:

United States

Got to try this amazing and very hard to find beer at Detroit airport nonetheless

Definitely lives up to the hype. Great for 9am to as itís almost like an ipa crossed with orange juice

Had this one first

Was also delicious!
Jump to top EnVe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-17-2018, 02:41:48 PM   #5715
pawa_k2001
Track Junkie

In the garage:

Ukraine

Put considerable effort to get these. Limited, seasonal beer.

Suspension: AST 4100 Suspension, Vorshlag camber plates, Mason front strut bar
Engine: Status Gruppe SCZA exhaust
Exterior: Status Gruppe front valance
Brakes: Bimmerworld brake stiffener kit
Wheels: Apex ARC-8 18x9.5" W/ Michelin PS4S tires 265/35/18
Jump to top pawa_k2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Nov-19-2018, 07:16:18 PM   #5716
racingbmwm3
Illegal domestic alien

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
Put considerable effort to get these. Limited, seasonal beer.

upcoming holiday party, or just the week's supply? This is the best time of year for delicious winter beers. May I suggest getting a pallet of every kind? My recommendations:
Ninkasi Sleigh'r, Widmer Brrr, Deschutes Jubelale (top pick of all), Elysian Bifrost, Lagunitas Brown Shugga, and Full Sail Wreck the Halls

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX
Old Thu, Mar-07-2019, 11:08:26 PM   #5717
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Some notable beers that I've had recently that stood out from the crowd to me:

IPAs:
- Columbia Craft 'Motivational Password' -- Hazy NE DIPA dry hopped with Galaxy Hops. One of the best DIPA's I've had and local to Columbia, SC
- Coast Brewing Boy King Imperial IPA -- outstanding imperial IPA. Strong notes of caramel in smell and flavor.
- Six Point Brewery 'Resin IPA' -- One of my favorite canned DIPA.
- Six Point Brewery 'Dabble IPA' -- Very experimental IPA that is uses newage hops like Idaho 7 hops, Cashmere, and Sabro hops -- Tastes like an IPA meets Coconut water -- very unique
- Sweet Water 420 'Strain G13' -- Truly amazing how well they captured the smells and tastes of cannabis. Pouring this beer will stink up a whole room full of a dank weed smell. Tasting this beer will convince you that you will fail a drug test.
- Wicked Weed 'Pernicious IPA' -- a very juicy, fruit forward IPA that I enjoyed.

Sours:
- Twisted Spur 'Wiesse Ass' -- Super tart sour that will make your face pucker with a strong lasting after taste of bready crackers. Delicious.
- D9 'Le Peche Mode' -- Light peach tasting sour with forward notes of aged vanilla bean. Exceptional beer.
- DuClaw Brewing Co 'Devil Made Me Do it!' -- Deep golden sour, aged in Hell On Wood Bourbon-aged Barleywine barrels to add notes of vanilla, charred oak, and caramelized sugar with a nice sour apple taste to it.
- Columbia Craft Patisserie -- exceptional sour with a strong tart cherry and blackberry backbone.
- Pawleys Island Brewing Company 'Cranberry Sauced' -- incredible sour with a very pronounced tart cranberry backbone. Absolutely lovely.

Sour-IPAs:
- Rhinegeist Brewing (collab. with Green Cheek Brewing) 'Aint No Tang' -- My absolute favorite sour IPA -- One of the best beers I've ever had. Wish I could get it in my state.
- Columbia Craft 'Bier Hall' -- Best local sour IPA in my town. Great hop aroma and taste but with the bitterness replaced with tart sour.
- Epic Brewing 'Tart and Juicy' -- Also a very good beer. The name describes it perfectly.
- Edmund Oast 'Sour Flower' -- Double dry hopped sour IPA. Very tart and sour beer, with wonderful hop flavors and aroma without being bitter.

Hefeweisens:
- Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier -- Oldest (nearly 1,000 years old) brewery in the world. One of the very best Hefe's you can buy. Incredible banana bread and clove complexity.
Weihenstephaner 'Hefeweissbier dunkel' -- like their normal hefe, but toasty and roasted in flavor complexity. Like a fresh loaf of bread.
Echter Weisbier -- Very similar to Weihenstephaner's Hefe. a premium Bavarian weisbier, with wonderful banana bread and clove notes.

bocks and doppelbocks:
Weihenstephaner 'Korbinian' -- Every beer this brewery makes is special and exceptional. Outstanding doppelbock. Roasty and toasted complexity with notes of caramel and raisin bread.
Weihenstephaner 'Vitus' -- very creamy single bock with wonderful notes of a fine yeast.

Lager: (admittedly I am not a light lager/light beer type of guy -- I like flavor, complexity, tart, bitterness, ect.)
- Columbia Craft 'Lager' -- Hands down, the best "light lager" i've ever had. Drinks like a crushable light beer but with so much flavor. Totally took me by surprise.

Golden Ale:
Revelry Brewing 'God's Favorite' -- Belgian Style Strong Ale (9% ABV) -- The best golden ale I've had...so much flavor and it will absolutely knock you on your ass.

For now, those are those most recent beers that stood out to me. I'm sure I am forgetting some. Happy to talk more on any of them, their nuances, ect...or anything else related to beer.

2 beers not available to my region which I am dying to try -- The Alchemist 'Heady Topper' and Russian River Brewing Company 'Pliny the Younger' -- If these beers are local/available to you and if you would be interested in exchanging regional beers -- Please PM me, would LOVE to add these two to my palate.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized HJS Race Catted section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized Custom section 2, Custom Oversized Supersprint muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Brembo GT6 (front) + GT4 (rear) BBK, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, SMG Pump Relocated.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested):
Camshaft Group-Buy, OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-08-2019, 03:30:12 PM   #5718
racingbmwm3
Illegal domestic alien

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
The Alchemist 'Heady Topper' and Russian River Brewing Company 'Pliny the Younger' -- If these beers are local/available to you and if you would be interested in exchanging regional beers -- Please PM me, would LOVE to add these two to my palate.
Sour IPA??

That Strain G13 sounds yummy. New Belgium Hemperor is very similar, open a bottle and everyone within 100 ft thinks they are inside a grow operation. My kids hate it when I drink that one.

If you want Pliny the Younger, you'll need to plan a trip to Sonoma next February:

Quote:
Pliny the Younger will make his 15th Annual return to Russian River Brewing Company February 1st through February 14th, 2019! For the first time Younger will be available at our new Windsor brewery as well as the original Downtown Santa Rosa location! It will be available on draft each day at our brewpubs until we run out of that day’s allocation. Younger is neither bottled nor available in growlers so more people will have the opportunity to enjoy it right from the source, or at a handful of select draft accounts.

Please plan to wait in line anywhere from 1 hour to 5 or 6 hours on the weekends once we get the doors open.
Younger is served in a 10oz. glass with a maximum of 3 per person PER DAY.
Since finding out about Pliny the Elder, I've been making a pilgrimmage down there once/year or more and make whatever detours I need to pick up a couple of 22's as well as get a couple pints on draft.

We had a secret santa in july beer edition a couple years ago. We should drum up enough interest and people to do that again. In just the time since then there's been a significant explosion in high quality craft beers that are extremely local.

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX

Last edited by racingbmwm3; Fri, Mar-08-2019 at 03:33:57 PM.
Old Fri, Mar-08-2019, 10:48:55 PM   #5719
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingbmwm3 View Post
Sour IPA?? Oh yes! I take it that this style beer hasn't hit your neck of the woods yet? Oh man, they are DELICIOUS. Best of both worlds. Starting to get more popular where I am -- and I predict you will see more and more of these pop up around the country. I'd say I am a pretty big hop head when it comes to beers (usually go for either a super bit DIPA or NEDIPA), but a good sour IPA is some of the best beer I've ever had.

That Strain G13 sounds yummy. New Belgium Hemperor is very similar, open a bottle and everyone within 100 ft thinks they are inside a grow operation. My kids hate it when I drink that one. New Belgium Hemperor is good too. Very very similar.

If you want Pliny the Younger, you'll need to plan a trip to Sonoma next February: So far away. =( Have you tried Vermont's Heady Topper? That's top of my list -- but will need to find someone that is willing to exchange from that area.

Since finding out about Pliny the Elder, I've been making a pilgrimmage down there once/year or more and make whatever detours I need to pick up a couple of 22's as well as get a couple pints on draft.

We had a secret santa in july beer edition a couple years ago. We should drum up enough interest and people to do that again. In just the time since then there's been a significant explosion in high quality craft beers that are extremely local. We should definitely do this again. Surprisingly a LOT of great beers in my town of South Carolina and in neighboring towns and states. This would be a very fun exchange to put on. I'm 100% down for it.
Good to hear that Pliny the Elder lives up to the hype. Have you had the Younger, yet?

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized HJS Race Catted section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized Custom section 2, Custom Oversized Supersprint muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Brembo GT6 (front) + GT4 (rear) BBK, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, SMG Pump Relocated.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested):
Camshaft Group-Buy, OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-11-2019, 05:37:55 PM   #5720
racingbmwm3
Illegal domestic alien

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Good to hear that Pliny the Elder lives up to the hype. Have you had the Younger, yet?
I probably won't try the Younger unless I already happen to be in the SF area during it's release. There's enough excellent beers out there that I haven't felt the need to spend my weekend waiting in lines at the airport and the brewery.

I first had sour beers several years ago and then again last fall. I haven't liked them either time. I'd be willing to try a sour IPA as an experiment though.

Heady Topper, and some of the treehouse or trillium beers would be nice too. I finally had Cigar City last year and it was good. I only gave it a 4/5 on untappd, so it didn't live up to the hype. Likely better on draft than in a can after travelling across county in the summer.

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX