BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, May-15-2017, 11:58:08 PM   #31
R-power

Italy

Default Re: M4 Brakes on E46 M3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
So as it appears my friend has done on a couple of e46 and today I spoke with the owner of the one from the pictures and he said its running without problems and he has been on the Nurburgring and done several track days and the car stops like crazy with no unnecessary abs intervention and a great brake pedal feedback.

The front callipers go on pretty straightforward with just a simple adapter has to be machined.

The rear are a bit tricky as you have to modify the rear calliper slightley on the machine in order to have perfect aligment of the pads to the discs.

Here are photos from 2 sets being made to fir the E46 M3.

Photos are from my local company Milletech that build awsome exhaust systems for some top cars.
Dear @mrgicm
Thx for you contribution.
I wanna do the same..
4pot on front
2 pot in rear
May you give me details in rear
It must be adapted in et to fit properly oem 328x20 rotor.
Isn't it?
Have you additional photos on this?
Or some details?

Sent from my Sony X-compact using tOpatalk

"This means that... There're NO SPEED LIMITS !!!" (J.Clarkson - Isle of Man)
Jump to top R-power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Oct-25-2017, 08:54:37 AM   #32
mrgicm

Croatia

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply... here are some photos from my car,

Did some miles and a track day and it works perfectly! Love the brake feel and compared to the old setup with PFC and Endless pads it is night and day difference.

I was concered about the rear end being to strong but I got a recomendation from endless to use a slightley less grade pad at the rear and the car just feels so stable at hard braking.

Last edited by mrgicm; Wed, Oct-25-2017 at 09:02:05 AM.
Jump to top mrgicm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-25-2017, 08:55:39 AM   #33
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

My tech already did this a few weeks back. looks amazing on the fronts. I was shocked when he showed me lol.
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-25-2017, 11:15:32 PM   #34
bimmerfan08

In the garage:

United States

I haven't looked into the M4 brake setup that far but how's the brake bias for the E46?

Looks aesthetically pleasing though!

"The most difficult part of figuring out a car, the engineering, has been done. Repairs and maintenance are simply taking parts apart and putting them back together again." - bimmerfan08
Jump to top bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-26-2017, 02:43:29 AM   #35
BigLooga

Canada

Used to have nice gold STI brembos on the Subaru, upgrade to a BMW M3 and get zero brake bling, thanks BMW (they do stop better than STI).

Good looking calipers.
Jump to top BigLooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-30-2017, 04:58:05 PM   #36
aerpelding
///M Driver

In the garage:

United States

Now that this is being proven as a possible upgrade, i'm definitely interested vs installing 996 brembo calipers. Keeping OEM BMW pads is a huge plus for me.

Laguna Seca Blau | Full Cinnamon Interior Swap | KW v1 | GC Street Camber plates | OEM e92 19" ZCP w/10mm Macht Schnell rear spacers | 245/35, 275/30 Michelin PSS | OEM 330d shifter | ZHP Leather weighted shift knob | Ledermanz Alcantara wrapped steering wheel | Coby Alcantara e-brake handle & Alcantara e-brake boot | Macht Schnell intake elbow | Macht Schnell air filter | OEM Fender Gills painted Gloss Black via iND | OEM Hood Grills painted Gloss Black via iND | OEM LED Taillight retrofit | Bi-Xenon D2S 4.0 Projector retrofit by Kustom54 Lighting | Streamline CF CSL Style rear diffuser | SuperSprint LTW Race |
Jump to top aerpelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-30-2017, 07:06:59 PM   #37
mrgicm

Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFocus View Post
Now that this is being proven as a possible upgrade, i'm definitely interested vs installing 996 brembo calipers. Keeping OEM BMW pads is a huge plus for me.
Thats is the reason I did it as I can switch between my m4 easily and all the parts I need are on stock at the dealer.

Only downside of this upgrade is the rear OEM M4/M2 calliper has to be modifeid a bit.
Old Mon, Oct-30-2017, 08:06:32 PM   #38
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I haven't looked into the M4 brake setup that far but how's the brake bias for the E46?

Looks aesthetically pleasing though!
Don't want to say anything definitive without seeing numbers, but my gut says two cars with similar weights, weight distributions, and same engine/drive layouts are likely to have similar brake biases.
Old Mon, Oct-30-2017, 08:41:24 PM   #39
dothraki

United States

Is Milletech selling the brake adapters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
So as it appears my friend has done on a couple of e46 and today I spoke with the owner of the one from the pictures and he said its running without problems and he has been on the Nurburgring and done several track days and the car stops like crazy with no unnecessary abs intervention and a great brake pedal feedback.

The front callipers go on pretty straightforward with just a simple adapter has to be machined.

The rear are a bit tricky as you have to modify the rear calliper slightley on the machine in order to have perfect aligment of the pads to the discs.

Here are photos from 2 sets being made to fir the E46 M3.

Photos are from my local company Milletech that build awsome exhaust systems for some top cars.
Jump to top dothraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-30-2017, 10:56:21 PM   #40
mrgicm

Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothraki View Post
Is Milletech selling the brake adapters?
I can get them for you if you are interested as I have mine now and no further measurments are needed, that is only if used with OEM M4 front and rear discs.

As I said the rear calliper has to be modified a bit, which is straight forward, i can take some picture this week and share it with you.