BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Thu, Jan-11-2018, 09:08:18 PM   #211
benzthis

United States

Default Re: My custom exhaust journy begins

Right it is in sec1.Will it connect with this proposed sec2?
Old Thu, Jan-11-2018, 09:35:19 PM   #212
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzthis View Post
Right it is in sec1.Will it connect with this proposed sec2?
At this point in time, I am not sure to be honest. I would think that it would though, considering all Supersprint's current 3in X-Pipe Section 2 fits both the standard section 1 size and the oversized V1 section 1 pipe size. That being said, I'm not too sure that there would be much benefit in adding dual 2.5inch section 2 piping, if upstream from it (the headers and section 1) have a smaller than 2.5in outer diameter. The purpose of this section 2 is so that you have a true 2.5inch exhaust system, from header to muffler (so there are no bottle necks). If your section 1 is smaller than 2.5in (ie: Euro section 1) then you would not have a true 2.5inch exhaust system, and would still have bottle neck restrictions in your exhaust system that would limit the potential gains that these would otherwise allow (unless I am mistaken).

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jan-11-2018, 09:47:39 PM   #213
benzthis

United States

good explanation!I do need the cats to stay legal so there not going anywhere.i guess I'll see how this plays out.thanks.
Old Thu, Jan-11-2018, 10:16:28 PM   #214
Mr. Black
Registered Drug User

Canada

As far as I know, Magnaflow does have a 2.5 inch section 1/2. But it would require some modification to accomodate a full section 2
Jump to top Mr. Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jan-12-2018, 02:56:55 PM   #215
WuBai
Five Spiced and Lovin' It

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
At this point in time, I am not sure to be honest. I would think that it would though, considering all Supersprint's current 3in X-Pipe Section 2 fits both the standard section 1 size and the oversized V1 section 1 pipe size. That being said, I'm not too sure that there would be much benefit in adding dual 2.5inch section 2 piping, if upstream from it (the headers and section 1) have a smaller than 2.5in outer diameter. The purpose of this section 2 is so that you have a true 2.5inch exhaust system, from header to muffler (so there are no bottle necks). If your section 1 is smaller than 2.5in (ie: Euro section 1) then you would not have a true 2.5inch exhaust system, and would still have bottle neck restrictions in your exhaust system that would limit the potential gains that these would otherwise allow (unless I am mistaken).
So this essentially sounds like a full 2.5" version of the Tubi Section 2, correct? The Tubi has an X crossover where the H pipe is currently on the OEM section 2, and it has two small resonators and is a dual pipe setup. Not sure about the OD on the Tubi though. Feedback after searching for this rare setup is that the Tubi muffler only sounds good with the Tubi section 2. I'm thinking the Tubi section 2 would do wonders for a Dinan or Scorza setup.
Jump to top WuBai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jan-12-2018, 08:59:51 PM   #216
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuBai View Post
So this essentially sounds like a full 2.5" version of the Tubi Section 2, correct? The Tubi has an X crossover where the H pipe is currently on the OEM section 2, and it has two small resonators and is a dual pipe setup. Not sure about the OD on the Tubi though. Feedback after searching for this rare setup is that the Tubi muffler only sounds good with the Tubi section 2. I'm thinking the Tubi section 2 would do wonders for a Dinan or Scorza setup.
No experience with the Tubi Section 2, but it does sound exactly like that I am talking about. Tubi is rare, as you know. I do know a local friend with a Tubi muffler on his E46 M3, is sounds great without the section 2, that I can assure you of. Also I have yet to hear it produce any drone (even with catless headers).

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote