BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, May-19-2017, 07:27:20 AM   #31
e46IX

Canada

Default Re: Buildjournal B-Spec Tune Review

Just flashed my car, this is my first tune on my M3 and I couldn't be happier. Turnaround time was less than 1 day. Thoughts:

-Great website with detailed info and step-by-step instructions. I contacted them on IG and they were able to answer my questions in detail. The B-Spec tune is perfect for a beginner, the process was extremely smooth.

-I felt some gains after installing the euro headers, but this tune definitely brought that mod to full potential. From mid-range to redline it just pulls hard and feels like it wants to keep going.

-I was pleasantly surprised to see the 6MT shift lights work on my '01. I thought it would only work on 03+ clusters. Still need to try to the new sport mode.

-Backfire sounds dope, and is controllable.. shouldn't happen randomly. You have to let off the throttle after punching it, like around 4k. Rest of the exhaust sounds normal. This is good for me as I'm not trying to catch extra heat from cops.

My engine light is finally gone! No more error codes for deleting my SAP and secondary o2 sensors. If I pass e-test (just obd plug-in) I'm laughing. Just need to make sure the monitors show as ready or not applicable.

Overall... B-Spec Tune is bless. Major props to the guys for bringing this great affordable tuning option to the market.
Jump to top e46IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, May-19-2017, 06:32:40 PM   #32
tr4ck_m3
Buildjournal

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46IX View Post
Just flashed my car, this is my first tune on my M3 and I couldn't be happier. Turnaround time was less than 1 day. Thoughts:

-Great website with detailed info and step-by-step instructions. I contacted them on IG and they were able to answer my questions in detail. The B-Spec tune is perfect for a beginner, the process was extremely smooth.

-I felt some gains after installing the euro headers, but this tune definitely brought that mod to full potential. From mid-range to redline it just pulls hard and feels like it wants to keep going.

-I was pleasantly surprised to see the 6MT shift lights work on my '01. I thought it would only work on 03+ clusters. Still need to try to the new sport mode.

-Backfire sounds dope, and is controllable.. shouldn't happen randomly. You have to let off the throttle after punching it, like around 4k. Rest of the exhaust sounds normal. This is good for me as I'm not trying to catch extra heat from cops.

My engine light is finally gone! No more error codes for deleting my SAP and secondary o2 sensors. If I pass e-test (just obd plug-in) I'm laughing. Just need to make sure the monitors show as ready or not applicable.

Overall... B-Spec Tune is bless. Major props to the guys for bringing this great affordable tuning option to the market.
Thanks for the review! Glad you like it.

2002 BMW TiAg/Imola E46 ///M3 6MT | BuildJournal Tune + AFD Flexfuel E70 315whp / 242wtq
2013 BMW Sapphire Black/Black F30 335i ///M Sport 8AT | BM3 E30 Stg 2 Tune 367whp/457wtq
Jump to top tr4ck_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-09-2017, 11:42:25 PM   #33
funkyflynz

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4ck_m3 View Post
Thanks for the review! Appreciate it.

Our delta gains are about/ depending on supporting mods (pulley, headers, intake, exhaust, etc):
~+30whp
~+15wtq

stock: 270 whp /229 wtq
BSpec Tune + header: 297.23 whp / 242.62 wtq

We are scheduling a dyno day at EAS soon to give out updated dyno charts for catted and catless applications.

We'll also be at bimmerfest as well in California if you guys want to talk to us.
Any sign of the dyno sheets regarding this tune? seems to have gone very quite on this front. Im keen to get the tune, but want to see some proof of the tunes increase in power. Ive PM'd tr4ck_m3 but no response yet :-(
Jump to top funkyflynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-18-2017, 08:40:56 AM   #34
tr4ck_m3
Buildjournal

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyflynz View Post
Any sign of the dyno sheets regarding this tune? seems to have gone very quite on this front. Im keen to get the tune, but want to see some proof of the tunes increase in power. Ive PM'd tr4ck_m3 but no response yet :-(
https://thebuildjournal.com/news/b-s...esults-e46-m3/

Sorry for the long wait. I rarely visit m3forum nowadays

2002 BMW TiAg/Imola E46 ///M3 6MT | BuildJournal Tune + AFD Flexfuel E70 315whp / 242wtq
2013 BMW Sapphire Black/Black F30 335i ///M Sport 8AT | BM3 E30 Stg 2 Tune 367whp/457wtq
Jump to top tr4ck_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jan-09-2018, 07:49:34 PM   #35
krakenM3

In the garage:

United States

How does this tune effect a basically stock car with Turner pulleys and an intake boot. Can I expect any gains?
Jump to top krakenM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jan-11-2018, 12:50:32 AM   #36
mTech9

In the garage:

New Zealand

If I have a tune, can I 'save it' then try this tune, and easily revert if I want to? It will cont towards the flash limit I assume?
Jump to top mTech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jan-11-2018, 04:04:22 AM   #37
alexjames23

In the garage:

United States

I tuned my '02 M3 with this tune a few weeks ago, and can agree with everything said previously..

Customer service was the first thing I noticed, and I immediately got the feeling that they will do anything they can to help me. There were a few options that they recommended for my particular setup, so they contacted me and told me why they recommended them, answering any questions I had. They sent my tune over in only a few hours after the order, and I obviously rushed to go flash it. Having already had the burble tune, that was nothing new (Burble is awesome though, gives it much more aggression). But then, I punched it. Immediately, I felt power in the low end that I've never felt before. I thought it would end there, and mid-high end would feel exactly the same - but no, it kept pulling and pulling. My butt dyno definitely felt some serious gains. The car feels like a different animal now, and puts the same smile on my face that I had when I first drove this car.

To summarize: Great customer service, very easy to install remotely, serious gains, great customization options, all for a very fair price. Props to the guys at Buildjournal! Quality mod all around.

Now.. I wonder if I can get a reflash now that the launch control feature came out

2002 M3 Cabrio / Steel Gray / Cinnamon / 6MT / VMR V703s / MR Strut Bar / Manzo Headers / MR Muffler / Autopower Rollbar / B-Spec Tune / Turner Pulleys / GC Street School / Bav SS Brake Lines / CDV delete / Alpine SPS-410s / Pioneer TS-A1306C / Sony XMN1004 / Stubby antenna / iSimple BT
Jump to top alexjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jan-12-2018, 04:50:06 PM   #38
conniem3

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by krakenM3 View Post
How does this tune effect a basically stock car with Turner pulleys and an intake boot. Can I expect any gains?
Expect stock cars to gain about 5-15 whp/wtq delta gains with the B-Spec Tune. With your pulley + intake, you should be getting a little more on top of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTech9 View Post
If I have a tune, can I 'save it' then try this tune, and easily revert if I want to? It will cont towards the flash limit I assume?
Yes, you can easily revert back to your original tune whenever you want. Some tuners lock their tunes though so you would need to check if yours is. And yes you are correct, each flash counts towards your flash counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjames23 View Post
I tuned my '02 M3 with this tune a few weeks ago, and can agree with everything said previously..

Customer service was the first thing I noticed, and I immediately got the feeling that they will do anything they can to help me. There were a few options that they recommended for my particular setup, so they contacted me and told me why they recommended them, answering any questions I had. They sent my tune over in only a few hours after the order, and I obviously rushed to go flash it. Having already had the burble tune, that was nothing new (Burble is awesome though, gives it much more aggression). But then, I punched it. Immediately, I felt power in the low end that I've never felt before. I thought it would end there, and mid-high end would feel exactly the same - but no, it kept pulling and pulling. My butt dyno definitely felt some serious gains. The car feels like a different animal now, and puts the same smile on my face that I had when I first drove this car.

To summarize: Great customer service, very easy to install remotely, serious gains, great customization options, all for a very fair price. Props to the guys at Buildjournal! Quality mod all around.

Now.. I wonder if I can get a reflash now that the launch control feature came out
Thanks for the review

2001 BMW IR E46 M3 6MT + Buildjournal B-Spec Tune
Build Thread / Album
IG: connie.m3

Last edited by conniem3; Fri, Jan-12-2018 at 08:43:31 PM.
Jump to top conniem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jan-12-2018, 06:48:20 PM   #39
BigRussia

United States

Im interested in getting a new tune as my catless car came with AA tune and it runs so rich that i get light headed and a sore throat on long drives with the windows down. I gave it a tune-up (new plugs, coils, cleaned MAF) and still stinks like no other car I've owned, so I'm assuming its the tune?

I've been wanting a burble tune, how badly does it affect the O2 sensors? My cars not a daily but I plan on tracking it.
Does it burble between shifts on a manual car?
Do they offer shift lights? Its one of the things I like about the AA tune - *edit* saw on their site its an option

My car is FBO (intake, pulleys, catless headers, section 2 and 3 exhaust)

Thanks!

ig:machinespirit_m3

2004 E46 M3 6MT CB/Cinn - Current
2004 Acura TL 6MT - Daily
- Previous
2011 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT
2009 E82 135i 6MT

Last edited by BigRussia; Fri, Jan-12-2018 at 06:52:56 PM.
Jump to top BigRussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-08-2018, 01:00:09 AM   #40
Syfon

Australia

Flashed my 2004 M3 with the Build Journal B-Spec tune a week ago. I was already running catless, so gains will be less than suggested, HOWEVER, my butt dyno definitely feels the gains. The car pulls a lot harder in the midrange, and she keeps pulling all the way to redline. Before the tune, it felt like she was running out of puff as she approached the redline, now she just keeps pulling.

Customer service is absolutely fantastic; I purchased the tune circa midnight local time, and 10 hours later I received an email with the tune. Flashed and viola, done!

Love this product by the Build Journal.

Have recommended this to everyone I know with an E46 M3
Jump to top Syfon is offline   Reply With Quote