BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Cars for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Cars for Sale/Wanted Place to list your private cars for sale. ONLY BMW's.

Old Thu, Oct-11-2018, 07:11:52 AM   #1
twentyseven
@itsmejonnyv

United States

Default 2006 BMW M3 coupe / Jet Black / Black / SMG / 48,691 mi

Pairing down my current collection of (four!) M3's so I'm sadly letting the cleanest one go first as it needs absolutely nothing. My father and I bought this together and I spent months making it perfect while he was battling cancer. The idea was to keep this as a collector's car but space is at a premium, and now that he has since been declared in remission we are going to build some other project cars he has always wanted to do.

As a CCA member for almost 20 years, i've owned 14 BMW's. 11 have been M3's, and this is my sixth E46. It is bone stock, completely original, and a true "survivor". This is one of the nicest examples i've ever had the pleasure of owning and that says alot for anyone who knows how meticulous I am. This car was not owned by a kid or modified by one either.

This is not your average E46 M3. It is truly stunning in person, and i'd put it up against anything EAG or BaT has to offer. The color combination is timeless, and while i'd avoid saying it is rare, almost 3x as many Carbon Black cars were produced which makes Jet Black simply much tougher to find. The black leather interior is in fantastic condition, with the drivers' seat showing normal wear consistent with it's mileage. The leather is a dull matte finish, yet soft & supple. No cheap greasy detailing products were ever used and great care was taken to make sure all surfaces continue to look as close to showroom condition as possible. Door panels and rear seats are absolutely pristine, as is the dashboard and console. Headliner has no sagging, nor do A/B/C pillars. The sunroof panel only has a slight run in the fabric from normal opening & closing. All electronic features and controls/switches operate perfectly. Rear view mirror leak was just replaced by RadarMirror and comes with a 1yr warranty. No warning lights present (and they all function; no bulbs removed!). No dead pixels anywhere. All body panels are original and the car has not been in any accidents. I just had the front bumper and hood resprayed and a scratch on the passenger door touched up by a well-respected local body shop to remedy normal pitting & rock chips, and the color/orange peel match came out excellent. Have the receipt for this which shows it was purely cosmetic, not due to any damage. Fenders and mirrors did not have enough to warrant respraying. There are no door dings anywhere on this car, and there are only two flaws on the body: the first being a small chip on the rear bumper that was touched up, and the second being a row of small spots towards the back of the passenger side of the roof - both being highlighted in photos. I just did a 20+ hour paint correction and detail from top to bottom for the next owner who will surely appreciate how hard this car shines. Most recent oil change was on 11/11/17 at 45k mi and the brakes still have approx. 40-50% wear remaining. Wheels are all but perfect, the front right has a small 3" section of mild rash which is annoted in the pics. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports and have measured 9/32 (90%) tread remaining on the fronts and 8/32(80%) on the rears. Wheel Roundels are brand new (later metal style). Vanos is still original and the rear subframe/rtab pockets have no cracks which the video below shows. Engine is very smooth and pulls hard all the way to redline. Car tracks straight with no rattles or squeaks anywhere, and the suspension rides/handles as a tight M3 should. It is truly ready for a x-country drive anywhere.

This M3 is currently stored in a climate controlled warehouse in Ft Lauderdale, FL. PPI's are welcomed within reasonable distance and I also have some auto shippers I can recommend/assist with. The car is scheduled to have its airbag recall completed this Friday so the new owner does not have to worry. It has a clean CarFax which you can see. For some reason it says six owners but it was four, so i'm guessing it either shows owners moving or dealers transferring the title, which is clean and has no liens anymore. I almost gave in to peer pressure and did a 6MT swap on this car but most people suggested I should just let the buyer decide what to do. Should you choose to, it would cost literally nothing out of pocket given what low mileage SMG components are worth. But I suggest getting to know SMG because it's fun and this one shifts just as well as my '04 with the CSL flash. Car comes with two sets of keys, all manuals, and original window sticker. Accessories include OEM wheel locks, M3 trunk mat, and brand new M3 floor mat set.

$29,900
Serious inquiries please respond here or PM me for my number. If there are any questions I haven't answered, feel free to ask.

Build date: January 24, 2006
Exterior Color: Schwarz II (Jet Black 668)
Interior Color: Black Nappa (N5SW)
Dash Trim: Brushed Aluminum
Transmission: SMG with DriveLogic
Premium Package (Moonroof, Power Memory Seats, Lumbar Support, BMW ASSIST)
Cold Weather Package (Heated Seats, Headlight Washers, Ski Bag)
Polished forged 19" wheels
Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi
Bixenon Headlights

Factory Options Decode:
S210A Dynamic stability control
S249A Multifunction f steering wheel
S354A Green windscreen, green shade band S403A Glass roof, electrical
S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S441A Smoker package
S459A Seat adjuster, electric, with memory S464A Ski bag
S473A Armrest front
S490A Adjuster, backrest width
S494A Seat heating driver/passenger
S502A Headlight cleaning system
S508A Park Distance Control (PDC)
S520A Fog lights
S521A Rain sensor
S522A Xenon Light
S534A Automatic air conditioning
S550A On-board computer
S639A Preparation f mobile phone cpl. USA/CDN S645A BMW US Radio
S650A CD player
S661A Radio BMW Business (C43)
S674A Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon
S692A Preparation, BMW 6-CD changer I-bus S710A M leather steering wheel
S737A Interior mouldings, Alu Shadow, brushed S775A Headlining anthracite
S785A White direction indicator lights
S792A BMW LA wheel M 19" forged
S793A Sequential M transmission Drivelogic S818A Battery master switch
S845A Acoustic belt warning
S853A Language version English
S876A Radio frequency 315 MHz
S8SPA Control unit COP
S925A Dummy-SALAPA
S946A Dummy-SALAPA
S992A Control of number-plate attachment S9AAA Outer skin protection

All of the following pics/videos were taken this month to create the FS listing. I used three different cameras (modern Nikon SLR, old Canon SLR, and iPhone X) in a variety of lighting (low light, direct sunlight, and indoors) to try and accurately capture condition.

Link to Flikr album with all 120 photos.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/50459869@N07/qA5kE3

Start & Drive

Undercarriage View

Rear Subframe

Thanks for looking!

'04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///M3 SMG coupe
V-CSL, BBS CH, Öhlins R&T, Supersprint, Brembo GT, custom Z4M seats, AVIN, G5R projector swap

'06 Jet Black + Black ///M3 SMG coupe
100% Stock. 48k mi ***FOR SALE***

'06 Alpine White + Cinnamon ///M3 ZCP 6MT coupe
Built motor by ACE performance, VF Stage 3, (610whp@16psi), KW V3

Last edited by twentyseven; Thu, Nov-01-2018 at 09:52:59 PM.
Rate Seller View Rating
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Oct-11-2018, 04:09:01 PM   #2
2manym3s
ballin

United States

Default Re: 2006 BMW M3 coupe / Jet Black / Black / SMG / 48,691 mi

Bump for a great contributor to the forum and a true enthusiast owner, whoever buys this car will be buying from the best. GLWS Jon
Jump to top 2manym3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-11-2018, 08:27:53 PM   #3
Braymond141

United States

Beautiful car, Jon!
Jump to top Braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 02:24:19 AM   #4
MJTSUB

Looks great GLWS!
Jump to top MJTSUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 02:34:30 AM   #5
EricSMG
40 something

United States

dream car

'04 SG/Black 6MT || '04 JB/IR SMG
Jump to top EricSMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-12-2018, 09:33:04 AM   #6
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Beautiful! JB FTW

GLWS
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-18-2018, 12:53:21 AM   #7
twentyseven
@itsmejonnyv

United States

Thanks for the kind words gents! Hoping this will go to a good home

V-CSL, BBS CH, Öhlins R&T, Supersprint, Brembo GT, custom Z4M seats, AVIN, G5R projector swap

Jump to top twentyseven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-22-2018, 06:07:00 PM   #8
twentyseven
@itsmejonnyv

United States

Bump with price drop!

Old Mon, Oct-22-2018, 11:50:49 PM   #9
kermmmit7

Poland

I had same color, same mileage car just 2003 year. 4 months on the market for 20 K Sold for 18 K ... reality of SMG cars.....
Jump to top kermmmit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-23-2018, 07:19:32 PM   #10
twentyseven
@itsmejonnyv

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermmmit7 View Post
I had same color, same mileage car just 2003 year. 4 months on the market for 20 K Sold for 18 K ... reality of SMG cars.....
Appreciate the feedback, but considering the increase in E46 values this year and yours was a pre-LCI car that is 3 years older, plus the fact you sold yours in the dead of winter in Chicago... my car is in a different price bracket. SMG cars still sell.

Hagerty's has Excellent to Concours between $40,900-59,600 with -15% for SMG. Certainly sounds high if you ask anyone on a forum, but my $30,500 asking is below $34,765. The usual valuations (KBB, Edmunds, etc) are not even accurate with current market prices as anyone here will agree.

Last edited by twentyseven; Tue, Oct-23-2018 at 07:23:39 PM.