BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Apr-26-2010, 09:21:41 PM   #11
kevinzz

Canada

It does look like a night blue. Night blue can seem black/purple/blue depend on the lighting.
Congrats on the M!
Let the modding begins
2003 SMG Individual NightBlue, beige individual leather, AC handbrake lever, AC pedals, AC front lip, CSL trunk lid, CSL carbon fiber rear diffuser, black kidney grills, black side gills, HID fog, CSL rims, megan racing coilovers, front camber plates, AC tower bar, SS header, SuperSprint race x pipe, Borla muffler, Full carbon fiber intake (same as gruppe M), AA software, Powerflex FCAB, RTABs, RE RSM, Stoptech Stage 2 brake kit, TMS Rear Camber Arms
Jump to top kevinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Apr-26-2010, 09:45:03 PM   #12
zemperaye
zemperaye

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamanDS View Post
Is this better pic?
http://www.xymara.com/evt-reviews-ge...3cabriolet.jpg

Alright, so I should always get the most out of each gear by going near redline. Thanks!
If you are redlining 4th, or even 3rd on the streets, I would imagine there are no cops or other cars on the road. please be safe.
Jump to top zemperaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-27-2010, 02:55:02 AM   #13
MegamanDS
Haters keep hatin

In the garage:

Armenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s View Post
If you want to know for sure what color it is, open the hood and look at the plate riveted to the driver's side strut tower.

http://www.madrussian.net/m3/paintcodes.shtml

Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy!
I'm guessing it is carbon black?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...3/P1040315.jpg

Still love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemperaye View Post
If you are redlining 4th, or even 3rd on the streets, I would imagine there are no cops or other cars on the road. please be safe.
No of course not, maybe just 1st and 2nd at the most. I'm not crazy, just havin fun against people who cut me off or little corollas and civics

EDIT: updated first post with pics

Last edited by MegamanDS; Tue, Apr-27-2010 at 03:06:09 AM.
Jump to top MegamanDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-27-2010, 03:06:55 AM   #14
intelone

Cambodia

You got 1/4 the number of keys that came with the car. You're missing a master, valet, and little plastic one. All of which can open your car, and drive it off. I would be worry about the fact that they exist somewhere.

The cheapest replacement would be the plastic key without the FOB.

Jump to top intelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-27-2010, 03:11:34 AM   #15
E46M3forRay
moshi moshi

United States

I believe there's a color stamp under the hood. It's on the right shock tower if you're looking directly under the hood.
SOLD - Sun Fusion FJ Cruiser
SOLD - Mystic Blue E46 M3 Vert
SOLD - Carbonschwarz DINAN E39 M5
SOLD - Audi B5 S4 bi-turbo
SOLD - Mitsubishi Evo VIII turbo
SOLD - Acura Integra DB8-GSR turbo

Jump to top E46M3forRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-27-2010, 03:39:19 PM   #16
roobe16
Certified Naysayer

Antarctica

Quote:
Yes your car is carbon black. It's a great color, PITA to keep clean and swirl free though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelone View Post
You got 1/4 the number of keys that came with the car. You're missing a master, valet, and little plastic one. All of which can open your car, and drive it off. I would be worry about the fact that they exist somewhere.

The cheapest replacement would be the plastic key without the FOB.
Actually, he has 1/3 of the original keys. From the dealership everyone got two master keys and one replacement/plastic/valet key. Owner's manual, page 28.
Old Tue, Apr-27-2010, 04:04:31 PM   #17
maveric23

In the garage:

United States

Lightbulb

Quote:
Yeah, if it were "Midnight Blue" I believe that it would say "Nachtblau Metallic". Beautiful car, congrats!
Jump to top maveric23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-28-2010, 02:36:10 AM   #18
FishingCrue

United States

When you get a chance, you might want to clean/degrease your engine compartment. Heat up your car till the engine is warm to the touch (but not hot) then spray it with simple green or some other household degreaser. Let it sit a minute or two and then spray it off with a hose. Don't spray it with a pressure washer or anything, but don't worry too much about getting it wet, it's a car -- it's meant to get wet.

I love the color (same as my vert) but it is hard to keep swirl free. Take it to a big box parking lot (target, walmart, best buy etc) and marvel at it under their parking lot lights, still gives me goosebumps. Welcome to the forum, if you have a question about your car, chances are someone here has already had the same question, found an answer and posted a DIY to fix it!
Jump to top FishingCrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-28-2010, 02:53:33 AM   #19
MNorris

United States

Your car is carbon black - "Carbon Schwarz" on the strut tower? The E93 you show is Jerez black - different car, different color. Enjoy the new ride.
Old Wed, Apr-28-2010, 03:03:05 AM   #20
MegamanDS
Haters keep hatin

In the garage:

Armenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobe16 View Post
Yes your car is carbon black. It's a great color, PITA to keep clean and swirl free though.

Actually, he has 1/3 of the original keys. From the dealership everyone got two master keys and one replacement/plastic/valet key. Owner's manual, page 28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingCrue View Post
When you get a chance, you might want to clean/degrease your engine compartment. Heat up your car till the engine is warm to the touch (but not hot) then spray it with simple green or some other household degreaser. Let it sit a minute or two and then spray it off with a hose. Don't spray it with a pressure washer or anything, but don't worry too much about getting it wet, it's a car -- it's meant to get wet.

I love the color (same as my vert) but it is hard to keep swirl free. Take it to a big box parking lot (target, walmart, best buy etc) and marvel at it under their parking lot lights, still gives me goosebumps. Welcome to the forum, if you have a question about your car, chances are someone here has already had the same question, found an answer and posted a DIY to fix it!
will do!

BTW, this is my first dark colored car, what do you guys mean by swirl? I thought black would be easier to keep clean because you can't see as much dirt as white. I owned a silver and a light green car before so this is my first black car. I love the color BTW.

2005 SMG, Carbon Black Metallic with black interior, Cold Weather Package, Sports Package, Premium Sound, Navigation, 19" Rims, Bone Stock!
Jump to top MegamanDS is offline   Reply With Quote