BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic > Photography
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Photography Discuss the art of Photography here.

Old Tue, May-27-2014, 05:04:20 AM   #11
aryan_m3
Instagram @E46_Nation

In the garage:

Armenia

Default Re: Snapshot Of The Day (1 post per day/no cell phone images)

2002 BMW Sparkling Graphite Metallic E46 ///M3 6MT

Instagram : @Aryan_M3
Jump to top aryan_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Jul-01-2014, 07:44:01 AM   #12
PRYDEREI

United States

First shot of the zr1 with my new Nikon in a neighbors driveway. Still using the kit lens Will be buying a better one soon.
Jump to top PRYDEREI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-01-2014, 08:29:44 AM   #13
aryan_m3
Instagram @E46_Nation

In the garage:

Armenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRYDEREI View Post
First shot of the zr1 with my new Nikon in a neighbors driveway. Still using the kit lens Will be buying a better one soon.
nice!!

2002 BMW Sparkling Graphite Metallic E46 ///M3 6MT

Instagram : @Aryan_M3
Jump to top aryan_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-14-2014, 05:23:54 PM   #14
PRYDEREI

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryan_m3 View Post
nice!!
Gonna turn this into my vette pic page lol.. I take lots of pics but here's another I liked from the bunch I took few days ago.

Old Mon, Jul-14-2014, 06:23:26 PM   #15
DOCTOR 3VIL

Armenia

^ I love those color selective shots. I like how you turned the car slightly turned the car and took the picture from the left side. Dead on car shots are not as appealing as the one above. Next time try using the "A" setting on the camera and set it to f4. This way you can get the back to blur out which focuses the viewers eye on the subject better (the car in this case). Try cutting out the road in the front of car and showing the road behind it. Composition of the picture, in my opinion, is one of the most important part of the image. Also think about using a tripod, even during the day. The smallest movement can introduce blur into the picture.

02 E46 M3 Jet Black
11 E92 M3 Le Mans Blue
Jump to top DOCTOR 3VIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-15-2014, 03:59:19 AM   #16
PRYDEREI

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCTOR 3VIL View Post
^ I love those color selective shots. I like how you turned the car slightly turned the car and took the picture from the left side. Dead on car shots are not as appealing as the one above. Next time try using the "A" setting on the camera and set it to f4. This way you can get the back to blur out which focuses the viewers eye on the subject better (the car in this case). Try cutting out the road in the front of car and showing the road behind it. Composition of the picture, in my opinion, is one of the most important part of the image. Also think about using a tripod, even during the day. The smallest movement can introduce blur into the picture.

Appreciate the input ! I've been using aperture mode all the time. Because I didn't have a tripod and just went out for gas I usually zoom out all the way and just move closer and increase the f to what some reviews I read said the lens was sharpest at. My last camera I used the 50mm 1.8 a lot and had issues with getting some parts of the car blurry so I've been tending to use a higher f stop to prevent that. I hear you on the composition.. It's something I feel is most important and not something you can just buy after watching a YouTube review (lol). In this case I was on someone's driveway.. And the trees and bushes were in appealing so I took the color out. The sky was overcast as well so I couldn't get any blue in there so I said he'll with everything except the car

I'm just starting to play with aperture all my previous photos I never even remembered to set to raw and I used to edit with iPhoto :o .. Here's one I tried to focus on the bow tie that I liked

Old Tue, Jul-15-2014, 04:47:15 AM   #17
DOCTOR 3VIL

Armenia

Nice. That's probably at f1.8 or 2.0
I don't use that low of an f stop too often unless I want to blur out pretty much everything else and concentrate on a small focus point. F4 or f5 seems to give me a good medium. I'm certainly no expert, I'm just sharing what seems to work for me. Carry on!!

02 E46 M3 Jet Black
11 E92 M3 Le Mans Blue
Old Tue, Jul-15-2014, 05:42:09 AM   #18
PRYDEREI

United States

Quote:
Nice. That's probably at f1.8 or 2.0
I don't use that low of an f stop too often unless I want to blur out pretty much everything else and concentrate on a small focus point. F4 or f5 seems to give me a good medium. I'm certainly no expert, I'm just sharing what seems to work for me. Carry on!!
Im fairly positive youre' far more experienced than I am I dont shoot nearly enough to be honest. I had a canon xti and got familiar with most of the settings to get the end result i wanted fairly quick but im almost lost with this Nikon so far. I still have to figure out how to lock the focus and set it to a single point ( I suck with photography terminology forgive me).. and even forgot to even set the white balance when I went out last week for a cruise with the local guys.
I hope Aryan doesnt mind me posting another.. promise I'll stop but I couldnt help but post this.. based on your suggestions in your first reply its along those lines. The pic I posted though is an angle I really like and shooting that angle doesnt work for getting more road.. I do love this guys driveway LOL (Im about 50 feet from the main road.. and the house is about 200 or so feet after the bend in the distance.. baller!) ..
Old Tue, Jul-15-2014, 06:57:51 AM   #19
DOCTOR 3VIL

Armenia

Wow what a baller!!
That's a better shot overall, try composing the car a little more to the lower left of the frame next time and see how you like that.

02 E46 M3 Jet Black
11 E92 M3 Le Mans Blue
Old Thu, Jul-17-2014, 05:08:01 PM   #20
PRYDEREI

United States

Quote:
Wow what a baller!!
That's a better shot overall, try composing the car a little more to the lower left of the frame next time and see how you like that.
Definitely going to keep that in mind.. Usually so focused on what angles of the car i like I keep putting them down right in the middle big car meet tonight will take te passat and camera and try and get some pics.