BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, May-15-2019, 07:19:50 PM   #21
kokgo20

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Who can convert my HP DME to stock CSL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
If you have an mss54hp, you can flash a modified version of the CSL software that will run without hardware modification.
Is there any benefits of doing that over the modified DME in boosted application with a map sensor?

Build thread---------- INSTAGRAM ------------Now offering custom digital gauges
2004 SMG PY/BLK - 600 TCKline - CPI Headers & resonated Sec1- Stoptech BBK 6 pod front & 4 pod rear with steel lines - 75mm Studs conversion - SDW monoball RTABs - AKG subframe bushings - Multi color AEs - FR-X 3.0 Projectors - Smoked Side markers - Euro bumper - V1 with hard wire & Stealth one - M Track Mod - ZCP steering rack - Dual LI - CSL Style diffuser - SCZA Exhaust - E9x Door handle LED retrofit - SCZA CSL bootlid - VEI systems custom air vent A/F & boost gauge - VEI custom air vent Water temp & oil pressure guage- Active Prima plus + TTFS tune - Mishimoto Radiator & Oil cooler - H&R front Sway - UUC camber arms - keyless & push to start system - clear bra - interiors red stitching contrast - Apex PS7s - 16" Spal fan
Jump to top kokgo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 07:57:05 PM   #22
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokgo20 View Post
Is there any benefits of doing that over the modified DME in boosted application with a map sensor?
The benefit is you donít have to do any hardware mods. The software is the same, except for a couple identification strings.
Jump to top terraphantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 08:23:10 PM   #23
erickrayos

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
The benefit is you donít have to do any hardware mods. The software is the same, except for a couple identification strings.
where can we find this modified CSL file to run it the way you are saying, no flap just MAP sensor added.
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 09:20:46 PM   #24
kokgo20

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickrayos View Post
where can we find this modified CSL file to run it the way you are saying, no flap just MAP sensor added.
+1.
Is there any software benefits over the US file?
Will that modified CSL work with a MAP sensor?
What r the pros and cons of this modified CSL file?

Build thread---------- INSTAGRAM ------------Now offering custom digital gauges
2004 SMG PY/BLK - 600 TCKline - CPI Headers & resonated Sec1- Stoptech BBK 6 pod front & 4 pod rear with steel lines - 75mm Studs conversion - SDW monoball RTABs - AKG subframe bushings - Multi color AEs - FR-X 3.0 Projectors - Smoked Side markers - Euro bumper - V1 with hard wire & Stealth one - M Track Mod - ZCP steering rack - Dual LI - CSL Style diffuser - SCZA Exhaust - E9x Door handle LED retrofit - SCZA CSL bootlid - VEI systems custom air vent A/F & boost gauge - VEI custom air vent Water temp & oil pressure guage- Active Prima plus + TTFS tune - Mishimoto Radiator & Oil cooler - H&R front Sway - UUC camber arms - keyless & push to start system - clear bra - interiors red stitching contrast - Apex PS7s - 16" Spal fan
Jump to top kokgo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, May-16-2019, 12:49:56 AM   #25
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickrayos View Post
Quote:
+1.
Free/cheap way is to use WinKFP. Slower, but should work. Download the attached file. Remove the ".pdf" extension (so all that should be left is .zip) and extract the contents.

Then follow NZ_M3's instructions here (except use the 0da/0pa from the attached archive): http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...6&postcount=57

Faster way is to use MSSFlasher to flash the bin in the same archive (flash the program, and then flash the tune using that same full binary file).

I took the liberty to enable the can-bus alternator light and cruise control in the included tune. Otherwise it's completely stock CSL. You can make whatever modifications you want after the fact (though keep your flash counter in mind if not using MSSFlasher).

Quote:
Is there any software benefits over the US file?
Will that modified CSL work with a MAP sensor?
What r the pros and cons of this modified CSL file?
It is the CSL software, full stop. That means it has the same "benefits" over the US file and that it is compatible with a MAP sensor.

Again, the benefit over a "real" CSL flash is that you don't have to do any hardware modifications to get it to work with your standard DME. And by that same token, you can more easily revert to stock software. The only negative I can really think of is that it you can't flash unmodified CSL software without modifying those few bytes yourself.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSLforNonCSLBoot.zip.pdf (491.4 KB, 4 views)
Old Thu, May-16-2019, 02:01:21 AM   #26
erickrayos

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Free/cheap way is to use WinKFP. Slower, but should work. Download the attached file. Remove the ".pdf" extension (so all that should be left is .zip) and extract the contents.

Then follow NZ_M3's instructions here (except use the 0da/0pa from the attached archive): http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...6&postcount=57

Faster way is to use MSSFlasher to flash the bin in the same archive (flash the program, and then flash the tune using that same full binary file).

I took the liberty to enable the can-bus alternator light and cruise control in the included tune. Otherwise it's completely stock CSL. You can make whatever modifications you want after the fact (though keep your flash counter in mind if not using MSSFlasher).

It is the CSL software, full stop. That means it has the same "benefits" over the US file and that it is compatible with a MAP sensor.

Again, the benefit over a "real" CSL flash is that you don't have to do any hardware modifications to get it to work with your standard DME. And by that same token, you can more easily revert to stock software. The only negative I can really think of is that it you can't flash unmodified CSL software without modifying those few bytes yourself.

So this .bin basically is the CSL .bin w/ the flap option off? and it is adjusted to run w/ the OEM camshaft instead of the CSL camshafts?

Guessing if we wanna match the vin number w/ in the .bin we gotta do that ourselves since it won't connect to a smog computer if the vin don't match.

Easy way to go around I guess before smog, just re-flash to an alpha-N .bin based on your stock .bin file, do the smog then reflash to the modified csl file using mssflasher and reset the flash counter every time?

Sorry got so many questions popping up.

And for the future since I wanna get this custom tuned, tuners can just modify this .bin instead right?
Old Thu, May-16-2019, 02:10:03 AM   #27
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

No. I didn't touch the tune at all beyond what I mentioned. It's a CSL binary made to work with a non-CSL bootloader, nothing more, nothing less. It's still coded as SMG. It's still coded for CSL cams. It's still going to look for a flap. A flap obviously won't work unless you add the H-bridge and associated wiring. You can modify the tune as you see fit for your car.

Your VIN won't be touched as long as you don't virginize the DME.

You can flash back and forth for smog if you need to.