BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, May-15-2019, 12:33:04 PM   #11
STAATS

In the garage:

Australia

Default Re: Who can convert my HP DME to stock CSL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
for a DME hardware conversion, it shouldn't matter that you don't use their map sensor kit. Just scale the tune for whatever MAP sensor you're using.
+1

BMW E46 M3 Vehicle Log Book & Service Tracker Tool: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=564731

BMW E46 M3 Vehicle Data Record & Modification Journal Template: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=566440

2003 BMW E46 M3 Street / Road Rally Build: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=566468
Jump to top STAATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 02:31:52 PM   #12
DirtyEtzio

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippstuh View Post
I have one but it's just a canned tune; not a dyno tune. I have hesitation in low rpm and high load. We need to resolve it but haven't found the time.

Outside of that, solid power gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have someone check the WOT tables around the rpm you're having the stumble....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    BW Race Exhaust.
  • Essex AP Racing 9668 front brake kit
Jump to top DirtyEtzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 02:41:09 PM   #13
PITT M3 RR
PA

In the garage:

United States

My 2 cents on Kassel...be careful. Jim owes me an air box, I found mismatched o-rings in my "besian rebuilt vanos " a few days ago. The DME he swap tuned for me has a permanent error code for main relay voltage and if you'll search my most recent issue...he improperly timed my exhaust cam. I was able to discover this by learning how to do all these things myself over the years. Making a virgin swap DME exposed a lot of these things. Anything I got from him apart from the fuel pump kit has been an issue and caused a major headache.

I will say I dealt with him about 3 years ago when "they" (his partner behind the scene is or was out west) were newer, so maybe times have changed. Oh and the "tune" was hackenTTs tune he sold me with timing pegged at 26 degrees advance regardless of IAT or water temp. And, he up charged my almost $200 for Andrews harness from R3V after looking me dead in the eye and telling me he was making it in house.

Just be careful and get everything in writing.
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 03:48:38 PM   #14
kokgo20

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
What do you mean?

I only used Kassel for the hardware conversion of the DME to convert my HP DME to CSL....My conversion runs off the stock CSL map sensor...but for a DME hardware conversion, it shouldn't matter that you don't use their map sensor kit. Just scale the tune for whatever MAP sensor you're using.
I guess I should have explained in details, since their price is good on the DME conversion, I was gonna get their map sensor setup and retune since my blower is pumping more air now, and thinking of going direct methanol injection.
He mentioned that their map sensor wonít work on boost.

Build thread---------- INSTAGRAM ------------Now offering custom digital gauges
2004 SMG PY/BLK - 600 TCKline - CPI Headers & resonated Sec1- Stoptech BBK 6 pod front & 4 pod rear with steel lines - 75mm Studs conversion - SDW monoball RTABs - AKG subframe bushings - Multi color AEs - FR-X 3.0 Projectors - Smoked Side markers - Euro bumper - V1 with hard wire & Stealth one - M Track Mod - ZCP steering rack - Dual LI - CSL Style diffuser - SCZA Exhaust - E9x Door handle LED retrofit - SCZA CSL bootlid - VEI systems custom air vent A/F & boost gauge - VEI custom air vent Water temp & oil pressure guage- Active Prima plus + TTFS tune - Mishimoto Radiator & Oil cooler - H&R front Sway - UUC camber arms - keyless & push to start system - clear bra - interiors red stitching contrast - Apex PS7s - 16" Spal fan
Jump to top kokgo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 03:55:06 PM   #15
mpwrcpe
The Throbbing Gristle

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokgo20 View Post
I guess I should have explained in details, since their price is good on the DME conversion, I was gonna get their map sensor setup and retune since my blower is pumping more air now, and thinking of going direct methanol injection.
He mentioned that their map sensor won’t work on boost.
You already have a TTFS ECU, why not contact Frank? He is perfectly capable of the CSL conversion.

The Kassel MAP won't work because it's a 1 bar sensor, you need a 2 or 3 bar MAP. Frank uses GM sensors which are cheap, reliable and readily available.

'15 Touareg TDI (Racecar hauler)
Jump to top mpwrcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 04:11:01 PM   #16
kokgo20

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpwrcpe View Post
You already have a TTFS ECU, why not contact Frank? He is perfectly capable of the CSL conversion.

The Kassel MAP won't work because it's a 1 bar sensor, you need a 2 or 3 bar MAP. Frank uses GM sensors which are cheap, reliable and readily available.
Frank's HP DME conversion is $475, i was looking for something cheaper, i like Kassel's price $225
I may get Kassel to do the hardware conversion and Frank to re-tune.
I was wondering if any forum member who can / willing to do the conversion for a fee also.

Build thread---------- INSTAGRAM ------------Now offering custom digital gauges
2004 SMG PY/BLK - 600 TCKline - CPI Headers & resonated Sec1- Stoptech BBK 6 pod front & 4 pod rear with steel lines - 75mm Studs conversion - SDW monoball RTABs - AKG subframe bushings - Multi color AEs - FR-X 3.0 Projectors - Smoked Side markers - Euro bumper - V1 with hard wire & Stealth one - M Track Mod - ZCP steering rack - Dual LI - CSL Style diffuser - SCZA Exhaust - E9x Door handle LED retrofit - SCZA CSL bootlid - VEI systems custom air vent A/F & boost gauge - VEI custom air vent Water temp & oil pressure guage- Active Prima plus + TTFS tune - Mishimoto Radiator & Oil cooler - H&R front Sway - UUC camber arms - keyless & push to start system - clear bra - interiors red stitching contrast - Apex PS7s - 16" Spal fan
Jump to top kokgo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 05:20:38 PM   #17
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

If youíre not going to be installing the flap, you may as well skip the hardware conversion and use mssflasher to flash the modified version that works with the non-CSL boot sector.
Jump to top terraphantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 05:58:25 PM   #18
ultimatemj

United States

Wait, are you saying the conversion isnít needed to use a MAP?

OE+ : Evolve airbox | Supersprint Exhaust | PE tune | CSL trunk | 18Ē VMR 710 w/PSS | EU OE 2pc Rotors | Koni+Dinan springs| Valentine1 w/StealthOne | Stereo build log
Jump to top ultimatemj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 06:01:56 PM   #19
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemj View Post
The hardware part, still need the csl tune with cam profiles corrected afaik.

Evolve-R Alpha N Evolve CSL CF Airbox Eventuri Scoop Supersprint V1 stepped 2.5" SS V1 S pipes 2.5" + 200 cell HFC OE sect 2 SCZA 2.5" sect 3 Besian RE pullies fan/SAP/washer delete CSL battery

Bilstein HD B6/Eibach 325/600lb + GC "tall" RSMs Hotchkis front sway (med) rear strut bar TMS camber & subframe plates Eibach alu rear camber arms RE trans mounts AKG poly subf/diff 95a SDW RTAB weighted ///M knob + ZHP alcantara boot + UUC DSSR + delrin bushing Mason clutch pedal + brass bushing TMS black pedals delrin brake pedal bushing

OE CSL trunk Sportline 8S 18"x8.5/9.5" MPSS 245/275 APEX 75mm Studs Brembo 996 4 pot 36/40 345mm CSL & 28/30 328mm CSL ZHP "712" rack Pioneer/CDT/Eclipse/Kicker
Jump to top TboneM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 06:05:38 PM   #20
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemj View Post

If you have an mss54hp, you can flash a modified version of the CSL software that will run without hardware modification.
Jump to top terraphantm is offline   Reply With Quote