BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sun, May-12-2019, 06:09:48 AM   #41
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Quite Exhaust Thread

I’d recommend Dinan. I rocked a stock muffler while catless for a long time and was afraid to switch because I thought it’d be too loud. Dinan is perfect, almost stock like until you hit 3 grand or put the car under heavy load.
Old Sun, May-12-2019, 02:03:51 PM   #42
R60BBA

In the garage:

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecream View Post
Jesus ****ing Christ. Do people not get when they post an exhaust video its to hear exhaust and not their crappy ghetto music pick of the week. Ffs, could you have any less sense than that?
The music is just 10% of the audio, not to mention there is no music in the first video. Maybe you could do yourself a favour and get your ears tested.
IG: bavarianjunkie
https://youtu.be/y0ymv8jOC0Y
Jump to top R60BBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-12-2019, 02:07:59 PM   #43
tjkenny15

In the garage:

United States

I personally love the idea of the SS Street with the Race tips. On the other hand, my wife would probably kill me if I bought one at the moment... this may end up having to be my Xmas gift
Old Sun, May-12-2019, 03:01:24 PM   #44
R60BBA

In the garage:

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkenny15 View Post
I personally love the idea of the SS Street with the Race tips. On the other hand, my wife would probably kill me if I bought one at the moment... this may end up having to be my Xmas gift
She wonít notice if you get it delivered to a garage for installation.
IG: bavarianjunkie
https://youtu.be/y0ymv8jOC0Y
Jump to top R60BBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-12-2019, 03:12:02 PM   #45
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDdave View Post
WOW! I have been following this thread closely, and the first one I really have loved is this setup. I would be very interested in getting in on this group buy as well. I have been very nervous to even try an exhaust because I donít want a super loud rasp or drone... But this really sounds like it might be the answer. Would love to hear a couple drive bys!
As much as I'd love such a setup (well, with cats), that's quite literally a $10k exhaust right there.
Jump to top terraphantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-12-2019, 04:21:32 PM   #46
HDdave

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
As much as I'd love such a setup (well, with cats), that's quite literally a $10k exhaust right there.

... wow... i see that now, i need to read more before i post 😂. I was thinking that was just the new street muffler he was talking about! It was late after wrenching on the car... lol. Not afraid to spend some $ on good stuff, but not $10k. Iíd still really like to hear this new street muffler. Sounds like itís something thatís right up my alley
Old Sun, May-12-2019, 04:39:50 PM   #47
Malloy

United States

I feel most people want straight cut tips on the e46 M3. Iíve wanted SS Sport for a while, but I canít deal with the slash cut tips.

Will there ever be an option to get the race tips on a Sport system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Honestly, this is an easy decision...*que waiting for Ian's reply confirming this*

For what you described, you want the Supersprint Street muffler. DONE.

My recommendation, if you can hold off for a few more weeks, jump on the Group-Buy that I am working on. Supersprint and I have teamed up to offer an exclusive dual branded set of oversized mufflers, modeled after the one-off custom Supersprint muffler that I am running. These will be completely exclusive and offered no where else. We will be offering custom oversized versions of their flagship mufflers (Street, Sport, Race) to compliment the new Supersprint Twin-Piped section 2 and will feature 63.5mm piping and 65mm internal muffler piping. The Street version, like mine will have special race tips for a more aggressive look (compared to the standard Street muffler tips) and a few other neat features that I will mention at a later date. These mufflers will also have a flow capacity to support 513hp...so you wo chose it for my own car).
Jump to top Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-12-2019, 04:50:13 PM   #48
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I feel most people want straight cut tips on the e46 M3. Iíve wanted SS Sport for a while, but I canít deal with the slash cut tips.

Will there ever be an option to get the race tips on a Sport system?
If youíre willing to wait for the next production run, you can get whenever tips you want. E.g. I have race tips on my SS Street.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5,04 M3 wagon, 2017 i3
Past cars: 04 M3, 03 530i, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-12-2019, 05:16:02 PM   #49
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post

Evolve-R Alpha N Evolve CSL CF Airbox Eventuri Scoop Supersprint V1 stepped 2.5" SS V1 S pipes 2.5" + 200 cell HFC OE sect 2 SCZA 2.5" sect 3 Besian RE pullies fan/SAP/washer delete CSL battery

Bilstein HD B6/Eibach 325/600lb + GC "tall" RSMs Hotchkis front sway (med) rear strut bar TMS camber & subframe plates Eibach alu rear camber arms RE trans mounts AKG poly subf/diff 95a SDW RTAB weighted ///M knob + ZHP alcantara boot + UUC DSSR + delrin bushing Mason clutch pedal + brass bushing TMS black pedals delrin brake pedal bushing

OE CSL trunk Sportline 8S 18"x8.5/9.5" MPSS 245/275 APEX 75mm Studs Brembo 996 4 pot 36/40 345mm CSL & 28/30 328mm CSL ZHP "712" rack Pioneer/CDT/Eclipse/Kicker
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-12-2019, 06:02:09 PM   #50
oceansize
Kwisatz Haderach

In the garage:

United States

I've been happy with RE Diablo and RE Rasp Pipe. It is a solid mid budget offering with slightly more volume and minimal drone (although I'm in a vert). This video captures the difference perfectly between stock and diablo mufflers and both runs utilize the RE Rasp which is nice. The rasp removes this car sounding like a dirty south Civic (I know some of you love rasp and that is cool, you all my brothers).

I've read a few threads where it seems some thought the Diablo reduced overall HP however I saw other dyno threads where this clearly wasn't the case so I don't know. Exhaust came after FI and the butt dyno felt no difference either way.
Storm Motorwerks SMG Paddles | Two Tone Black/Grey Interior | Alcantara E-brake Boot
Very Recent Maintenance: FCABs | FCAs | RTABs | Motor Mounts | PS Hoses | Inner/Outer Tie Rods | End Links | Vanos Solenoid |
Driveshaft R&R | Flex Disc | Fan Clutch | Trans Fluid | Diff fluid
Jump to top oceansize is offline   Reply With Quote