BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, Apr-17-2019, 05:53:55 PM   #31
Drewster

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: New Ohlins "Dedicated" (RT) Coilovers Feedback and comparison (JRZ, MCS, TCK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post

GC uses 2.5" Eibach ERS.
Jump to top Drewster is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Apr-17-2019, 10:37:18 PM   #32
gearhead55

United States

Default Re: New Ohlins "Dedicated" (RT) Coilovers Feedback and comparison (JRZ, MCS, TCK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
GC uses 2.5" Eibach ERS. On their camber plates, I think they make hats/collars for all spring sizes, stock, 2.25, 2.5, 60mm
yea, so JRZ/Moton/MCS should all work, as long as you have the right perches.
Jump to top gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-18-2019, 04:04:16 AM   #33
Drewster

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
yea, so JRZ/Moton/MCS should all work, as long as you have the right perches.
For the front strut, a GC setup has a generic Koni shock in a custom threaded casing for the e46. This looks like Ohlins would replace both up front?

Summarizing, it sounds like we would:
Use the Ohlins front shock assembly and its perches (which I love for seperate spring and height adjustment)
Use existing front spring
Use existing front camber plate
Swap rear shocks, leave springs in place

..correct? Hopefully we would be paying a little less, since we're really just paying for four shocks and front perches.

With the Apex thing, I also got the impression we had to buy Camber plates and springs, so I'm stoked to get rid of the only two things I don't like about GC - Koni shocks and no separate height adjustment
Jump to top Drewster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-18-2019, 04:09:50 PM   #34
gearhead55

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
For the front strut, a GC setup has a generic Koni shock in a custom threaded casing for the e46. This looks like Ohlins would replace both up front?

Summarizing, it sounds like we would:
Use the Ohlins front shock assembly and its perches (which I love for seperate spring and height adjustment)
Use existing front spring
Use existing front camber plate
Swap rear shocks, leave springs in place

..correct? Hopefully we would be paying a little less, since we're really just paying for four shocks and front perches.

With the Apex thing, I also got the impression we had to buy Camber plates and springs, so I'm stoked to get rid of the only two things I don't like about GC - Koni shocks and no separate height adjustment

Correct. The Ohlins unit would replace the damper and the lower perch. I am currently switching to MCS dampers from bilstein PSS and keeping the same GC street camber plates, you just need an adapter to do this because the shaft diameter is different between the two dampers. I'm not sure if that would be the case for the Ohlins.
Old Wed, May-15-2019, 03:18:21 PM   #35
OneFastSicilian
Frankie

In the garage:

Italy

saw this coilover mentioned on their IG page! Pretty excited for it.. Let's hope it's affordable lol

Previous:
  • 01 - AW/IR - Sold
  • 03.5 - IR/Impulse - Sold
  • 02 - TiAg/Blk - Sold
  • 05 - IB/Blk ZCP - Sold
  • 02 - LSB/Blk - Sold
  • 05 - SG/Blk - Current!
Check out my Journal!

*Instagram*
@_Frank_Stone_
Jump to top OneFastSicilian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, May-16-2019, 10:33:39 PM   #36
Exclusivs

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radekxpl View Post
I would suggest to hold your order for at least 2 more weeks if you are interested in these. Reason being is I'm actually working directly with 3DM on this Ohlins product, which will bring new options of obtaining these to the market in a way and value it was never offered before from Ohlins. I currently cannot disclose any details as everything is still in the works, but we should be able to share more details in about 2 week time frame. I will update this as soon everything is ready. Probably will be in a new thread though.
Updates?

Theres a bunch of questions I think haven't been answered . Are Ohlins using their own camber plate? Or are they supplementing a dedicated company IE: Vorshlag etc, to do the proper fitting camber plate? In for all info!
Jump to top Exclusivs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-17-2019, 03:04:59 PM   #37
grke36m3

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
Correct. The Ohlins unit would replace the damper and the lower perch. I am currently switching to MCS dampers from bilstein PSS and keeping the same GC street camber plates, you just need an adapter to do this because the shaft diameter is different between the two dampers. I'm not sure if that would be the case for the Ohlins.

Have you gotten around to installing the street plates with the MCs? I have them for my jrzrs1 and there is a low speed rattle I canít hunt down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Jump to top grke36m3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-17-2019, 04:48:54 PM   #38
gearhead55

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by grke36m3 View Post
Have you gotten around to installing the street plates with the MCs? I have them for my jrzrs1 and there is a low speed rattle I can’t hunt down.

Yea, it’s all set up. No issue with the camber plates. The dampers are amazing. The adjustments make a huge difference and the ride quality is surprisingly good considering the spring rates (448/840). It feels like a top quality suspension now. I haven’t tracked it yet but it has tackled a wide variety of road situations in the canyons with complete composure and predictability.
Old Fri, May-17-2019, 11:06:34 PM   #39
Sirenty

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
Updates?

Theres a bunch of questions I think haven't been answered . Are Ohlins using their own camber plate? Or are they supplementing a dedicated company IE: Vorshlag etc, to do the proper fitting camber plate? In for all info!
From my understanding, they are using Vorshlag. I already have those so I didnít get new ones with my setup. They are also using Swift springs. For mine, it was 5Ē springs, 672 lbs front, 896 rear, and a 223lb helper spring. Rogue rear shock mounts were also used but I donít know if that comes in the kit or not.

What else do you want to know?
Jump to top Sirenty is offline   Reply With Quote