BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mon, Apr-01-2019, 06:08:45 PM   #21
ATB88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 365
Reputation: 0 ATB88 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Avin Avant 4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATB88 View Post
Message from Avin this morning:

"How to make the radio boot up to the last app it was on:

1. Close out the radio app if you are in it. Open the Bluetooth app or any other app you like.

2. Turn down the volume on the radio to zero "0"

2. Turn off the car or ACC and wait for 2 minutes.

3. Power the radio back on.

Now every time you start the radio it will remember the last app it was one before you turned it off."
Following up: this didn't work for me. The radio still starts up sporadically with the car in a totally unpredictable fashion.
Jump to top ATB88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Apr-01-2019, 06:08:54 PM   #22
Dave B
M3 collector
 
Dave B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,354
Reputation: 0 Dave B is on a distinguished road
Location: Miami

Italy




Default Re: Avin Avant 4 Thread

Is there a way to add like the equivalent of a Night Shift or f.Lux or Iris mode to the monitor itself? That is WAY too bright and artificial at night. I'd love to add in a red tint like what I use on my MacBook.
Jump to top Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-01-2019, 06:20:34 PM   #23
ATB88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 365
Reputation: 0 ATB88 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Avin Avant 4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF4m3 View Post
Does anybody have experience flashing an avin Hu?
Found a few custom roms for px5 devices (avant 4). Problem is I am a little hesistent without having access to the stock firmware. Somebody got an idea how to get it off the HU? or does soemone have access to a stock avin image? I asked for it in their support forum but no reply yet and i am kind of not expecting an answer anyway regarding a rom image
I can't help with this but this would be really cool if you end up figuring it out, so I hope that you do!

What are the custom PX5 roms like, what kind of features do they give us?
Jump to top ATB88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-01-2019, 06:27:54 PM   #24
terraphantm
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,030
In the garage:
Reputation: 11 terraphantm is on a distinguished road
Location: Philadelphia

United States




Default Re: Avin Avant 4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
Is there a way to add like the equivalent of a Night Shift or f.Lux or Iris mode to the monitor itself? That is WAY too bright and artificial at night. I'd love to add in a red tint like what I use on my MacBook.
On the avant 3 I rooted it and used CF Lumen.
Jump to top terraphantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-01-2019, 07:04:53 PM   #25
xF4m3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 24
Reputation: 0 xF4m3 is on a distinguished road

Germany




Default Re: Avin Avant 4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATB88 View Post
I can't help with this but this would be really cool if you end up figuring it out, so I hope that you do!

What are the custom PX5 roms like, what kind of features do they give us?
The main feature si am after would be selecting how ever many apps you want to auto boot, the radio app would not constantly start at boot, you can select which apps should restart when waking from sleep, working ViperFX4A, aswell as alot of theming options.

There is two roms that seem to be in development for quiet some time, hal9k and malyask or something like that. Currently tending to hal9k.

THe question is, how do i get back to stock if i have no stock image if something goes wrong xD
Jump to top xF4m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-01-2019, 07:40:00 PM   #26
I M Legend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 821
Reputation: 0 I M Legend is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Avin Avant 4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF4m3 View Post
The main feature si am after would be selecting how ever many apps you want to auto boot, the radio app would not constantly start at boot, you can select which apps should restart when waking from sleep, working ViperFX4A, aswell as alot of theming options.

There is two roms that seem to be in development for quiet some time, hal9k and malyask or something like that. Currently tending to hal9k.

THe question is, how do i get back to stock if i have no stock image if something goes wrong xD
There's an app called AutoStart that allows you to set which apps to start upon boot.
__________________
Jump to top I M Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-01-2019, 07:44:27 PM   #27
xF4m3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 24
Reputation: 0 xF4m3 is on a distinguished road

Germany




Default Re: Avin Avant 4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I M Legend View Post
There's an app called AutoStart that allows you to set which apps to start upon boot.
Is it working for you? havent tried this specific app, but i tried a few diffrent once including mctdtools but that is not really working that well
also remapping buttons to whatever app you want, doing that with mtcd tools right now,but sometimes its not working after boot and i have to first start this app etc sometime volume presses aswell as next/previous gets triggered twice and lots of weird stuff
Jump to top xF4m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-01-2019, 07:55:11 PM   #28
I M Legend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 821
Reputation: 0 I M Legend is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Avin Avant 4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF4m3 View Post
Is it working for you? havent tried this specific app, but i tried a few diffrent once including mctdtools but that is not really working that well
also remapping buttons to whatever app you want, doing that with mtcd tools right now,but sometimes its not working after boot and i have to first start this app etc sometime volume presses aswell as next/previous gets triggered twice and lots of weird stuff
Yeah it works well. You can select which apps to auto start and in what order.
__________________
Jump to top I M Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-02-2019, 01:03:36 AM   #29
rilla
Registered User
 
rilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 247
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 rilla is on a distinguished road
Location: Buffalo

United States




Default Re: Avin Avant 4 Thread

How is the radio reception. I put an android unit in another vehicle and the FM is terrible now
Jump to top rilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-02-2019, 07:55:08 PM   #30
randman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 49
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 randman is on a distinguished road
Location: Seattle

United States




Default Re: Avin Avant 4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilla View Post
How is the radio reception. I put an android unit in another vehicle and the FM is terrible now
When I first connected it (before I ran the cable through the trunk along the passenger side floor) it seemed fine. After I ran the cable and buttoned everything up, it's awful.
Jump to top randman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:47:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Avin Avant 4 Thread in the E46 M3 (2001-2006) Forum - Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)