BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Jan-14-2019, 04:04:44 PM   #31
twentyseven
@itsmejonnyv

United States

Default Re: M Texture Reproduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangkev View Post
Glad Iím not the only one considering this. Do you know how many yards would be needed for headliner and pillars?
I'd guess at least two, but most likely three. You always want to have a surplus of material to work with to ensure you can get symmetry correct on various parts. Being forced to use what's left can most likely compromise your final product. Don't be tempted to save a few bucks, especially if you're paying an upholsterer to do the job properly...

'04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///M3 SMG coupe
V-CSL, BBS CH, ÷hlins R&T, Supersprint, Brembo GT, custom Z4M seats, AVIN, G5R projector swap

'06 Jet Black + Black ///M3 SMG coupe
100% Stock. 48k mi ***FOR SALE***

'06 Alpine White + Cinnamon ///M3 ZCP 6MT coupe
Built motor by ACE performance, VF Stage 3, (610whp@16psi), KW V3
Jump to top twentyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Jan-14-2019, 04:09:44 PM   #32
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangkev View Post
Glad Iím not the only one considering this. Do you know how many yards would be needed for headliner and pillars?
The headliner in that? Please don't. I'm thinking it would look like a stary night in a hippie vw pot mobile. The OE anthracite headliner is much cleaner IMHO. That fabric belongs on seats.

Mods:
-Custom CF airbox
-SSV2 catless headers(with a modified collector extention), Custom 2.5" dual sec1, Custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3..
-Cat Cams 280 272.
-Custom dyno tune
-Tms pulleys and electric fan conversion
385.7 whp 288 wtq

Custom exhaust thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=569086
Cams thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=554439
Custom cf airbox thread http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=595180
Why not to use after market bearings with surfacetreatments and /or increased clearance
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...4&postcount=10
Jump to top HassanEido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jan-14-2019, 04:31:47 PM   #33
twentyseven
@itsmejonnyv

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanEido View Post
The headliner in that? Please don't. I'm thinking it would look like a stary night in a hippie vw pot mobile. The OE anthracite headliner is much cleaner IMHO. That fabric belongs on seats.
Curiousity just getting the best of me... had always wanted M-texture interior, but can't justify giving up my cinnamon for it especially since I just had new seats done. And since I already have seat backs wrapped M-cloth, I have no other options

WAIT MAYBE THE TRUNK

V-CSL, BBS CH, ÷hlins R&T, Supersprint, Brembo GT, custom Z4M seats, AVIN, G5R projector swap

Old Mon, Jan-14-2019, 04:38:28 PM   #34
SYRARCH04
Schmuck

United States

Shifter and e-brake boots?
Old Mon, Jan-14-2019, 05:50:14 PM   #35
nwGTS

In the garage:

United States

What a great service to the M46 community. I had your site and this page bookmarked a few months ago contemplating this but after taking apart the door cards I estimated the cost to tailor and install the material would be prohibitively expensive since the door panel inserts are actually plastic welded on. I've experience removing plastic welds on Porsche door panels. It is not an easy or clean process and there is real risk of damaging the mounting points so that it can not be mounted again.

I'm NOT an expert at this but what would someone estimate it would cost to install 5 yards of fabric on the four seats and 4 door panels.

First estimate was between $1500 and $2000 depending on your location and quality of the work. Plus the cost of fabric

2012 997.2 GTS Black/Black 6MT/LSD/Aero

Last edited by nwGTS; Mon, Jan-14-2019 at 05:54:42 PM.
Jump to top nwGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jan-14-2019, 05:52:42 PM   #36
twentyseven
@itsmejonnyv

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwGTS View Post
What a great service to the M46 community. I had your site and this page bookmarked a few months ago contemplating this but after taking apart the door cards I estimated the cost to tailor and install the material would be prohibitively expensive since the door panel inserts are actually plastic welded on. I've experience removing plastic welds on Porsche door panels. It is not an easy or clean process and there is real risk of damaging the mounting points so that it can not be mounted again.

I'm NOT an expert at this but what would someone estimate it would cost to install 5 yards of fabric on the four seats and 4 door panels.
Probably looking at around 2000-2500 in labor from a quality upholsterer..

Old Mon, Jan-14-2019, 05:54:59 PM   #37
nwGTS

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyseven View Post
Probably looking at around 2000-2500 in labor from a quality upholsterer..
That was my estimate too. Thank you.

Old Mon, Jan-14-2019, 09:02:12 PM   #38
spnsprt

In the garage:

United States

Cars with this interior stock had it on the door cards, and the centers of the front and rear seats right? So at 5 yards ($925) and 2-2.5k labor you'd be looking at somewhere between 3k-3.5k?

Just trying to do the math outloud. I guess personally, I'm also concerned that the leather on the drivers side bolsters is looking pretty worn too so I think I'd want to get that taken care of at the same time. It'd be kind of silly to have this beautiful center fabric with worn out bolsters.
Jump to top spnsprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jan-14-2019, 10:02:24 PM   #39
nwGTS

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by spnsprt View Post
Cars with this interior stock had it on the door cards, and the centers of the front and rear seats right? So at 5 yards ($925) and 2-2.5k labor you'd be looking at somewhere between 3k-3.5k?

Just trying to do the math outloud. I guess personally, I'm also concerned that the leather on the drivers side bolsters is looking pretty worn too so I think I'd want to get that taken care of at the same time. It'd be kind of silly to have this beautiful center fabric with worn out bolsters.
I also considered needing the side bolster replaced unless it's in good enough condition (mine are) for the same reason.

So a decent investment for a new interior but certainly a unique one. You'd better love your car!

Old Mon, Jan-14-2019, 11:34:09 PM   #40
Braymond141

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxima SE View Post
no its not highway robbery. its a good thing people out there strive to make new products for the community.

whats highway robbery is the idiotic trends and asking prices for hyped up crap on this forum..... things like stripped zero option cars with a premium price tag... hyped up shit like "Slick top", "manual seats", "halogen housing"...... or decade old farted on OE CSL seats demanding eight thousand dollars when you can get brand spanking new Recaro Sporstsers for half that price which are newer and better anyway.... or anything else OE CSL for that matter
lol. You’re an asshat. You whine your head off here, yet you post ads for cars justifying the hyped up prices and you yourself are guilty of the same thing in your parts posts. Well done.

Last edited by Braymond141; Mon, Jan-14-2019 at 11:52:00 PM.
Jump to top Braymond141 is online now   Reply With Quote