BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Feb-08-2019, 11:51:07 PM   #91
RT-66

United States

Default Re: Finished my Recaro Sportster CS seat install with custom floor mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Cobra makes a competitor to the CS that looks interesting, but I can't find any place to test sit it... and can't buy a seat if I can't sit in it first.
HMS offered to send me a seat to test fit for the cost of shipping. In my case that's ~$300 YMMV. Fairly expensive for a test fit, but I'm considering it.
Jump to top RT-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Feb-08-2019, 11:51:44 PM   #92
Brandon_

United States

Default Re: Finished my Recaro Sportster CS seat install with custom floor mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasieg View Post

Those look great. I'm a sucker for a nice set of Recaros.
Jump to top Brandon_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Feb-09-2019, 12:40:03 PM   #93
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_ View Post
Those look great. I'm a sucker for a nice set of Recaros.

The seats (and the car) are long gone, but the CS Sportster's are the best seats for this car. They don't just look right, but I instantly felt a better connection to the car after swapping for them. I remember the first track day in the Recaros, I beat my personal best by over a second, but at the time contributed it mostly to other variables. However, shortly before I sold the car, and went back to the stock seats, I realized what a difference they truly make. It is like night and day. Felt like a different car. I hated the stock seats after that. I mean they are way more comfortable, but they take away so much of the feel and support that is is a worthy trade off.

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Sportline CS8's, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk
Jump to top nasieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Feb-09-2019, 12:51:15 PM   #94
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
I mean they are way more comfortable, but they take away so much of the feel and support that is is a worthy trade off.
You find the stock seats way more comfortable? I assumed that wouldn’t be the case vs the CS

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5,04 M3 wagon, 2017 i3
Past cars: 04 M3, 03 530i, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Feb-09-2019, 12:54:41 PM   #95
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Yes, for me they were. Much softer! The CS hurt my butt on 2+ hour drives, but maybe itís just because I donít have enough meet on my bones :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Sportline CS8's, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk
Old Sat, Feb-09-2019, 01:07:19 PM   #96
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Yes, for me they were. Much softer! The CS hurt my butt on 2+ hour drives, but maybe itís just because I donít have enough meet on my bones :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may have just talked me out of putting them in the wagon

Old Sat, Feb-09-2019, 01:10:25 PM   #97
Sandeep1212

In the garage:

Canada

Quote:
Interesting reverse of peoples normal issues-- normally people want to get the seat as low as possible!

I wonder if there's a compatible buckle receiver with a shorter run out there.
If anyone knows whether there is a shorter belt receiver/tensioner that works, please let me know. Thanks

2003.5 TIAG Black 6MT Gone
2003.5 Carbon Black Laguna Seca Blue SMG Current
Supersprint V1/Supersprint straight pipe sec 1/ Supersprint X-pipe/OEM Muffler/Eventuri Intake/TCKline Single Adjustable 500lbs Front 600lbs Rear/TCKline Camber Plates/TMS Adjustable Rear Control Arm/Powerflex Black RTABs/Turner Delrin FCABS/ Brembo GT 6 pot F 4 Pot R/OEM CSL Trunk/ SGT 1 piece lip
Jump to top Sandeep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Feb-09-2019, 01:40:21 PM   #98
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
You may have just talked me out of putting them in the wagon

I'm sorry, but firmer and more supportive seats are a trade off. I opted for the LWB's on my GT4 also, and it is the same deal. I love them for the most part, but sit in them for more than 2 hrs and my butt literally falls asleep and my lower back starts to hurt. I rarely have to drive that far/long, only when I go to Laguna Seca (~2/year) and for those occasions I just put a foam cushion underneath and in the lumbar area. It does the trick.

All that being said, i would not give them up for spirited and track driving. Also, you and I are much different in built from what I can tell. I am 5'9" 155 lbs, so you might not have the same issues.

My Journal

Old Sat, Feb-09-2019, 01:52:06 PM   #99
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
I'm sorry, but firmer and more supportive seats are a trade off. I opted for the LWB's on my GT4 also, and it is the same deal. I love them for the most part, but sit in them for more than 2 hrs and my butt literally falls asleep and my lower back starts to hurt. I rarely have to drive that far/long, only when I go to Laguna Seca (~2/year) and for those occasions I just put a foam cushion underneath and in the lumbar area. It does the trick.

All that being said, i would not give them up for spirited and track driving. Also, you and I are much different in built from what I can tell. I am 5'9" 155 lbs, so you might not have the same issues.
I also donít drive the wagon in track, so donít need that benefit in that car.

Old Wed, May-15-2019, 12:27:32 PM   #100
Tiago

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyseven View Post
The bases are not entirely the same. And it's far cheapest to buy complete seats than piecemeal a set together..
The bases is not the same because Z4M seats don't fold but foam structure is the same and you can plug and play Z4M foam into E46 M3 structure and give the Z4M shape into it.

See my Thread

ESS VT2-575 / AEM WMI / Supersprint Race System / 3.91 Diff / Stoptech ST60 and ST40 / Bilstein PSS9 / UUC Sways
CLICK HERE FOR PICS OF MY CAR_______________"On the street, fun is better than speed"_______________
Jump to top Tiago is offline   Reply With Quote