BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Sat, Aug-22-2009, 12:07:48 AM   #651
P4lm3r
Who is phone?

In the garage:
Reputation: 0 P4lm3r is a glorious beacon of lightP4lm3r is a glorious beacon of light

Vatican City State

Sweet Jeebus the Stone Double Dry Hopped Ale is incredible! It is totally different than the regular IPA or Ruination. Onslaught of citrus when I poured it out of the Growler, Head so nice I thought about taking a nap on it. Nice piney flavor, only complaint is the finish has a hint of ale instead of a falloff from the hops. Deff an A to A- beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfifteen View Post
Don't get all butthurt, sparky. This is OT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotM? View Post
Still looking for the dick
Jump to top P4lm3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Aug-22-2009, 12:36:50 AM   #652
Smk Qbns

Location: In my humidor where it is 70 degrees and 65% humidity

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4lm3r View Post
Sweet Jeebus the Stone Double Dry Hopped Ale is incredible! It is totally different than the regular IPA or Ruination. Onslaught of citrus when I poured it out of the Growler, Head so nice I thought about taking a nap on it. Nice piney flavor, only complaint is the finish has a hint of ale instead of a falloff from the hops. Deff an A to A- beer.
Which beer is this? I've had my fair share of Stone products...this is a first for me.

Amateurs train until they get it right, professionals train until they donít get it wrong.
Jump to top Smk Qbns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Aug-22-2009, 12:41:28 AM   #653
P4lm3r
Who is phone?

In the garage:
Reputation: 0 P4lm3r is a glorious beacon of lightP4lm3r is a glorious beacon of light

Vatican City State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smk Qbns View Post
Which beer is this? I've had my fair share of Stone products...this is a first for me.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/34436

Quote:
Quote:
Old Sat, Aug-22-2009, 02:49:07 AM   #654
P4lm3r
Who is phone?

In the garage:

Vatican City State

The Great Divide was a huge letdown. Sweet cherry notes, wierd mild mid taste, smokey finish. Just didn't work at all after the Double Dry hop. If I felt like giving it a review on BA, it would be around a C+. Just not balanced at all. Not a fan.

Quote:
Quote:
Old Sat, Aug-22-2009, 03:18:25 AM   #655
odiedog52

United States

Which Great Divide are you talking about? Maybe I missed it, but I don't see it.

I'm drinking a Trappistes Rochefort 8 ... Pure bliss.
Jump to top odiedog52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Aug-22-2009, 03:28:43 AM   #656
P4lm3r
Who is phone?

In the garage:

Vatican City State

Odie and Dan, I have huge appreciation for your palate, unless it is an Imperial Stout or most IPAs I don't care for it. I like my bitters, and I can't possibly take an objective approach to another beer.

Quote:
Quote:
Old Sat, Aug-22-2009, 03:32:36 AM   #657
Dan I Am
Steep and Deep

In the garage:

Antarctica

Quote:
The Great Divide was a huge letdown. Sweet cherry notes, wierd mild mid taste, smokey finish. Just didn't work at all after the Double Dry hop. If I felt like giving it a review on BA, it would be around a C+. Just not balanced at all. Not a fan.
That's a shame. I guess there is no right answer......Everything is personal taste. I found it to be quite complex and very well balanced between hops, malts and oak.

Have any of you guys tried anything from Boulevard in Kansas City?
Jump to top Dan I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Aug-22-2009, 03:51:11 AM   #658
odiedog52

United States

Quote:
Odie and Dan, I have huge appreciation for your palate, unless it is an Imperial Stout or most IPAs I don't care for it. I like my bitters, and I can't possibly take an objective approach to another beer.
I tried it for the first time a week ago (on tap), and I have a bottle of it in the fridge.

It was unlike any IPA I've EVER had. As Dan mentioned, it was VERY VERY complex. To ME, it was spicy and a ton of anise/absinthe (think black licorice) ... which is something I've never experienced in an IPA.

I'm in a big IPA and Imperial Stout kick as well .. but palates will change. I used to LOVE wheat beers .. right now I'm really turned off to them. I used to not be a fan of hoppy beers, and now you can throw me the hoppiest beer there is and I'll love it. All I can say it continue to try new beers, even possibly of style you don't like and your palate will continue to evolve.

And I am in no way an expert. Ya I own a fine beverage beverage magazine .. but I'm not even the resident beer guy! I'm just a guy that loves beer and I am only 23 and have really been actively trying beers the last year or so (age 20 to 22 I was in Iraq and couldn't even drink) ... Just throwing that out there!

But I will agree, the 15th Anniversary was definitely different. I'll have to try it again out of the bottle and comfort of my own room (and with a full bottle to myself) to really see what's up with it.

Jump to top odiedog52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Aug-22-2009, 04:08:24 AM   #659
P4lm3r
Who is phone?

In the garage:

Vatican City State

I fully intend on trying the 15th again, just need to have it first. makes a huge difference when you have a clean palate. After a growler of the Stone, it didn't work at all. However, I have had several complex beers that I hated the first round, then had em again on a fresh mouth, and loved em. So this is to be continued.

Quote:
Quote:
Old Sat, Aug-22-2009, 04:13:20 AM   #660
P4lm3r
Who is phone?

In the garage:

Vatican City State

Also, along these lines, How bout someone do a flow chart of how to drink beers to enjoy a variety. I know based on my evenings I could contribute a ton of branches.

Quote:
Quote: