BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, Nov-04-2015, 11:27:33 PM   #1
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Default 996 Brembo BBK conversion caliper brackets

I'm in the middle of putting together the 996 Brembo brake conversion and want to buy the caliper brackets. I know that RallyRoad (Eric) and user "P0lar" sell them. I had some communication with them early on, but now that I actually am ready to buy the brackets, I can't get a hold of either one of them.
I have sent them numerous emails and left voice messages, without any response. Doesn anybody know how to get a hold of either one of them, or anther place that sells the brackets?

I have the capabilities to machine them myself, but it's just never worth doing one set and would rather just buy them.
Jump to top nasieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Nov-05-2015, 01:12:41 AM   #2
mah_hai

In the garage:

Canada

Default Re: 996 Brembo BBK conversion caliper brackets

me too!
Jump to top mah_hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-05-2015, 01:30:39 AM   #3
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah_hai View Post
me too!

Like I said, I can make them myself, but making just one set is hardly worth the hassle. If there are a few more out there that need brackets, then let me know and I will just make a few sets and we can split the cost. Of course reverse engineering always gets tricky. Would be nice to have a sample from somebody.
Old Thu, Nov-05-2015, 02:11:30 PM   #4
p0lar
Naturally Agitated

In the garage:

United States

Contact me at the eMail link in my signature - I have a solid stock in them at the moment!
Jump to top p0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-05-2015, 04:22:17 PM   #5
MartynT

In the garage:

United Kingdom

You're still alive Steph! Long time no see!
Jump to top MartynT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-05-2015, 05:12:21 PM   #6
p0lar
Naturally Agitated

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartynT View Post
You're still alive Steph! Long time no see!
Still alive, just been brutalized with auxiliary work and pesonal events this year. I'm slowly catching up, will catch a major break after the new year, but plan to clear the queue long before then.

There are some good things on the horizon, including a very, very affordable set of stainless pistons for all the 996 [ab]users. We're almost at 'engineering sample' stage, pending me getting measurements of a few more pistons. We'll probably also do SS pistons for OEM uses, and at a price that will be reasonable for the average enthusiast to just replace their OEM pistons with SS ones when servicing their calipers.

Also on the docket: 36/44 mm Porsche C4S caliper brackets that fit the 345mm rotors and require zero machine work and provide a more correct bias.

Also, new rear bracket designs that will hopefully, once and for all, solve the issues with bolt fitment and pad selection by offsetting the caliper position/clocking along the rear mounting bosses.

The 18Z kits should be considered deprecated, barring those whose calipers I already have in my possession. I love the kit, and I think I can speak for everyone who has installed one (not many as my time has been absurdly limited), that it's a fabulous option; however, the machine work required to the caliper simply makes it prohibitive to sustain as a long term option for most enthusiasts given not all caliper castings are created equal and not all machinists are going to want or be able to cut these calipers to such a high specification. It's just not a satisfactory turn-key solution that I feel is sustainable for even the most ambitious enthusiast. If I had my own CNC mill on-site (don't think I haven't considered it!), this would be trivial.

I'll have more news soon - for now, current quantities of the brackets, sensors and any seals are in good supply.

One piece on the radar that I don't currently have a solution for is powder coating options, moving forward, that is. Mike@thepowdercoater has been absolutely tremendous and his work is, bar none, the best in the industry. In my personal estimation, he simply doesn't miss the mark -- ever. He's stated on several occasions he's not taking new customers, but continues to squeeze a few in here and there. I don't know that I'll be able to find a replacement for his services, at any cost, in the near future, and I'm relatively certain not to have the time not only to learn his trade, but to implement it in a satisfactory time frame. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm absolutely open to ideas. While Mike is in business, he'll get it all, but there have been indicators he may not pursue this long term.
Jump to top p0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-05-2015, 05:47:30 PM   #7
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

P0lar

I can see that you have been busy. So I forgive you for not returning my call or emails. I did just email you again, as you suggested. Please let me know how to proceed getting brackets. Thanks!
Old Thu, Nov-05-2015, 06:37:42 PM   #8
robgill
I'd rather be at the track.

In the garage:

United States

Hi p0lar, also got an email from me waiting in your inbox. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My '02 E46M Build Thread
Jump to top robgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-05-2015, 07:22:51 PM   #9
VALSBM3
AwwwYeah!

United States

Eric is at SEMA right now so he's tied up.

2002 M3 | ESS VT1-455 | BW Race Exhaust | Hawk Pads | Ground Control Suspension | Whiteline Swaybars
Custom Roll Bar | Stripped Interior | Bride | G-Force | APR GT-250 Rear Wing | Front Splitter
SneedSpeed Brake Cooling Ducts | D-Force LTW5 Wheels/Hoosier R6
Automotive Performance Technology, APTech - Follow us on Google+ or Facebook!
Jump to top VALSBM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-05-2015, 07:32:40 PM   #10
BearDeXPS

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0lar View Post
If anyone has any suggestions, I'm absolutely open to ideas.
I'll hold my comments about Mike to myself

An option for you to consider, IMHO, is the best I've ever seen, Tirado Custom Coatings:

http://tiradocustomcoatings.com/products

https://instagram.com/tiradocc/

'05 BMW ///M3 JB/Blk My Journal
Dinan | Rogue Engineering | Status Gruppe Tuning | H&R | Koni | 3M | Umnitza | Turner Motorsport | TeKarbon | Coby | aFe | Bimmerworld | Schroth
Lang Racing Stg. 2 | SuperTech | ARP | Radium Engineering | Aeromotive | Dimple | Brembo | Racing Brake | Motul | Mishimoto | Redish | C&R
EVOsport | Michelin | Beisan | Macht Schnell | Lamin-X | AKG | BSW | Eurosport Design | Mason Engineering | Vibra-Tech | evolve-R
Jump to top BearDeXPS is offline   Reply With Quote