BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Dec-11-2017, 03:21:43 PM   #41
lapoune

United States

Default Re: Brembo Caliper/AP Racing Style Disc Kit -- Group-Buy Interest Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblegunz View Post
Hi Guys,

Antony
Piston sizes?
Jump to top lapoune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Dec-11-2017, 03:49:53 PM   #42
Sweet Jones

In the garage:

Mexico

Default Re: Brembo Caliper/AP Racing Style Disc Kit -- Group-Buy Interest Thread

I would love this as i'm piecing together the rear 996 kit and was about to start doing the same for the front.

You guys are really coming up with some amazing group buys for the forum as of late. I'm sure everyone here appreciates it, except for our bank accounts and significant others.
S54/6 speed, FluidMotorUnion velocity stacks, CSL cams, Swaintech coated headers, Mishimoto radiator, Alpha N tune, 4.10 diff, M3 suspension, Turner Motorsport subframe reinforcement, CSL brakes, 2.5" SS304 Rhom Innovations exhaust.

E46 touring, Version 2
S54/6 speed, polished FluidMotorUnion velocity stacks, CSL cams, Swaintech coated headers, Mishimoto radiator-Mishimoto radiator hoses-Mishimoto electric fan, Alpha N tune, 4.10 diff and RevShift bushings, RTD mini V2 shifter and DSSR, Airlift Performance 3H suspension, Rogue Engineering RaceBrace strut bar, Turner Motorsport subframe reinforcement, PLM SM-AFR wideband, Eonon GA7150A with front and rear cameras, Work Brombachers, Storm Motorwerks interior pieces, CSL brakes and 996 calipers, 2.5" SS304 Rhom Innovations exhaust, Bimmerworld Race diffuser. M3 bodywork and paint.
Jump to top Sweet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-11-2017, 03:56:08 PM   #43
Bubblegunz

Bulgaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapoune View Post
Piston sizes?
All I will say for now is that the piston area is very close to the piston area on the AP-racing 6 pot kit, and the disc diameter is the same. All other more concrete info will be revealed at launch.

- Antony

Last edited by Bubblegunz; Mon, Dec-11-2017 at 03:59:35 PM.
Jump to top Bubblegunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-11-2017, 04:07:00 PM   #44
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
All I will say for now is that the piston are is within 2% of the piston area in mm squared from the AP-racing total piston area of their 6 pot kit. All other more concrete info will be revealed at launch.

- Antony
I will add to this and say, the reason why information like this is being withheld until launch is because it has become abundantly clear that my Group-Buy threads are closely watched by other venders, and we wish not to have our offers sniped away from us after doing all the leg work. We try to be as transparent as we can. Details will come in time. I hope you all can appreciate where we are coming from on this.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Supersprint LW Race Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-11-2017, 04:14:14 PM   #45
SQ13

United States

Leighton, I will be one of the test dummies. Put me down for a kit; I want to make an order as soon as y’all start accepting them.. I will want slotted rotors and caliper paint service. I would like to have the kit installed before mid-January, if timing on your end goes as planned.

If you’re curious, my application will be for street and intermediate-advanced skill track use. I plan to use PFC 08 pads and Castrol SRF. Hopefully I can run these at COTA on Jan 28.
Old Mon, Dec-11-2017, 04:22:40 PM   #46
speedblind_az

United States

Looks like a great solution. I'm in for the first round.

Will there be any difference for ZCP or non-ZCP cars?
Jump to top speedblind_az is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-11-2017, 04:34:27 PM   #47
aaronpoweruser

United States

Is my understanding correct that the only difference between a 32mm and a 28mm disc is the heat capacity? Is the effective life the same ie most 32 mm have a minimum thickness of 30mm so I assume these can be run down to 26mm?

Will these have knock back spring's?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Jump to top aaronpoweruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-11-2017, 05:07:41 PM   #48
lapoune

United States

Quote:
All I will say for now is that the piston area is very close to the piston area on the AP-racing 6 pot kit, and the disc diameter is the same. All other more concrete info will be revealed at launch.

- Antony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
I will add to this and say, the reason why information like this is being withheld until launch is because it has become abundantly clear that my Group-Buy threads are closely watched by other venders, and we wish not to have our offers sniped away from us after doing all the leg work. We try to be as transparent as we can. Details will come in time. I hope you all can appreciate where we are coming from on this.
Yep understandable. Though honestly piston sizes for most available kits are very easy to find out with minimum research. As long as it's available near launch, the availability of info with your new products is pretty refreshing so it's nice to see it continue this way.
Jump to top lapoune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-11-2017, 05:21:09 PM   #49
bmw m3 s50
Why So Serious ? :}

Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpoweruser View Post
Is my understanding correct that the only difference between a 32mm and a 28mm disc is the heat capacity? Is the effective life the same ie most 32 mm have a minimum thickness of 30mm so I assume these can be run down to 26mm?

Will these have knock back spring's?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I second this question.

OEM thickness is 28mm correct? I thought the benefits of upgrading to the Brembo GT kit rotor wise; was the fact it is 2 piece rotor making it lighter and the additional thickness making the rotor handle higher levels of heat and cycling heat better over a thinner rotor?

Also is the caliper dimensions the same as the F40 caliper for wheel clearance purposes?

BY the way you ROCK, This group of people on this forum never ceases to amaze me. Keep up the great work.
Jump to top bmw m3 s50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-11-2017, 05:32:16 PM   #50
Samsonite79

In the garage:

China

Interested, good pricing for front bbk kit.

*Track Prep: NT-01 275s on 18" ARC-8, MCS Two Way 550/650, Hawk DTC70, Turner arms & Carbon Fiber Brk duct, Reddish subframe plates, HPF Oil cooler, Spal 16" Fan, VAC CSL Airbox, SS V1 Header, and TTFS Custom Tune.
*Safety Setup: 10pt Welded Roll cage, Sparco Circuit, Schroth 6pt Harnesses, and HANS Device.
Jump to top Samsonite79 is offline   Reply With Quote