BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Jul-29-2017, 08:08:11 PM   #141
akm47

United States

Default Re: Pentosin MTF2 Discontinued

Just received the CORRECT fluid from carparts.com finally. What's funny is now when I try to find Pentosin or the part # shown on the bottle in the image, I can't find it so they must have removed it from their site. I wonder if they had to find a BMW dealership that had it in stock just to correct my order lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0726170650.jpg (137.2 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by akm47; Sat, Jul-29-2017 at 09:18:57 PM.
Jump to top akm47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Jul-30-2017, 12:30:14 AM   #142
mcfreid

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm47 View Post
Just received the CORRECT fluid from carparts.com finally. What's funny is now when I try to find Pentosin or the part # shown on the bottle in the image, I can't find it so they must have removed it from their site. I wonder if they had to find a BMW dealership that had it in stock just to correct my order lol.
Incredible - I'm waiting for my return refund now (package arrived at their warehouse yesterday). I didn't even think to ask for the correct product (figuring they didn't have it all). Did they charge you any extra?
Jump to top mcfreid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-30-2017, 02:19:02 AM   #143
HolyChitMeng
Alpine White Hoarder

In the garage:

Philippines

Just went to like 4 different Advances, came out with 6 bottles of MTF for about $3.

AW/BLK 09' 6MT ///M3: ESS VT2-650, BBS LM, Stoptech Trophy, Evolve, Full Supersprint Race, KW Sleeve Kit
TIAG/IR 04' 6MT ///M3: BBS CH, Eibach Pro-Street-S, Full SS Race, Eventuri, Evolve, AS 30% SSK, OE CSL Bootlid
AW/BLK 95' ///M3: 16k miles, LTW Strut Brace
Jump to top HolyChitMeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-30-2017, 07:41:45 AM   #144
maynard423

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfreid View Post
Incredible - I'm waiting for my return refund now (package arrived at their warehouse yesterday). I didn't even think to ask for the correct product (figuring they didn't have it all). Did they charge you any extra?

I had to file a Pay Pal claim. I'm escalating on Monday. Worst customer service ever. My invoice has a part number that matches Pentosin but they sent Fuch's. They do have it. $50 a liter!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Sun, Jul-30-2017, 09:02:57 AM   #145
akm47

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynard423 View Post
I had to file a Pay Pal claim. I'm escalating on Monday. Worst customer service ever. My invoice has a part number that matches Pentosin but they sent Fuch's. They do have it. $50 a liter!!!!!

I didn't have to file a claim or pay any extra. But yes the customer service there is horrible, took 2-3 days for each email reply. Last time I'll be using them. But I think they will send you the right stuff eventually, just have to wait for them. I too was sent Fuchs with the MTF-2 part # on the invoice. I sent them pictures of the Fuchs, the invoice, and a screenshot of my order email along with my vehicle info, including VIN. 2 weeks later I finally received the MTF-2 and an email with a Fedex shipping label to return the Fuchs.
Jump to top akm47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-30-2017, 03:44:24 PM   #146
JamesSJ1

In the garage:

United States

Bah... O'Reilly Auto Parts has a handful of this around me (stores 20-40 miles away from me) at $28/liter...too much for me to worry about right now since I don't need it for awhile anyway (just changed it a few months ago, so I'm good for a few years now). Advance doesn't have any NorCal locations...they bought out CarQuest up here but the prices are never the same.

Thought I managed to get the last four from RockAuto, only to have it say there were only 2 available a few hours later after my order, so when I reduced my order to two, it bounced back that there were none available. ARGH! Their inventory system is usually accurate, but I guess everyone on this forum were already trying to snag it all at the same time as me.
Jump to top JamesSJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-30-2017, 10:28:03 PM   #147
mcfreid

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSJ1 View Post
Bah... O'Reilly Auto Parts has a handful of this around me (stores 20-40 miles away from me) at $28/liter...too much for me to worry about right now since I don't need it for awhile anyway (just changed it a few months ago, so I'm good for a few years now). Advance doesn't have any NorCal locations...they bought out CarQuest up here but the prices are never the same.

Thought I managed to get the last four from RockAuto, only to have it say there were only 2 available a few hours later after my order, so when I reduced my order to two, it bounced back that there were none available. ARGH! Their inventory system is usually accurate, but I guess everyone on this forum were already trying to snag it all at the same time as me.
Indeed - same circumstance happened with me. The stores that do have it are around $30/liter (including the occasional Advanced Auto here - no idea how people found Advanced Auto's that have it for $10 or even less than a $1). And then the same situation with CarParts and RockAuto...

Ended up just getting Ravenol.
Jump to top mcfreid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-31-2017, 12:56:27 AM   #148
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfreid View Post
Indeed - same circumstance happened with me. The stores that do have it are around $30/liter (including the occasional Advanced Auto here - no idea how people found Advanced Auto's that have it for $10 or even less than a $1). And then the same situation with CarParts and RockAuto...

Ended up just getting Ravenol.

I found one bottle on eBay for $12, but with shipping it ended up being $24. Then I ordered 3 more for $91 shipped. So basically the same average ~$28/bottle.

At that price all I was willing to do is get me a couple for the oil change that is due and a couple more for down the road. Chances are I won't need more.

I have a feeling they will soon be a lot more valuable than $28/ea.

Btw, which ones are the newer ones? White or gray?

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Rally Road/P0lar Adapters, SS Brake Lines, Motul 600,Hawk HT-10 Pads, Braille Lightweight Battery, Hotchkis Sway Bars, SR2 CF Sunroof Panel,Apex ARC-8 & Sportline CS8's, Recaro Sportser CS Seats,SAP delete,Lightweight Cabin Filter Housing, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk, Modified Stock Muffler
Jump to top nasieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-31-2017, 01:45:59 AM   #149
maynard423

United States

Grey

Old Mon, Jul-31-2017, 05:06:29 AM   #150
MFNATIK

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
So you're going to compare 95k mile fluid to 0 mile fluid

Rontgen - You're not going to feel a difference from one brand's GL4 75w80 to another brand's GL4 75w80. Certainly not right away. Maybe if one's base stocks are better, it will hold up longer, but I would always advise more frequent fluid changes anyway such that longevity isn't a concern.
How else would you suggest I compare? Go on a Pentosin binge like the rest of the folks here and then do a back to back comparison vs. Ravenol? lol...please.

Anyways, since the car is SMG, I noticed no difference and I suppose that is a good thing.
2002 525iT M Sport
Jump to top MFNATIK is offline   Reply With Quote