BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Fri, May-17-2019, 07:03:04 AM   #1
Rajvosa

Default Rajvosa's AW E92 M3

Great to be back into another E92 M3! Sold my last one about 5 years ago and have been trying different M cars in the meantime. Enjoyed couple of E46's, E36, E39 M5, and more recently a 1M. The 1M is by far the most fun in my opinion, absolutely loved the torque it makes in low rpm and means i can have fun on the street without having to do silly speed. But time came to move on and then i was thinking going back to another E46 or trying a DCT M3 this time (first was manual). to be honest i didnt really gel with the DCT first couple of weeks but am loving it now. its just so suited to this engine i think and am enjoying the experience so far.

Little story about this car, i actually went to see it when it was advertised 2 years ago and shook hands on a deal with seller but day after he sold to someone else haha. Anyways, once the 1M just sold i came accross it and didnt want to miss out a second time so deal was done! for considerably less $ which is a bonus.

what attracted me to this particular car is the main maintenance items have been done (rod bearings as well as new throttle actuators). the car has 96xxx kms on it and interior and exterior present as a much much lower mileage car which is great. The other bonus was the set of 18" BBS RI-A wheels wrapped in some grippy 265 and 295 width yokohama AD08R tyre. this is my tyre of choice i always go for, so its great i didnt need to spend the extra this time to get it.

car has great option list, EDC, heated seats, premium sound, and came with carbon roof (must have for me). Interior is black leather and carbon trim.

Here is a few pics of when I just got it.

BBS RI-A

Car came also with unmarked oem style 220 set, but to be honest i just don't like them, so they were sold and i proceeded to find a set of M359's which came on Comp pack and the 1M's. i love these wheels and even though so many M3's run them, i just find they suit the car the best (just like the CSL wheels suit E46). After trying to find a used set of genuine ones unsuccessfully, i went for a set of replicas from CM Wheels. even though they are in UK and im in Australia, the shipping and prices worked out great and to top it off the quality of the wheel is amazing. they are the same width and offset as genuine and even the paint finish is very close! very happy with this purchase.

next came a few cosmetic mods. ive always loved the LED tail lights that came on LCI models, and found a great set at a local wrecker. got the wiring kit from Schmiedmann and had a friend code the LED lights in for me. Also purchased a carbon boot lip, bmw performance rep from JB Speed. this is the second boot lip ive got from them (1M also) and the quality of the finish and fitment is spot on! no weird gaps etc etc also got the side black trim from them and another top piece im happy with. (the car came already with front black grills).

to finish off this round of mods, i did a couple of little interior touches, namely the red stop/start button and the M button.

in terms of power mods, the car has got the Alpine tune and is running test pipes and modified muffler. i opted for the 2 pipe mod although rather than wrapping both pipes fully i did it 1/2 only... happy with the sound its making.

this is where i'm up to now.

at the moment i'm waiting to find some time to swap KW V3 from friends 1M into the M3.

for the future, maybe do the CIC upgrade and wouldn't mind some Recaros in there also, but we ll see what happens.

thanks for reading
Jump to top Rajvosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, May-17-2019, 08:36:07 AM   #2
STAATS

In the garage:

Australia

Default Re: Rajvosa's AW E92 M3

Here we go again... lets see how long this one lasts

Congrats tho

BMW E46 M3 Vehicle Log Book & Service Tracker Tool: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=564731

BMW E46 M3 Vehicle Data Record & Modification Journal Template: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=566440

2003 BMW E46 M3 Street / Road Rally Build: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=566468
Jump to top STAATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-17-2019, 01:06:22 PM   #3
Rajvosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAATS View Post
Here we go again... lets see how long this one lasts

Congrats tho
Mate the 1M lasted almost 2 years.... Hahahaha

Thanks buddy
Old Fri, May-17-2019, 03:35:27 PM   #4
Paulo M

United States

Fuuuck nice e92 m3! These are probably the best value car you can buy today. So much car for the $. I never fell in love with this car with the 6spd, the dct really matches well with the motor.
Old Tue, May-28-2019, 03:42:25 PM   #5
Rajvosa

few more jobs/mods completed..

new DCT paddles installed. awesome fit and feel

also finally had a chance to get the coilovers installed. They came out of my buddys 1M.

they are the KW V3 variant. have had them in couple of other M3.s and always liked the ride.

Here is the installed pics. will need to get wheel alignment done and maybe raise the car a touch, will see. also had windows tinted today so a successful day

Old Tue, May-28-2019, 04:15:06 PM   #6
MyGuitar

Croatia

I just put KW's on my E46, love them!
The car looks great!