BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 02:35:35 PM   #1
Paulo M

United States

Default RS-30 lithium battery

Anyone seen this? I can’t find any reviews on it but it weighs 11lbs and has an auto shut off feature when it gets low. Also has a self jump start button when it shuts off. Seems too good to be true.

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...omotive/rs-30/

RE-START TECHNOLOGY: The RS Battery has self-restarting capabilities. It intelligently monitors its status and if it senses over-discharge it will put itself into a sleep mode, yet saves enough energy to allow you to RE-START your vehicle. Simply press the RE-START button on battery.

LONGER LIFE: Up to twice the lifecycle of lead/acid, and other Lithium batteries due to full Battery Management system.

HIGH POWER: Up to 3X the Cranking Amps of similar sized lead/acid battery. Better Starting and higher voltage at start-up.

ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT: Compared to a lead/acid battery the Lithium RS-30 is roughly 70% Lighter in most applications and can offer as much as an 80% weight reduction. This equates to roughly 25-60 lbs of instant weight-loss just by changing out the battery! To save this much weight in Carbon or Titanium parts would cost over $10,000 dollars. That makes the RS-30 the most cost-effective weight-loss product hands-down, while offering better starting, handling and braking! A real performance value!

ON/OFF FEATURE: The RS-30 can be turned On or Off for storage/transport purposes. During times of storage you can “turn off” the RS-30 to prevent over-discharge, then “awaken” it after months of storage to a full charge. Use the Sleep Mode as a Theft-Deterrent! Put the RS-30 into Sleep Mode during times of storage… with no power the car cannot be started or driven away.

CAPACITY INDICATOR: The RS-30 has an onboard Capacity Indicator (Fuel Gauge). This allows you to check the Battery’s “State of Charge”. Regardless if the RS-30 is ON or OFF you can check the remaining capacity of the battery.

LOW SELF-DISCHARGE: The RE-START Battery does not self-discharge like Lead/Acid Batteries.

DURABILITY: incredibly shock and vibration resistant, and no liquids inside to spill or drain out.

ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFER BATTERY: No Acid or Heavy Metals such as Lead, Cadmium, or Mercury.”

Last edited by Paulo M; Wed, Jun-13-2018 at 02:39:32 PM.
Jump to top Paulo M is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 02:45:18 PM   #2
Kcalhoun27

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: RS-30 lithium battery

For $700 id say thats probably a fair amount of technology. Its a lot of scratch, but if youre trying to get every last pound saved, this seems like a good way to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top Kcalhoun27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 02:50:29 PM   #3
Paulo M

United States

So is this a good option for a street driven, non daily m3 you think? I’m not into trickle chargers or any of that hassle. Also don’t want to go on road trips with dead battery on my mind.

11lbs, auto shut off, and self push button restart are key features I like with this
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 03:03:15 PM   #4
E46-H

In the garage:

United States

How long can the battery hold the charge and have enough juice to start the car?

Jump to top E46-H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 03:14:28 PM   #5
bigjae1976

In the garage:

United States

If its for a track car, Id just get a lithium battery for a lawn mower. Starts my car fine as long as its not cold outside. Only costs $120.

Not sure Id try and optimize CCAs for a daily driven car.

Jump to top bigjae1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 03:34:48 PM   #6
usdmej

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
Im not into trickle chargers or any of that hassle.
isn't manually switching a battery on/off just as much of a hassle as plugging/unplugging it from a trickle charger?

this battery also seems to be on the heavy side for a lithium ion
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 03:59:10 PM   #7
Mantii

In the garage:

United States

A couple of members have recently bought Antigravity batteries including myself. Most have gone with the ATX-20 Restart which can be had for less than $300 and mostly for track cars. Scott, the owner is a sponsor on the Rennlist forums and have started supporting their community with these.

I have reached out to Scott to see if they can start catering to our community as well and maybe bring a GB like they did on Rennlist. There is wealth of information on the Rennlist forums if interested in the mean time. I've been told they are testing on BMWs at the moment and Scott will reach out to me shortly to see how we can move forward.
Jump to top Mantii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 04:27:04 PM   #8
Paulo M

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdmej View Post
isn't manually switching a battery on/off just as much of a hassle as plugging/unplugging it from a trickle charger?

this battery also seems to be on the heavy side for a lithium ion
Well that’s assuming it turns off, which it shouldn’t if driven every weekend. Also the car sits in storage, no outlets.

I like the safe off/push button on feature so I don’t have to worry. I’m just curious if these new features are reliable, as I’ve never heard of it before. And there’s no reviews of this battery anywhere.
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 04:29:07 PM   #9
cozmo kraemer

United States

I have a Braille GU1r for my daily driver and it is awesome! Similar to the posted battery, a little cheaper, definitely proven.
2004 E46M3 - BBS RGR - RE11, BMW Motorsport 3.91, Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers (500/600), GC plates, SSV1 Headers/CPI slip fit catted/resonated section 1, Karbonious CSL intake, Shrick 280/272 cams, CSL DME Conversion, TTFS tune, OEM CSL front and rear seats

2010 - X5 4.8 Msport - the boring daily driver

My Journal

Previous - '95 M3, '94 FD RX7 (single turbo and LS6 swapped), '98 Integra Type R, '89 325i, '91 318, etc
Jump to top cozmo kraemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-13-2018, 04:30:52 PM   #10
Paulo M

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantii View Post
A couple of members have recently bought Antigravity batteries including myself. Most have gone with the ATX-20 Restart which can be had for less than $300 and mostly for track cars. Scott, the owner is a sponsor on the Rennlist forums and have started supporting their community with these.

I have reached out to Scott to see if they can start catering to our community as well and maybe bring a GB like they did on Rennlist. There is wealth of information on the Rennlist forums if interested in the mean time. I've been told they are testing on BMWs at the moment and Scott will reach out to me shortly to see how we can move forward.
Great info, thanks! Id like to hear about your experience with this battery.