BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > M3 Track: Racing and DE
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3 Track: Racing and DE Best mod for speed is learning to get the most out of what you currently have. Tracks and DE's is the place to start!

Old Thu, Apr-12-2012, 02:28:54 PM   #61
CoreyHendo

United States

Default Re: Fixed-Back Seat and OEM Belts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach_Bum View Post
I run the left side through the cutout in my PPs, but it is downright impossible to run the receptacle through the cutout on the right side. The receptacle ends up digging into your hip area because of the snugness of the seats. Perhaps it different with other brands though.

Even while running it over the bolster on the right side, the belt is snug against my waist and chest.
I'm only adding this and quoting your post because I've been frustrated with seat dealers inability to get me a seat.

Recaro makes a Pole Position for the european market known as the "ABE" model. It has a larger opening for factory seatbelt receivers and has a different certification process to meet standards for the street. Here are the same seats essentially in the NSX Type R.

Jump to top CoreyHendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Apr-12-2012, 05:26:36 PM   #62
///Marini

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyHendo View Post
I'm only adding this and quoting your post because I've been frustrated with seat dealers inability to get me a seat.

Recaro makes a Pole Position for the european market known as the "ABE" model. It has a larger opening for factory seatbelt receivers and has a different certification process to meet standards for the street. Here are the same seats essentially in the NSX Type R.
Those would be perfect for street/track use. Please let us know if you find a source that sells them

2003.5 Tiag SMG ///M3
Jump to top ///Marini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-16-2012, 11:05:57 PM   #63
jeremy5000

United States

What if one were to put the seat belt male end through the side whole in a seat and put it into the female end, or are the side slots on most fixed back seats not large enough?

Jump to top jeremy5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-24-2012, 02:38:02 PM   #64
325prada
ClubsportM3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy5000 View Post
What if one were to put the seat belt male end through the side whole in a seat and put it into the female end, or are the side slots on most fixed back seats not large enough?
This is what I am trying to figure out. OEM female will fit through side on Sparco, but trying to mount it to seat with OEM restraint system intact is my current issue.

Anyone done this that can shed some light?? I know VAC sells a female retro kit but that will through a light bc its not the seat belt sensor included.
Old Thu, Apr-26-2012, 04:07:13 PM   #65
CoreyHendo

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Marini View Post
Those would be perfect for street/track use. Please let us know if you find a source that sells them
I've been trying for a while. Half of the retailers don't even acknowledge the existence of the seat. The others just say they can't/won't try to get them. It's frustrating.

I have a friend who is stationed in Germany and his wife's family is from England. When it comes time for me to order I'll probably just have him get one for me and send it to me.
Jump to top CoreyHendo is offline   Reply With Quote