BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

View Poll Results: Vote
Azusa Canyon drive and lunch at Crystal Lake Cafe 2 9.52%
Angeles Crest drive and lunch at Newcombs Ranch 9 42.86%
Late November 6 28.57%
December 5 23.81%
Macroni Auto Museum Orange Country 3 14.29%
Peterson Auto Museum Los Angeles 8 38.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old Fri, Oct-19-2018, 09:07:07 PM   #1
M spec
Rembrandt Audio

Austria

Default E46 M3 West Gathering (only E46 M3)

edit* After some input, it's been suggested to possibly push this back until March of 2019. If this is a better date than the two in the poll, please post or PM me.

Hi all, looking to get some input here in order to plan a E46 M3 West coast meetup! Drawing inspiration from the 46M East meetup, and past events, such as Mfest, Bimmerfest Santa Barbra, ect. and with the strong concentration of E46's here on the west, specifically in Southern California, it seems like a great idea to start planning an gathering.

If anyone would like to directly communicate with me regarding planning/organizing, feel free to PM me your contact info.

For those here that can chime in, could you COPY & PASTE the below in your post with your vote/suggestions? This should help us organize everyone's thoughts, and I can keep this OP updated.

Quote:
Update: After some discussions with professional event planners, the following has been proposed

1. Move the even to Solvang, CA

This gives the event a better chance at attracting more enthusiasts from Sac/SF area's and is an incredible scenic city for our cars, given its Danish roots are much like Barvarians architecture. I'll be scouting the city soon for a meeting place ect.

2. The even will be in March with an official date TBA. This should give everyone enough time to mark the calendars and take some time off.

I will be updating the website and creating an even page with in the coming week. Thanks!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

www.E46M3West.com I'll update this as the thread and planning go on

Last edited by M spec; Mon, Oct-22-2018 at 08:28:23 PM.
Jump to top M spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Oct-19-2018, 09:26:31 PM   #2
atsantone

United States

Default Re: E46 M3 West Gathering (only E46 M3)

Love the sound of an e46 M meet - would like to admire the beautiful builds seen here on the forums.
Any possibility of holding it somewhere like Morro Bay or Pismo? Could entice some NorCal folks to head down.
Just a thought.
Anthony
Jump to top atsantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-19-2018, 10:07:16 PM   #3
M spec
Rembrandt Audio

Austria

Default E46 M3 West Gathering (only E46 M3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsantone View Post
Love the sound of an e46 M meet - would like to admire the beautiful builds seen here on the forums.

Any possibility of holding it somewhere like Morro Bay or Pismo? Could entice some NorCal folks to head down.

Just a thought.

Anthony

Iíd love to eventually move the destination each year, but with Southern California having the majority of e46 m3 owners, the first year it just makes sense to do something in the LA/OC area.

Luckily, socal in the winter is a great place to be! No rain and the temperature is in the 70ís
Old Fri, Oct-19-2018, 10:10:36 PM   #4
hatuey

In the garage:

United States

Like the website, I'll keep an eye on this thread but I can't commit to anything would almost be too embarrassed to take my bucket there.
Jump to top hatuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Oct-20-2018, 06:31:12 AM   #5
mrgizmo04

In the garage:

United States

I'm in norcal. Could make the trip down on a good weekend. I think a few others from norcal would too (other than just visit Buttonwillow ).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All DIY: 330 ZHP steering rack, diffsonline 4.1 diff with rem polish, E60 short shifter lever, AKG black diff bushings/subframe bushings, Rogue rtab, WPC rod bearings, Beyer driveshaft, full SS (SS stepped V1, catted S1, resonated S2, SS sport), Sachs clutch/flywheel, rear main, VANOS bullet proofing with anti-rattle, valve adjustment, cooling refresh, Ohlins R&T/Swift 448f 672r/GC street tops and camber plates, AFD E85 Proflex kit.

Happy to help with VANOS or any other DIY job around NorCal
Jump to top mrgizmo04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Oct-20-2018, 03:52:16 PM   #6
sev

United States

im totally down with this but just FYI ACH has been lousy with cops lately. I got popped there not too long ago, and the cops are merciless. They will fight you tooth and nail on your ticket.

My buddy got popped with me and he did trial by mail, and lost, and then went to court to fight it again, and actually had a case but lost.
Old Sat, Oct-20-2018, 04:07:57 PM   #7
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Depending on which weekend, I might be able to make it down and hit SoCal tracks while I'm at it.
Old Sat, Oct-20-2018, 04:54:12 PM   #8
gearhead55

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sev View Post
im totally down with this but just FYI ACH has been lousy with cops lately. I got popped there not too long ago, and the cops are merciless. They will fight you tooth and nail on your ticket.

My buddy got popped with me and he did trial by mail, and lost, and then went to court to fight it again, and actually had a case but lost.
What time of day was this?

I drive ACH very regularly and have found that they donít mess with us if we go early in the morning, when there are less civilians on the road. I havenít seen a stop on a Saturday morning drive to Newcombs in a long time.
Jump to top gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-22-2018, 10:01:50 AM   #9
demolitionskunk

In the garage:

United States

I'd love to meet up in late November, but if it ends up being March, that's cool too.
Jump to top demolitionskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-22-2018, 08:15:01 PM   #10
M spec
Rembrandt Audio

Austria

Update: After some discussions with professional event planners, the following has been proposed

1. Move the even to Solvang, CA

This gives the event a better chance at attracting more enthusiasts from Sac/SF area's and is an incredible scenic city for our cars, given its Danish roots are much like Barvarians architecture. I'll be scouting the city soon for a meeting place ect.

2. The even will be in March with an official date TBA. This should give everyone enough time to mark the calendars and take some time off.

I will be updating the website and creating an even page with in the coming week. Thanks!

Last edited by M spec; Mon, Oct-22-2018 at 08:27:29 PM.