BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, Dec-06-2017, 08:54:43 PM   #1
Good
@GOOD_M3

In the garage:

Australia

Default Damn Deer

So couple nights ago I hit a deer. The driver side fender and bumper are significantly damaged, while the door has a 1.5" scrape from when I opened the door unaware that the two panels were misaligned and in contact with each other. The hood also has two minor dents. So my obvious question is do I go through insurance? The car is a 2006 ZCP purchased from the original owner with a clean carfax (0 accidents). I can easily swap the fender and bumper out but the door will need some shop work to remove that small scrape along with the hood dents. If anyone has a Jett black driver side fender, please let me know!

Mods: Active Autowerke Headers, Supersprint Sport, Stage 3 B-Spec Tune, Powerflex Control/Trailing Arms, H&R Sport, Macht Schnell Elbow/filter, Xtrons Headunit.

Major Maintenance: Cooling System Refresh, Subframe Bushings & Reinforcement, Differential rebuild.

Last edited by Good; Wed, Dec-06-2017 at 09:05:14 PM.
Jump to top Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Dec-06-2017, 09:18:05 PM   #2
brandroidian

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Damn Deer

That sucks man, and that deer's leg is tough to look at. Good luck on finding what you need.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Jump to top brandroidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-06-2017, 09:21:38 PM   #3
OC's M3
Striker_S1k

In the garage:

Guatemala

Wow, glad you walked away no injuries but poor deer with that broken leg.

Curious to know what happened to the deer in the end?

United States Marine Corps
2010-2016

///M Power

Dinan Stage S
Dinan section 3, Dinan air intake system, Dinan front strut bar, Dinan mats, Dinan badge, Powerflex RTABs, multi-color angel eyes, Dynavin, Maya Rt5.

Jump to top OC's M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-06-2017, 09:26:30 PM   #4
Good
@GOOD_M3

In the garage:

Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandroidian View Post
That sucks man, and that deer's leg is tough to look at. Good luck on finding what you need.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC's M3 View Post
Wow, glad you walked away no injuries but poor deer with that broken leg.

Curious to know what happened to the deer in the end?
I felt so bad for the poor thing. Another guy ended up pulling up to the scene (2am) and stayed with the deer until he could get animal control/officer to come help.

Mods: Active Autowerke Headers, Supersprint Sport, Stage 3 B-Spec Tune, Powerflex Control/Trailing Arms, H&R Sport, Macht Schnell Elbow/filter, Xtrons Headunit.

Major Maintenance: Cooling System Refresh, Subframe Bushings & Reinforcement, Differential rebuild.
Old Wed, Dec-06-2017, 11:28:32 PM   #5
Toxic0n

Canada

Damn, I think you are like the 4th guy on this forum in the past month or so that had a deer collision, myself included. My deer managed to run/limp off although I'm not sure if it survived.

Best of luck with the repairs, I went through insurance and the total cost was around 5k (mirror, door and rear quarter panel). There is a reason I still keep full insurance on a car that's now 15+ years old lol.

Ground Control, Mason Engineering, HRE, ACS, Rogue Engineering
Jump to top Toxic0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 12:18:00 AM   #6
solelybmw

In the garage:

United States

I feel bad for the deer. It must have been in tremendous pain. Also, feel bad for you and your m3.
Take care

Last edited by solelybmw; Thu, Dec-07-2017 at 12:18:52 AM. Reason: Wrong color
Jump to top solelybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 12:23:27 AM   #7
Voss
Function over Form

In the garage:

United States

Dang that broken leg coming out is pretty gnarly. Almost like looking at Gordon Hayward’s injury a few weeks ago but worse.

If you have and paid for a low deductible for insurance, I’d take advantage of that. If you have a high deductible, try and get some quotes for repairs to see if filing a claim makes sense or not. May want to just eat the costs if filing a claim won’t justify the hike in premiums going forward.
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 12:51:48 AM   #8
Good
@GOOD_M3

In the garage:

Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
Damn, I think you are like the 4th guy on this forum in the past month or so that had a deer collision, myself included. My deer managed to run/limp off although I'm not sure if it survived.

Best of luck with the repairs, I went through insurance and the total cost was around 5k (mirror, door and rear quarter panel). There is a reason I still keep full insurance on a car that's now 15+ years old lol.

If i may ask, what insurance company are you with and did they report to companies such as carfax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 01:04:26 AM   #9
Chapelle

In the garage:

United States

Sorry for the damage and hope you get fixed up soon. Also hope it went down soon after that. One of the perks of carrying in the car is for events like this.
Jump to top Chapelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 01:17:32 AM   #10
kuksul08

United States

Damn. Hope they put it down sooner rather than later.

~*Mods*~: High Flow Carbon Fiber Strut Pipe Trim, Custom Aero DME Shift Linkage, Forged Titanium Race-Euro-Spec Illuminated Diff Sleeves, Catless Dog CSL Retrofit, Mod Bug Delete & More
S54 Valve Adjustment DIY, Excel, Print out: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY video (cam bolts, oil pump disk, etc.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
Jump to top kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote