BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Wed, Dec-06-2017, 09:08:12 PM   #21
Double E
Double E

United States

Default Re: Selling Advice

Fixing that dent and going over it in detail will net you the most $ for your efforts. There are several superb examples of how to create an ad (and some terrible ones too) on the FS section. You'll know what a good one looks like when you see it.
The headliner is an important one to fix to a perspective buyer. Faded logo and armrest/bolster wear are going to be normal things that come with age and use as long as the leather is not torn or punctured, they should be considered by most to be normal wear items.
However, fixing them along with the headliner and dent....with a known rust free inspection result with a great ad and plenty of images and you've got the potential for a $20K and more car.
Again, just my opinion.
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Dec-09-2017, 03:06:18 PM   #22
UnicrnM3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhonu05 View Post
I purchased my sweet low mileage M3 with driver side quarter panel damage and had intended on fixing it but never got around to it because life happens.

Now I'm considering selling it and not sure it's worth fixing first?

If you were buying a low mileage garage queen with some flaws, would you rather fix it yourself so you could make sure it was done to your standards or rather purchase it in otherwise excellent condition knowing it has had some body work?

Also in determining value, do you think having the Dinan goodies (see signature) add much value or would it depend on the buyer?

Thanks in advance!
Here we go, I have been in the E30 M3 world/forums for over 15 years. I have seen ALLLLLL the "whats my car worth", "prices going up",.. blah blah blah. Even now you will hear people say that the e30 m3 is worth 50k, 60k, 70k, "will be $100k one day", but the price that they are exchanging hands at, is lower than the hype. Here is what I have to say to you..... and anyone who has been around the car game for a while will agree. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it!!!! Post it for sale and see what people offer. We can all say that your car with that damage is still worth 15k, 20k, 25k.... but if you don't get any of those offers, then its not worth that. Even if you ask the people on here, "what would you pay for my car?" you will not get a fair answer because people always respond with an answer that doesn't require them pulling that cash out of their pocket, its like they are responding with Monopoly money if you get my drift. Good luck and hope you sell it for a price you will be happy with, as well as the buyer.
Jump to top UnicrnM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-09-2017, 05:18:53 PM   #23
propchef
Toodle-oo Motherf**kers

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicrnM3 View Post
A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it!!!! Post it for sale and see what people offer.
This. Please repost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllwaysLow View Post
x2 and some Chicago style pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dom View Post
He's suffered enough.
Jump to top propchef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-11-2017, 03:48:08 PM   #24
Double E
Double E

United States

The OP probably has that basic concept down pretty well. I think the inquiry was more centered around the fix it before selling or not situation and if the Dinan mods were generally considered attractive or not.
Old Tue, Dec-12-2017, 01:07:43 AM   #25
UnicrnM3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
The OP probably has that basic concept down pretty well. I think the inquiry was more centered around the fix it before selling or not situation and if the Dinan mods were generally considered attractive or not.
You are correct, we did get a little off topic. I think we can all agree that top dollar would come from it being fixed, and.... The damage doesn't look to be an expensive repair. I would go ahead and fix it as I think it will benefit in the end. As for Dinan mods, I personally don't think they change the price.
Jump to top UnicrnM3 is offline   Reply With Quote