BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Tue, Nov-28-2017, 07:50:37 AM   #21
suaveflooder
Registered User
 
suaveflooder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,108
Reputation: 0 suaveflooder is on a distinguished road
Location: San Diego

United States




Default Re: WTB: M3/4/5 - Technoviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
What is your problem today? No one said anything about SMGI and if anyone worth a damn did, it isnt without knowing the strengths and faults.
With all due respect, you know if you would have just ignored him, this thread would not have gone sideways? His comment wasn't to you and didn't involve you, but you love putting in your . It is far too easy to get your panties in a bunch. I was honestly just making an observation for cblock after you decided to pipe up since I have owned a 3/4/A and happened to REALLY enjoy it as it was. The grass is not always greener.

And you know as well as anyone else that the "purist" looks down on automatics because it doesn't allow them to "control" the shifting of the car. There are countless threads on this forum that will give examples of that. The threads always end up with the same conclusion (pretty much what you mentioned above and were completely correct on): both transmissions have their place.

Hopefully a mod will come in here and clean this thread up a bit
__________________
2004 IR Slicktop
Jump to top suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Nov-28-2017, 04:45:36 PM   #22
Bimma360
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 142
Reputation: 0 Bimma360 is on a distinguished road
Location: Philadelphia

United States




Default Re: WTB: M3/4/5 - Technoviolet

This thread was started in search of a particular M3/4/5. Mpar, you understand you derailed this thread by being confrontational right?
__________________
E30 Dinan Turbo

Jump to top Bimma360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 02:51:39 PM   #23
tsmith25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 57
Reputation: 0 tsmith25 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: WTB: M3/4/5 - Technoviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimma360 View Post
This thread was started in search of a particular M3/4/5. Mpar, you understand you derailed this thread by being confrontational right?
So in summary, none of us currently know of a car like he is looking for, M_parallel wants us all to agree that smg1 is the best, while none of us care because we are happy with our manuals and automatics, and braymond and M_parallel want to disagree with each other, because they are basically forum nemeses.
Jump to top tsmith25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 02:53:55 PM   #24
lcrain
Registered User
 
lcrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,175
Reputation: 0 lcrain is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: WTB: M3/4/5 - Technoviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmith25 View Post
So in summary, none of us currently know of a car like he is looking for, M_parallel wants us all to agree that smg1 is the best, while none of us care because we are happy with our manuals and automatics, and braymond and M_parallel want to disagree with each other, because they are basically forum nemeses.
Jump to top lcrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 07:01:04 PM   #25
suaveflooder
Registered User
 
suaveflooder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,108
Reputation: 0 suaveflooder is on a distinguished road
Location: San Diego

United States




Default Re: WTB: M3/4/5 - Technoviolet

Going to post it anyway because cbloc's car is REALLY nice and looks to be well sorted and very tastefully/minimally modded

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=594100

Would be worth the swap to a 5 speed for me. Not sure where you are located OP, but there is a place here in San Diego that will sell you the entire swap for under $1000 last time I looked a couple years ago.
__________________
2004 IR Slicktop

Last edited by suaveflooder; Wed, Nov-29-2017 at 07:46:42 PM.
Jump to top suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 08:56:48 PM   #26
Bimma360
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 142
Reputation: 0 Bimma360 is on a distinguished road
Location: Philadelphia

United States




Default Re: WTB: M3/4/5 - Technoviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmith25 View Post
So in summary, none of us currently know of a car like he is looking for, M_parallel wants us all to agree that smg1 is the best, while none of us care because we are happy with our manuals and automatics, and braymond and M_parallel want to disagree with each other, because they are basically forum nemeses.
#crushedit
__________________
E30 Dinan Turbo

Jump to top Bimma360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-30-2017, 04:22:24 AM   #27
cblock
Registered User
 
cblock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 798
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 cblock is on a distinguished road
Location: PNW

United States




Default Re: WTB: M3/4/5 - Technoviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
Going to post it anyway because cbloc's car is REALLY nice and looks to be well sorted and very tastefully/minimally modded

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=594100

Would be worth the swap to a 5 speed for me. Not sure where you are located OP, but there is a place here in San Diego that will sell you the entire swap for under $1000 last time I looked a couple years ago.


Thanks for posting here and for the kind words! I pmd the op a couple days ago before I posted the ad and he never responded, maybe he is mia already.
__________________
Cblock

Jump to top cblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-30-2017, 05:17:55 AM   #28
westopher
Registered User
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,385
Reputation: 0 westopher is on a distinguished road
Location: Vancouver

Canada




Default Re: WTB: M3/4/5 - Technoviolet

He got spooked by the prospect of accidentally buying an SMG.

If I was looking for a car I'd certainly want CBlocks car. That is a full on unicorn.
__________________

98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 103k and officially worthless.
Member journal. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=491859
Jump to top westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-30-2017, 05:36:58 AM   #29
suaveflooder
Registered User
 
suaveflooder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,108
Reputation: 0 suaveflooder is on a distinguished road
Location: San Diego

United States




Default Re: WTB: M3/4/5 - Technoviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblock View Post
Thanks for posting here and for the kind words! I pmd the op a couple days ago before I posted the ad and he never responded, maybe he is mia already.
Of course! Car is freakin' clean. Someone who passes it up because it is an automatic isn't thinking things through! GLWS, man! I can't believe you would get rid of that car! Truly beautiful.
__________________
2004 IR Slicktop
Jump to top suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-30-2017, 04:49:46 PM   #30
cblock
Registered User
 
cblock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 798
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 cblock is on a distinguished road
Location: PNW

United States




Default Re: WTB: M3/4/5 - Technoviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
He got spooked by the prospect of accidentally buying an SMG.

If I was looking for a car I'd certainly want CBlocks car. That is a full on unicorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
Of course! Car is freakin' clean. Someone who passes it up because it is an automatic isn't thinking things through! GLWS, man! I can't believe you would get rid of that car! Truly beautiful.
Thanks guys! It is bittersweet for sure, I'm sure I will never have another one like it. I'm only posting it on m3f in hopes that another enthusiast picks it up and continues where I left off.

If it sells now great, I can use the money right now more than the car but if it doesn't sell by January more than likely I will be keeping it indefinitely.
__________________
Cblock

Jump to top cblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing WTB: M3/4/5 - Technoviolet in the E36 M3 (1992-1999) Forum - {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999 at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)