BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 07:13:20 PM   #1681
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
bimmerfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 6,050
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 bimmerfan08 is on a distinguished road
Location: Charlotte

United States




Default Re: Official Dyno Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep1212 View Post
Great so we'll be able to trust the data.
__________________
Quote:
For those apprehensive about DIYing...

"The most difficult part of figuring out a car, the engineering, has been done. Repairs and maintenance are simply taking parts apart and putting them back together again." - bimmerfan08
Jump to top bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 07:17:38 PM   #1682
KhanArt
CLEAN & SIMPLE
 
KhanArt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,024
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 KhanArt is on a distinguished road
Location: DC/MD/VA

United States




Default Re: Official Dyno Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep1212 View Post
Great so we'll be able to trust the data.
You guys are something... gotta love E46 M3 owners I'm not surprised why I know of so many that just stopped sharing information. If I do it I guess it will be just for me to know that I didn't waste my time switching back to OEM section 2.
__________________
2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
Build///Journal
IG: @Khan_Art_ | @TuningTechFS

Last edited by KhanArt; Thu, Dec-07-2017 at 07:23:23 PM.
Jump to top KhanArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 07:51:15 PM   #1683
Sandeep1212
Registered User
 
Sandeep1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,871
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Sandeep1212 is on a distinguished road
Location: Toronto

Canada




Default Re: Official Dyno Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanArt View Post
You guys are something... gotta love E46 M3 owners I'm not surprised why I know of so many that just stopped sharing information. If I do it I guess it will be just for me to know that I didn't waste my time switching back to OEM section 2.

Always great to see members help out the community!

"I'm taking my ball and going home"
__________________


2003.5 TIAG Black 6MT Gone
2003.5 Carbon Black Laguna Seca Blue SMG Current
Jump to top Sandeep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 08:21:47 PM   #1684
HassanEido
Registered User
 
HassanEido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,599
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 HassanEido is on a distinguished road

Lebanon




Default Re: Official Dyno Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanArt View Post
You guys are something... gotta love E46 M3 owners I'm not surprised why I know of so many that just stopped sharing information. If I do it I guess it will be just for me to know that I didn't waste my time switching back to OEM section 2.
Hey man. Just to be clear, I believe the 3 incher sec2 will hurt you pushing past 340whp. If your car made more power, it would be doing so despite the 3 incher, and it wouldnt be doing u any favors. Even moreso with cams and an airbox, ur bottle neck will be that 3 incher. Not buts ors/ifs about it. More power==more fuel/air combusted==more exhaust==more power demanded from the pistons in the power stroke to push those gases out the cylinders in the exhaust stroke and that 3 incher== lost power. Although paul disgrees with me and says 350whp is the tipping point.
@Bimmerman 325i I'll ask the graphs' owner and get back to u. With all the salt people get while sharing info, people are just reluctant to share these days and I totally understand that
__________________
Mods:
Modified stock airbox,afe plastic intake elbow Afe prodry drop in, electric fan conversion,SSV2 catless headers, custom 2.5" dual sec1, custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3,tms pulleys,Cat Cams 280 272, custom dyno tune, csl box pending
357.7 whp 283.5 wtq
Jump to top HassanEido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 08:54:47 PM   #1685
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
bimmerfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 6,050
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 bimmerfan08 is on a distinguished road
Location: Charlotte

United States




Default Re: Official Dyno Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanArt View Post
You guys are something... gotta love E46 M3 owners I'm not surprised why I know of so many that just stopped sharing information. If I do it I guess it will be just for me to know that I didn't waste my time switching back to OEM section 2.
I haven't been too involved with this thread but why are members reluctant to share information? Isn't it to the community's benefit to make information public?
__________________
Quote:
For those apprehensive about DIYing...

"The most difficult part of figuring out a car, the engineering, has been done. Repairs and maintenance are simply taking parts apart and putting them back together again." - bimmerfan08
Jump to top bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 09:08:46 PM   #1686
Bimmerman325i
Beardface McMountainMan
 
Bimmerman325i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,236
Reputation: 0 Bimmerman325i is on a distinguished road
Location: Menlo Park

United States




Default Re: Official Dyno Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanEido View Post
Hey man. Just to be clear, I believe the 3 incher sec2 will hurt you pushing past 340whp. If your car made more power, it would be doing so despite the 3 incher, and it wouldnt be doing u any favors. Even moreso with cams and an airbox, ur bottle neck will be that 3 incher. Not buts ors/ifs about it. More power==more fuel/air combusted==more exhaust==more power demanded from the pistons in the power stroke to push those gases out the cylinders in the exhaust stroke and that 3 incher== lost power. Although paul disgrees with me and says 350whp is the tipping point.
@Bimmerman 325i I'll ask the graphs' owner and get back to u. With all the salt people get while sharing info, people are just reluctant to share these days and I totally understand that
That's totally fair, and I look forward to it!
__________________
1995 BMW M3/2/5-- S54/Mk60 California Smog Legal (Build Thread)
1998 BMW M3/4/5 -- DD rev1
2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT, Orange Blast Metallic -- DD rev2
Jump to top Bimmerman325i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 09:28:00 PM   #1687
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com
 
Dr M3an M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,121
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Dr M3an M3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Columbia, SC

United States




Default Re: Official Dyno Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I haven't been too involved with this thread but why are members reluctant to share information? Isn't it to the community's benefit to make information public?
I have to agree and I share the same question. Who cares if data is scrutinized and questioned. Healthy skepticism is a good thing. It's how you tease out valuable information from pools of data. That's how science works. Nothing should be "so sacred" that it can't be questioned. If the data is that fragile, then more often than not, it's wrong.

What are people afraid of that would make them reluctant to share? I wish more people had the opportunity to sit through peer-reviewed PhD presentations....That S#@t is absolutely vicious and CUT-THROAT, even within the same University and same Department/lab...But that is also why science as a method works. It's like the intellect version of MMA fighting.
__________________
2004 E46 ///M3 - Oxford Green Metallic II + Cinnamon SMG
IG: DrM3anM3

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 09:43:47 PM   #1688
Sandeep1212
Registered User
 
Sandeep1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,871
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Sandeep1212 is on a distinguished road
Location: Toronto

Canada




Default Re: Official Dyno Thread

Agree. Im 100% clueless to why someone would not want to share information anymore because someone asked questions about it/ wants to know more info or why things are the way they are. Isn't that how you gain knowledge or clarification?

The only thing I can come up with is emotional/ego reasoning. Nothing from a logical standpoint of wanting to gain knowledge.
__________________


2003.5 TIAG Black 6MT Gone
2003.5 Carbon Black Laguna Seca Blue SMG Current
Jump to top Sandeep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 09:48:25 PM   #1689
HassanEido
Registered User
 
HassanEido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,599
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 HassanEido is on a distinguished road

Lebanon




Default Re: Official Dyno Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
I have to agree and I share the same question. Who cares if data is scrutinized and questioned. Healthy skepticism is a good thing. It's how you tease out valuable information from pools of data. That's how science works. Nothing should be "so sacred" that it can't be questioned. If the data is that fragile, then more often than not, it's wrong.

What are people afraid of that would make them reluctant to share? I wish more people had the opportunity to sit through peer-reviewed PhD presentations....That S#@t is absolutely vicious and CUT-THROAT, even within the same University and same Department/lab...But that is also why science as a method works. It's like the intellect version of MMA fighting.
Tell me about it.... i actually have no issue with it. I go thru and give peer reviews daily. Healthy skeptism is always welcome. You will see me explaining the same concept over and over again and providing data when I own it. When I do not, I would opt to ask for permission to use it, as to some, the hassle that goes with sharing this information, goes hand in hand with dealing with some others with less than good intentions. Some are flat out trolls lol. No offense to anyone, but it does get old fast.
__________________
Mods:
Modified stock airbox,afe plastic intake elbow Afe prodry drop in, electric fan conversion,SSV2 catless headers, custom 2.5" dual sec1, custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3,tms pulleys,Cat Cams 280 272, custom dyno tune, csl box pending
357.7 whp 283.5 wtq
Jump to top HassanEido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-07-2017, 09:52:31 PM   #1690
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com
 
Dr M3an M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,121
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Dr M3an M3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Columbia, SC

United States




Default Re: Official Dyno Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanEido View Post
Tell me about it.... i actually have no issue with it. I go thru and give peer reviews daily. Healthy skeptism is always welcome. You will see me explaining the same concept over and over again and providing data when I own it. When I do not, I would opt to ask for permission to use it, as to some, the hassle that goes with sharing this information, goes hand in hand with dealing with some others with less than good intentions. Some are flat out trolls lol. No offense to anyone, but it does get old fast.
Totally understand.
__________________
2004 E46 ///M3 - Oxford Green Metallic II + Cinnamon SMG
IG: DrM3anM3

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Official Dyno Thread in the E46 M3 (2001-2006) Forum - Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)