BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Oct-19-2018, 01:26:46 AM   #341
nogoodname
Taking a dump

Canada

Default Re: CSL OE Bumper Carbon Fiber bits

A CSL bumper cover that’s compatible with a Kevlar bumper would be very appealing. I just wanna remove my bumper cover, install a CSL one and not have to deal with the shocks, carriers, etc. I think most would be thinking the same.
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Oct-28-2018, 09:51:27 PM   #342
Bimmerchop

United States

Iíve been meaning to post on here for awhile now about how happy I am with my purchase of the JCSL race lip for my Vorsteiner bumper. First off, HUGE thanks to Derek! Seriously, from start to finish he has been awesome. Not only for helping to bring more quality products on the market for our platform, but for the outstanding customer service and communication throughout the whole process. He went above and beyond in ensuring that everything went smoothly and I was totally satisfied with my product. Him and JC, good people without a doubt.

The lip itself arrived earlier than expected which was a plusÖ and this thing was well packaged! Never received an item so well protected before. As for the quality, this is definitely top notch stuff. JC really did and amazing job with the lip. The 1x1 weave looks beautiful, great polish on the resin, and fitment was pretty good from the start as well. As other AW owners know, you canít hide any misaligned body panels, bumpers, gaps, etcÖ It stands out way too much, at least to me. So I tried trimming the lip a little bit via sanding to get it to fit a bit tighter to the bumper.

Having said that, keep a couple things in mind. One: This lip was being mounted on a BNIB Vorsteiner V2 CSL front bumper that has never been installed or painted, so the bumper itself could have some manufacturing discrepancies. Two and most important: The lip itself was never actually secured to the bumper. No drilling, no clamping, no tape, absolutely nothing. Any of these things would have given the lip a much tighter fit to the bumper. This was just me, probably being a bit anal trying to achieve near perfect fitment from a simple mock up. Partly because I wasnít sure at the time whether I wanted to keep my VCSL bumper or sell it lol. Anyway, needless to say, fitments pretty damn good.

During that time, Derek and I were also in constant contact about me tackling this along with JCís recommendations on how to go about it. Again, great service here from both these guys. They really wanted to make sure I was 100% satisfied with my lip, and I couldnít be happier. To anyone considering the lip, splitters/flippers, diffuser, whateverÖ from Derek/JC, you wonít be disappointed.

The bumper and lip are currently stored away, but I did manage to snap some quick pictures when I first received the lip. Remember, the lip is mocked up and not secured to the bumper. Definitely a thing of beauty, enjoy the eye candyÖ

- Ibis/Alcantara B8.5 A4 S-line
- Pearl Stg3+ B5 S4 (sold)

EURO.techniks
Jump to top Bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-29-2018, 03:46:31 AM   #343
Ramp1

In the garage:

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoodname View Post
A CSL bumper cover thatís compatible with a Kevlar bumper would be very appealing. I just wanna remove my bumper cover, install a CSL one and not have to deal with the shocks, carriers, etc. I think most would be thinking the same.
I second that.
Old Mon, Oct-29-2018, 01:37:20 PM   #344
2006E46M3fan

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
A CSL bumper cover thatís compatible with a Kevlar bumper would be very appealing. I just wanna remove my bumper cover, install a CSL one and not have to deal with the shocks, carriers, etc. I think most would be thinking the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp1 View Post
I second that.
Agreed as well.
Old Mon, Nov-05-2018, 05:01:01 AM   #345
Dee514

Tibet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredomin View Post
If weíre all throwing out suggestions how ab he takes some time for some cf roof development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
Thereís already good cf roof options. There wonít be as much demand for those as there would be for a nice csl bumper. Thereís literally no good replica option for csl bumper atm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredomin View Post
Meh. I havent found any nice roofs yet.

Ill be going oe csl for roof.
Unless jc can bless me with something

As for bumpers oe or bust.
If anyone can make a nice csl bumper though i think jc would be the man for the job.
Quote:
Evolve and Karbonius are two of the best reps, have you seen those in person? Oem cf roof would be ideal if you can source them.
Ya, he doesn't have the CF roof on the radar. Many quality options out there like Paulo said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3vancity View Post
Any progress on the hartge lip?
He would need a set to mold off, to ensure it's perfect.
Old Mon, Nov-05-2018, 05:04:31 AM   #346
Dee514

Tibet

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3fl3x View Post
Still need to get mine painted. Looked great during my quick test fit. The tabs were really tight but I didn't fully snap it in.

Oh for the CSL bumper. Any chance he'll make it compatible with the Kevlar bumper support?
Please post pics when all done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFahrer View Post
Bumper please

And then CSL console
Quote:
Honestly donít know, roof went straight to the body shop. But with your last two roof attempts, just go with oem at this point. Or if rigidity is your thing, go with Lang and his extra rigid option.

They want to stick with Kevlar to save themselves $. You need to swap a lot of stuff to run csl bumper with built in carrier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
Kevlar support should be lighter too
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp1 View Post
I second that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006E46M3fan View Post
Agreed as well.
He started taking apart the OE CSL bumper.
As for Kevlar vs Aluminum carrier, he wants to make it for each option.
Hoping nogoodname will help him out, as he is local to JC and that helps immensely.
Old Mon, Nov-05-2018, 05:09:17 AM   #347
Dee514

Tibet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerchop View Post
Iíve been meaning to post on here for awhile now about how happy I am with my purchase of the JCSL race lip for my Vorsteiner bumper. First off, HUGE thanks to Derek! Seriously, from start to finish he has been awesome. Not only for helping to bring more quality products on the market for our platform, but for the outstanding customer service and communication throughout the whole process. He went above and beyond in ensuring that everything went smoothly and I was totally satisfied with my product. Him and JC, good people without a doubt.

The lip itself arrived earlier than expected which was a plusÖ and this thing was well packaged! Never received an item so well protected before. As for the quality, this is definitely top notch stuff. JC really did and amazing job with the lip. The 1x1 weave looks beautiful, great polish on the resin, and fitment was pretty good from the start as well. As other AW owners know, you canít hide any misaligned body panels, bumpers, gaps, etcÖ It stands out way too much, at least to me. So I tried trimming the lip a little bit via sanding to get it to fit a bit tighter to the bumper.

Having said that, keep a couple things in mind. One: This lip was being mounted on a BNIB Vorsteiner V2 CSL front bumper that has never been installed or painted, so the bumper itself could have some manufacturing discrepancies. Two and most important: The lip itself was never actually secured to the bumper. No drilling, no clamping, no tape, absolutely nothing. Any of these things would have given the lip a much tighter fit to the bumper. This was just me, probably being a bit anal trying to achieve near perfect fitment from a simple mock up. Partly because I wasnít sure at the time whether I wanted to keep my VCSL bumper or sell it lol. Anyway, needless to say, fitments pretty damn good.

During that time, Derek and I were also in constant contact about me tackling this along with JCís recommendations on how to go about it. Again, great service here from both these guys. They really wanted to make sure I was 100% satisfied with my lip, and I couldnít be happier. To anyone considering the lip, splitters/flippers, diffuser, whateverÖ from Derek/JC, you wonít be disappointed.

The bumper and lip are currently stored away, but I did manage to snap some quick pictures when I first received the lip. Remember, the lip is mocked up and not secured to the bumper. Definitely a thing of beauty, enjoy the eye candyÖ

Thanks so much! Can't wait to see it installed on your car....and if you ever sell the bumper, I'm sure a bunch of the members would fight in the octagon for it.
Old Sun, Nov-18-2018, 12:58:06 AM   #348
sillieidiot

Do a csl trunk lol I'll be first in line
Jump to top sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Nov-25-2018, 03:32:08 PM   #349
Dee514

Tibet

Can you guys who have installed the diffuser give any insight to help our fellow member:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfreid View Post
Can't seem to get the end clips to attach and worried about bending the diffuser too much and breaking it. See pictures for what I'm looking at (it's the same on both driver and passenger sides). The middle clips did go in with some relatively forceful finageling.

Any tips for getting the last two end clips in? WD-40?

Jc mentioned “Need to pull up and push in place
Is not so easy but it’s normal
On his picture he is under the lip ”

Any insight is greatly appreciated, as I have yet to get my hands on one.
Old Mon, Nov-26-2018, 06:56:31 AM   #350
ChipperM3

In the garage:

Canada

Itís not the clip thatís the issue, he needs to get that lip over the ledge on the bumperbefore the clip can go in. Itís tight, but it will go. The best way I can think to help that may make sense is to start with the diffuser higher and push down and into the groove instead of straight in.
Sorry, itís hard to describe, but it will go together; Iíve taken 2 diffusers off and on many times over to test fit them; that tight fit is nice when it clips in.
Jump to top ChipperM3 is offline   Reply With Quote