BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sun, May-27-2018, 12:04:23 AM   #21
RV1494
@rv_s52
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 31
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 RV1494 is on a distinguished road
Location: Los Angeles

United States




Default Free M3?! I'll take it!

I started taking apart the interior today and making a list of all the new items I’m gonna need.


Last edited by RV1494; Sun, May-27-2018 at 02:38:57 AM.
Jump to top RV1494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, May-27-2018, 02:06:54 AM   #22
avusblu_e36
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 187
Reputation: 0 avusblu_e36 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Free M3?! I'll take it!

wow man, it's like looking in a mirror.

I got a similar condition car (I paid 3k for it), unloved, interior in bad shape but the outside cleans up nicely now. Vaders torn, needed engine work, but the tranmission/clutch was nearly new. Also came with a nice set of style 5s and headers, uuc exhaust.

I'm right at the $10k figure now, including purchase price, a new cyl head/headgasket and everything "while I was in there" new Vanos from DR vanos. New cooling system. New shocks and H&R springs. Euro glass headlights. Time capsule-set of black Vaders. Came out of an m3 abandoned at a shop.

So all of that for the money, I'm happy. I can't keep my hands off the car. It was a fun journey and I'm always finding something to "clean up" on it. Gonna do a fresh bumper soon.

Start with the mechanical stuff (cooling system, do an electric fan conversion). I did the whole cyl head and related myself, it's been 10k miles so far, the car hasn't so much as hicupped. Never fails to start, never overheats, pulls hard
Jump to top avusblu_e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-27-2018, 02:20:54 AM   #23
RV1494
@rv_s52
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 31
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 RV1494 is on a distinguished road
Location: Los Angeles

United States




Default Re: Free M3?! I'll take it!

She looks decent after her first wash!



Cleaned up the engine bay a bit.


Did the best I could on the interior until we start reupholstering everything. Ordering the fabric I want for the seats next week!


Jump to top RV1494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-27-2018, 02:37:18 AM   #24
RV1494
@rv_s52
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 31
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 RV1494 is on a distinguished road
Location: Los Angeles

United States




Default Re: Free M3?! I'll take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avusblu_e36 View Post
wow man, it's like looking in a mirror.

I got a similar condition car (I paid 3k for it), unloved, interior in bad shape but the outside cleans up nicely now. Vaders torn, needed engine work, but the tranmission/clutch was nearly new. Also came with a nice set of style 5s and headers, uuc exhaust.

I'm right at the $10k figure now, including purchase price, a new cyl head/headgasket and everything "while I was in there" new Vanos from DR vanos. New cooling system. New shocks and H&R springs. Euro glass headlights. Time capsule-set of black Vaders. Came out of an m3 abandoned at a shop.

So all of that for the money, I'm happy. I can't keep my hands off the car. It was a fun journey and I'm always finding something to "clean up" on it. Gonna do a fresh bumper soon.

Start with the mechanical stuff (cooling system, do an electric fan conversion). I did the whole cyl head and related myself, it's been 10k miles so far, the car hasn't so much as hicupped. Never fails to start, never overheats, pulls hard


That’s awesome! I was driving the car around today after I somewhat put it back together, and the engine was running good with no overheating issues! But I’ll still look into the conversion.

It was trembling quite a bit when I got on it so I need to change ALL the bushings I can and look into the suspension.

Power steering is also leaking like crazy on me. Just waiting on the lines to come in. I just hope it’s not my whole steering rack.
Jump to top RV1494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-27-2018, 05:53:46 AM   #25
M3AN
mmm... lovely!
 
M3AN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,805
Reputation: 0 M3AN is on a distinguished road
Location: Back in NZ

New Zealand




Default Re: Free M3?! I'll take it!

You'll want to replace the steering rack anyway so perhaps if it's leaking that'll be a good excuse.

The stock M3 one is as loose as an XXL shirt on a baby, there are much better options from an E46 or Z3.
__________________


E36 M3 | S50B32 | 6MT
Jump to top M3AN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-27-2018, 10:33:29 AM   #26
avusblu_e36
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 187
Reputation: 0 avusblu_e36 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Free M3?! I'll take it!

huh my 95s lines are also leaking a good amount, I'm not sure how much life the rack has left either. What's the best rack to go with? Can I just drop in a zhp rack from the e46?
Jump to top avusblu_e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-27-2018, 11:49:42 AM   #27
M3AN
mmm... lovely!
 
M3AN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,805
Reputation: 0 M3AN is on a distinguished road
Location: Back in NZ

New Zealand




Default Re: Free M3?! I'll take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avusblu_e36 View Post
huh my 95s lines are also leaking a good amount, I'm not sure how much life the rack has left either. What's the best rack to go with? Can I just drop in a zhp rack from the e46?
There are plenty of threads/sources on that so let's not derail this thread but yes you can swap to an e46 purple tag (I think that's a "ZHP" over there) or a 1.9 Z3 rack. The Z3 rack is a direct swap, the e46 one not so much, it vents differently (http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/52450...306-read-this/). The '95 rack is actually the worst of the lot so you have the most to gain.
__________________


E36 M3 | S50B32 | 6MT
Jump to top M3AN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-27-2018, 12:54:31 PM   #28
Obioban
Moderator
 
Obioban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 36,211
In the garage:
Reputation: 54 Obioban has a spectacular aura about
Location: SE PA

United States




Default Re: Free M3?! I'll take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AN View Post
There are plenty of threads/sources on that so let's not derail this thread but yes you can swap to an e46 purple tag (I think that's a "ZHP" over there) or a 1.9 Z3 rack. The Z3 rack is a direct swap, the e46 one not so much, it vents differently (http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/52450...306-read-this/). The '95 rack is actually the worst of the lot so you have the most to gain.
Zhp is yellow tag.
__________________

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-29-2018, 02:59:37 AM   #29
RV1494
@rv_s52
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 31
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 RV1494 is on a distinguished road
Location: Los Angeles

United States




Default Re: Free M3?! I'll take it!


Here’s a link to my first video of the car! I’m gonna be filming as much as I can if you guys want to follow the build on YouTube!
Jump to top RV1494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-29-2018, 03:57:47 AM   #30
NolliM3
Registered User
 
NolliM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 897
Reputation: 0 NolliM3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Louisiana

United States




Default Re: Free M3?! I'll take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AN View Post
The '95 rack is actually the worst of the lot so you have the most to gain.
I thought the 95 rack was okay...at least that's what was discussed here on the forum.

OP...you got your work cutout for you...congrats on your gift and welcome to the forum.
__________________

1995 Alpine White...X-Brace, Fan delete, Cold Air Intake
Jump to top NolliM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:23:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright ©1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing “Free” M3 Build in the E36 M3 (1992-1999) Forum - {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999 at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)