BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Wed, Feb-21-2018, 02:41:48 AM   #11
marv800
VILLAGE IDIOT

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: 2019 Porsche 991.2 GT3 RS unveiled with 520 horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I guess I am a little underwhelmed with this version...not exactly the car I thought we may get...perhaps it is still coming but this look very much like the .1 GT3RS and I think not exactly worth the upgrade if you have one in the garage already? Of course if you don't then snag one!
I would absolutely buy one... if only I could get an allocation?

Jump to top marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Feb-21-2018, 02:48:55 AM   #12
Speed Monkey
Bananas, Just Bananas

United States

So what happens when this lines up next to something with a 755 horse LT5? Hmmmm....
Jump to top Speed Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Feb-21-2018, 02:58:13 AM   #13
marv800
VILLAGE IDIOT

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Monkey View Post
So what happens when this lines up next to something with a 755 horse LT5? Hmmmm....
The dude in the Vette revs his engine as if its a mating call.. porsche driver gives the thumbs up, revs engine...

Light turns green, vette lights up the tires, launches down the road in a smokey spectacle of douchebagerry, Porsche driver casually drives off...

This seems to happen to me multiple times a month since forever ago. Never ceases to amuse me.

Jump to top marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Feb-21-2018, 03:15:31 AM   #14
e46Dawg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv800 View Post
The dude in the Vette revs his engine as if its a mating call.. porsche driver gives the thumbs up, revs engine...

Light turns green, vette lights up the tires, launches down the road in a smokey spectacle of douchebagerry, Porsche driver casually drives off...

This seems to happen to me multiple times a month since forever ago. Never ceases to amuse me.
Marty McFly
Jump to top e46Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Feb-21-2018, 03:59:41 AM   #15
Toasty

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Carrera GT 5.7 liter V-10 605 hp /435 lb feet torque 8400 Rpm Cut Off
918 Spyder 4.6 liter V-8 608 hp/398 lb feet torque 9150 Rpm Cut Off

Very close with the horsepower numbers, but torque, and I think engine note go to the Carrera GT's screaming, F1 sounding V-10. The 4.6 liter V-8 weighs in at a ridiculous for a road car 297 pounds..amazingly low for a double overhead cam dressed V-8 engine. The V-10 was still very light for its size, 5.7 liters and 10 cylinders at 472 pounds. Both are fabulous normally aspirated engines!
Oh, damn, I think your right about those numbers, and I was wrong! I knew they where really close, so I checked Wikipedia first, and I saw 600 for the V8, but after you mentioned the Spyder did have more then the Carrera GT, I checked C&D and they say 608... Whoops. Of course, those numbers are so close that they are basically within the margin of error of each other.

The V8 is a crazy technical achievement, no doubt, but there is something madly appealing about a V10 that basically came about from incomplete race car dreams. If Porsche ever built a proper successor to the Carrera GT (No disrespect to the incredible 918, but I don't think it's spiritually the same as the Carrera), I'd love to see what sort of ridiculous engine they'd come up with for it.

Quote:
I guess I am a little underwhelmed with this version...not exactly the car I thought we may get...perhaps it is still coming but this look very much like the .1 GT3RS and I think not exactly worth the upgrade if you have one in the garage already? Of course if you don't then snag one!
I was wondering what Porsche would do for the new RS considering how much power they've already pulled out of the NA flat six designs and how much fixed aero optimization they've added to the previous cars. If Porsche wants to move the bar significantly forward with the 992 GT3, I imagine it will require either forced induction and/or active areo, unless of course they plan to make a hurculean effort to continue doing the GT3's the "old fashioned way". I think which directions the next gen GT3's take might depend on what direction the next GT4 takes, but I guess we'll have to wait and see, the 992 GT cars are still quite a ways off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Monkey View Post
The 'Vette heatsoaks so bad it's engine catches on fire, then an defect in the GT3 RS's engine causes it too to catch on fire, so both owners decide to put aside their rivalry and roast marshmallow's over the ensuing bonfire?
Jump to top Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Feb-21-2018, 05:10:02 AM   #16
Serious
Now Rated PG-13

In the garage:

United States

Don’t worry guys Porsche knows their customers better than any other car company. They’ve been around the block.

[porsche customer] “ah damn no more manual gearbox and only electric steering, this kinda stinks but oh well I’m sure it’s all good”
[porsche customer] “oh jeez only non turbocharged engine available is the GT3, that kinda stinks.”
[porsche customer] “HOLY **** THE WHAT **** DID YOU DO TO THE GOD DAMN HEADLIGHTS MUTHER ****ER!!! BURN IT ALL DOWN!!! DIE!!! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING HOLY SHIT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. KILL ME NOW!!!!”
Jump to top Serious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Feb-21-2018, 05:39:02 AM   #17
Intredasting
You are now breathing manually

United States

Quality thread.
Jump to top Intredasting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Feb-21-2018, 02:51:30 PM   #18
LALaw
Brah

In the garage:

Canada

Quote:

Let me stop light race you
Old Wed, Feb-21-2018, 03:53:20 PM   #19
EKaru

Reputation: 766 EKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru Porsha

United States

Quote:
I would absolutely buy one... if only I could get an allocation?
What are you tell Thor for? Rave is the one with all the contacts
Old Wed, Feb-21-2018, 03:53:36 PM   #20
racingbmwm3
Illegal domestic alien

In the garage:

United States

So, we should expect 911R.2 to come out next year or the year after?

It's really sad that we don't get the factory cage. Can that be a dealer installed option??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALaw View Post
Let me stop light race you
nobody wants to see any pedestrians hit tho.

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX
gone:'01 325i, '02 X5 4.6is, '87 325, 94 325i, 93 525it, 84 318i (373k miles), 71 2002
Jump to top racingbmwm3 is offline   Reply With Quote