BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Mon, Nov-27-2017, 04:33:57 PM   #5811
daffyduck
bring the amberlamps

Isle of Man

Default Re: What stocks are you invested in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyM3 View Post
Well, didn't want to make another topic in Inaugaration watch.

How do you guys feel the new POTUS will effect the stock market? Short term? Long term? Business minded?

Also, that Tesla though
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomcalo View Post
go away
Old Thu, Nov-30-2017, 08:53:48 PM   #5812
Craig4
Da Bears

In the garage:

United States

going back through this thread and seeing some of the prices makes me wish I had a time machine.... buy as much apple as I could when this started.

anyone playing GBTC? in May I looked at it and should have pulled the trigger....
Old Thu, Nov-30-2017, 10:47:57 PM   #5813
M3n00b
2012 M3F Formula 1 Game Champion!

In the garage:

North Korea

Should a would a could a

-tapa
Old Sat, Mar-31-2018, 03:36:56 PM   #5814
Speed Monkey
Bananas, Just Bananas

United States

The only one I have that has done well for me is NIHD, which is Nextel Brazil. Bought at around $1.40 and now it's $2.00+ a share. It's near its 52 week high. Since I bought it, growth has been good, and they had a good 4Q in 2017. My other micro-cap is XTNT; they make products to heal/repair damaged bones. I'm up about 20% on this one. One that has me very curious is OCX; this micro-cap recently jumped 60%, but has since lost some gains in after hours trading. Don't have any (yet), but I wonder.....Will see what happens on Monday and the coming weeks. Don't know why, got that feeling with this one. Had that same thing with RKDA and didn't buy any; Jeebus was that ever a massive blunder of major proportions.

Last edited by Speed Monkey; Sat, Mar-31-2018 at 04:00:06 PM.
Jump to top Speed Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Apr-01-2018, 10:45:01 PM   #5815
Pierre i am
ranch me brotendo

In the garage:

United States

anyone else in AMZN? waiting for that stock split nahmean

https://m.imgur.com/r/funny/vrjdqZ4
Jump to top Pierre i am is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-02-2018, 03:09:05 PM   #5816
MYKIDZM3
postusingkidztalk

In the garage:

Poland

amzn has no reason to split
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
aaaah, back when kidz was on a low dose.
Originally Posted by HelloNewman
Every time I jerk off I put a quarter in a jar. It's a win-win situation.

Praise the lord, love jesus thanks be to god.
Jump to top MYKIDZM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-02-2018, 03:25:11 PM   #5817
Speed Monkey
Bananas, Just Bananas

United States

Amazon's growth is astounding, and like most all other securities, it has reacted predictably with the entire market down swing, so it is at a low, not a 52 week low, but lower. Still though, $1,400 per share is a lot of risk to carry for a single share. With Amazon's acquistion of Whole Foods, I'm not keen that they assumed a large chunk of debt tied to that deal (I want to say it was >$10B from recollection). Generally, the market has been on a record setting Bull run, but all good things must come to an end. In about 12 to 18 months from now, many are predicting a market correction, and a correction to a high dollar per share security can be devastating. Overall, I think Amazon is a great long-long term security to own, but just not right now. If you MUST buy now, limit your risk, look at micro or small cap businesses for right now that is not so tied to consumer spending....
Old Mon, Apr-02-2018, 03:47:48 PM   #5818
mrgizmo04

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Monkey View Post
Amazon's growth is astounding, and like most all other securities, it has reacted predictably with the entire market down swing, so it is at a low, not a 52 week low, but lower. Still though, $1,400 per share is a lot of risk to carry for a single share. With Amazon's acquistion of Whole Foods, I'm not keen that they assumed a large chunk of debt tied to that deal (I want to say it was >$10B from recollection). Generally, the market has been on a record setting Bull run, but all good things must come to an end. In about 12 to 18 months from now, many are predicting a market correction, and a correction to a high dollar per share security can be devastating. Overall, I think Amazon is a great long-long term security to own, but just not right now. If you MUST buy now, limit your risk, look at micro or small cap businesses for right now that is not so tied to consumer spending....
Micro and small caps have lower risk...?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All DIY: 330 ZHP steering rack, diffsonline 4.1 diff with rem polish, E60 short shifter lever, AKG black diff bushings/subframe bushings, Rogue rtab, WPC rod bearings, Beyer driveshaft, full SS (SS stepped V1, catted S1, resonated S2, SS sport), Sachs clutch/flywheel, rear main, VANOS bullet proofing with anti-rattle, valve adjustment, cooling refresh, Ohlins R&T/Swift 448f 672r/GC street tops and camber plates, AFD E85 Proflex kit.
Jump to top mrgizmo04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-02-2018, 04:25:03 PM   #5819
Speed Monkey
Bananas, Just Bananas

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
Micro and small caps have lower risk...?

Ehhhh, that did not come out the way I wanted it to... So here is what I kinda meant: Before Pres. David Dennison ( - a little humor here...) started to negatively Tweet about Amazon, their value has been riding fairly high, not too terribly far away from it's 52 week high. So buying a security near its high, in my opinion, is risky due to any number of things - like our government being a bit of turmoil (cabinet members being dismissed left and right and those posts remaining unfilled, for now), a tariff war just with China looming, a hawkish Nat Sec Advisor entering the Pres's Cabinet, and etc. Look into companies that say had say a flat 2016 and 2017 and are now emerging out of their flatline revenue and are now beginning to turnover some revenue, and are picking up momentum. Falling from high hurts more than falling from say a low-to-middle ground as far as where the security's value is pegged.
Old Mon, Apr-02-2018, 05:26:27 PM   #5820
mrgizmo04

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Monkey View Post
Ehhhh, that did not come out the way I wanted it to... So here is what I kinda meant: Before Pres. David Dennison ( - a little humor here...) started to negatively Tweet about Amazon, their value has been riding fairly high, not too terribly far away from it's 52 week high. So buying a security near its high, in my opinion, is risky due to any number of things - like our government being a bit of turmoil (cabinet members being dismissed left and right and those posts remaining unfilled, for now), a tariff war just with China looming, a hawkish Nat Sec Advisor entering the Pres's Cabinet, and etc. Look into companies that say had say a flat 2016 and 2017 and are now emerging out of their flatline revenue and are now beginning to turnover some revenue, and are picking up momentum. Falling from high hurts more than falling from say a low-to-middle ground as far as where the security's value is pegged.
Falling from high hurts more...its all about what the big money wants it to feel like and how their monthly/quarterly return targets are doing. Many schools of thought buying at highs and riding momentum and break outs. One thing I can tell you after working on wall street for 10 years (hedge fund and then top investment bank), is that I don't know what works, sadly...personal hunches, fancy statistical models, etc don't result in consistent good performance, way too many variables changing way too frequently.

All DIY: 330 ZHP steering rack, diffsonline 4.1 diff with rem polish, E60 short shifter lever, AKG black diff bushings/subframe bushings, Rogue rtab, WPC rod bearings, Beyer driveshaft, full SS (SS stepped V1, catted S1, resonated S2, SS sport), Sachs clutch/flywheel, rear main, VANOS bullet proofing with anti-rattle, valve adjustment, cooling refresh, Ohlins R&T/Swift 448f 672r/GC street tops and camber plates, AFD E85 Proflex kit.
Jump to top mrgizmo04 is online now   Reply With Quote