BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 03:23:11 AM   #1
samo6556

United States

Default samo6556 Build Thread

I am sure some details are missed but I am not much of a story writer and don't want to spend hours explaining the past .

When I first wanted a sports car I had my mind set on an evo VIII. I was obsessed with that car ever since it came out. To make the obsession even worse a friend of mine bought the Evo when they first came out and modded it as AMS started coming out with their packages. So the more mods he added the more I wanted to buy one. Well when the time came to buy one in 2009, I had the opportunity to driver a friends E46 M3 race car on the track (First time on the track was with an E46 M3 race car. Basically a gts-4 car with Hoosier R6). Not the ideal first car to drive on track first but before then end of my first lap I had my mind set on getting an M3.

Summer 2009

So my search began and found the car I wanted on Criagist from Ohio. To be honest I didn't know much about what color or options. I just wanted the M3 thats manual. I contacted the poster of the ad, which only had two sentences and no pictures. It was an 03 Jet black M3 with 30k miles,TCKline suspension and aftermarket muffler. Turns out the guy lived in Florida and the car had been in storage. He sent me over pictures and the car was pristine. It looked just like this minus the tint. I am super happy with the color of the car because Jet black is my favorite color and I wouldn't change it even if I had a choice to now.

I ended up flying out to buy the car and drove it home. As soon as I got it home it went up on a lift for a long list of mods. Moton Clubsports, Flossman GTR hood, Flossman CSL trunk, vorsteiner carbon front bumper with two holes, Ground control sway bars, Supersprint V1 headers, dinan throttle bodies, fall line motorsport pulleys, bbs ch wheels, black out grills, led tail lights, dinan front strut bar, Oscar valez tune, Brembo Race BBK and sub frame reinforcement with power flex bushings (did it as preventative maintenance). Most of the mods were from the shop race car at the place I worked at. We were changing race classes and the mods were not legal in that class. During the summer I ended up replacing the aftermarket muffler that was on the car with a supersprint race. Also the front bumper had the standard two pieces carbon flippers, which I broke off in the first week of driving. I replaced it with the single carbon fiber splitter which looks much better in my opinion.

Summer 2010

I drove the car in that form for one summer but I didn't like the wheels and ended up changing them to Fikse Profil 13. They were also from the shop race car and had a polished lip which I was not a fan of. So I had the barrels taken off and anodized black.

Ontop of the wheel change I also wanted to change the seats to Recaro Pole Positions. So I had sold off the stock seats and got two leather/suede Pole Positions with Macht Schnell Floor mounts and Recaro aluminum side mounts.

Summer 2011

Once again over the winter I wanted to switch up a couple things. I changed the wheels again and went with CCW C14's. Reason was the profile 13 anodizing started to turn purple and the wheels did not show enough of the brakes. I care more about function but I still like my car to look good.

Photoshoot

Track day at Road America

Summer 2012

Over the winter I decided to sell the Moton Clubsports to try the new Motion Control 2-ways. Reason ways to promote them for the company and because my Motons were the old 6 click adjustment version.

At the same time I decided to do one of the great CSL mods. The OEM CSL roof.
Since the interior was going to be torn apart I took the opportunity to strip all the sound reading off the back half of the car

The last mod of the winter was changing out the Recaro Pole Positions to the Profi XL. Reason is that I am 6'2 and the holes on the back of the PP are too far down my back. So with a 5 point harness, in a accident the belts would cause my spine to compress because of the angle. So the Profi XL has the holes higher up the seat, so I would not have that issue.

Track day at Road America

Summer 2013

I have always done more to my car that most people would do for comfort reasons, but for me its exactly what I like. Last winter I removed all the rear sound deadening from the rear carpet back. So it only made sense for me to remove all the deadening from the front carpet up.

So tonight I started the project of removing the dashboard and front carpet. I didn't do a good job of updating the progress but I finished the car for now and have been driving around again

I also removed the Brembo race brakes and sold them off. Reason was they were really only a race grade brake set up and I did not want to keep worrying about rebuilds and pistons leaking from lack of dust boot seals. So I went with a stock brake set up for now with Solid brass guides and bimmerworld stainless lines. Hopefully over the next winter I will get a PFC front BBK.

Once again I sold the wheels had, I know I can't keep a set that one. This time in favor of the HRE Fall line wheels in Lamborghini grey. I wanted to try a look with a little color to the wheels instead of the entire black out look.

Motion Control 2-way,4.10,Ground control sways,Flossman gtr hood,Flossman CSL Trunk,V-CSL bumper,Supersprint stepped headers,Supersprit mids,Supersprint race,Dinan throttle bodies, Karbonious CSL intake ,PFC BBK ,Fall Line pulleys,Apex EC-7 ,Recaro Profi Xl, OEM CSL Roof.

Last edited by samo6556; Mon, Jun-17-2013 at 01:08:53 AM.
Jump to top samo6556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 03:25:15 AM   #2
flipm3
E46 M3 | E90 M3

Philippines

Default Re: samo6556 Build Thread

samo6556 in da house!!!!

I cannot wait to see more updates!!!!

2004 E46 M3 6MT | Silver Grey . Cloth | My E46 M3 Build Thread
2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My E90 M3 Build Thread
2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My E46 M3 Build Thread
2016 981 Cayman 6MT | White . Black | Coming Soon

POST YOUR DYNO GRAPH HERE: The Official Dyno Thread
Jump to top flipm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 03:36:44 AM   #3
M3ANMACHINE
@natrajusa

India

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
samo6556 in da house!!!!

I cannot wait to see more updates!!!!
What he said!

2011 E90 ///M3 | Space Grey | Fox Red | DCT | ZCP | Slicktop

-----
2008 E90 M3 | AW | 6MT | Slicktop
2004 E46 M3 | CB | SMG
Jump to top M3ANMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 03:55:41 AM   #4

United States

nice to see a build thread, i havent been on the forums as much as i used to. ill keep an eye on this thread though.

hope all is well!
-2002 BMW E46 M3 - Laguna Seca Blue / Black (Gone)
-2002 BMW E46 M3 - Imola Red / Imola Red (Gone)
Jump to top 405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 04:44:18 AM   #5
Str8 RippiN

United States

bout' freaking time matt subscribed
Blown Z4M on HRE's, yep you've surpassed dream car status..

Past: 2006 ZCP E46 M3; Silver Grey SOLD
Present: 2006 ESS Supercharged Z4M Coupe; Interlagos Blue "The Zillenium Falcon" mod journal - http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=440670
Jump to top Str8 RippiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 05:51:17 AM   #6
jones83
always lurking

United States

Can't wait for the updates. One of my favorites for sure.
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 01:43:15 PM   #7
m3freak86
JERSEY STRONG

In the garage:

United States

Tommy's avatar pic is basically what I did when I saw you started a journal. Looking forward to the updates!

2004 Carbon Black///M3 (gone)
Mods and Specs
My Exhaust Obsession
My Journal
Jump to top m3freak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 02:52:38 PM   #8
PerkM3

United States

Bout damn time man.
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 05:01:48 PM   #9
Str8 RippiN

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3freak86 View Post
Tommy's avatar pic is basically what I did when I saw you started a journal. Looking forward to the updates!
Blown Z4M on HRE's, yep you've surpassed dream car status..

Past: 2006 ZCP E46 M3; Silver Grey SOLD
Present: 2006 ESS Supercharged Z4M Coupe; Interlagos Blue "The Zillenium Falcon" mod journal - http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=440670
Jump to top Str8 RippiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 05:03:03 PM   #10
samo6556

United States

Haha thanks guys. I'll do my best to keep it interesting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Motion Control 2-way,4.10,Ground control sways,Flossman gtr hood,Flossman CSL Trunk,V-CSL bumper,Supersprint stepped headers,Supersprit mids,Supersprint race,Dinan throttle bodies, Karbonious CSL intake ,PFC BBK ,Fall Line pulleys,Apex EC-7 ,Recaro Profi Xl, OEM CSL Roof.
Jump to top samo6556 is offline   Reply With Quote