BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Sat, Feb-10-2018, 09:02:52 PM   #101
M3ANMACHINE
@natrajusa

India

Default Re: M3ANMACHINE'S Build Thread: Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Nice job! Where did you purchase the bearings from?
Malek @ MRF supplied them.
I believe he can get you the same hardware if you contact him directly!

2011 E90///M3 | Space Grey | Fox Red | DCT | ZCP | Slicktop
APEX | BIMMERWORLD | COBY WHEEL | CORSA | H&R | MACHT SCHNELL | PEDALHAUS
2014 F15 X5 | Space Grey | M-Sport
Jump to top M3ANMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Feb-11-2018, 05:35:01 AM   #102
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
Malek @ MRF supplied them.
I believe he can get you the same hardware if you contact him directly!
Awesome. Thanks bud. Love Maleks work.
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-21-2018, 07:57:39 PM   #103
M3ANMACHINE
@natrajusa

India

April 30, 2018

WHAT:
Oil + Filter Change & Angel Eye Bulb Replacement

Parts from FPC Euro:
Liquimoly 10W-60
OEM Mahle Filter
Liquimoly MOS2 Anti-Friction
CTA No Spill Funnel (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)

Old Mon, May-21-2018, 11:23:53 PM   #104
M3ANMACHINE
@natrajusa

India

May 20, 2018

WHAT:

JL Motoring E90 M3 "GTS Style" Carbon Fiber Diffuser

So I have been shopping around trying to find a diffuser for the E90 M3 that I liked enough to purchase. On my previous car I had the Vorsteiner Type 2 Diffuser which I liked, but it wasn't ever as nice as those that i've seen on the coupe. I wanted to try to find something different from the normal E90 offerings while still remaining affordable.
I started looking at "replica" options since most of the name brands were priced higher than I felt was reasonable for a piece like this and JL Motoring was the first that come to mind. In the past I had ordered CF front splitters from them for my previous M3 as well as a friends' E90 M3.

When I originally started my search, JL Motoring had only 2 diffuser options for the sedan (unlike the e92 m3 which has many variations), the Type 2 Style that I previously had which only surrounds the inner exhaust portion of the bumper, and a full length version with fins that were extremely small and not visible, which I really didn't like.
I felt like I was going to have to settle for one or the other and was kind of bummed out.
Eventually I decided to bite the bullet and just purchase the Type 2 Style diffuser. Went online to buy, and Lo and behold I came upon this new offering which I have never seen before... The GTS Style Diffuser.
It looked exactly like what I wanted.
Contacted JL via PM and scheduled a time to drop by their office and pickup the diffuser same-week.

Link to product: http://www.jl-motoring.com/BMW_E90_M...p/bmdi9056.htm

On to the pics, and I will follow up with the overall review!

As you can see, the quality is pretty damn good for a "replica" part. Weave is clean, and the piece is solid, yet light. Quality is better than what I expected. Not 10/10 OEM, but not the typical 5/10 reproduction pieces you may find elsewhere.

Note: this is a CF overlay on top of FRP, not full CF.

On to the install:

JL Motoring was nice enough to provide me with two single-use 3M Primer 94 sticks. This is an "adhesive promotor" that helps the double sided tape stick better to both the bumper and the diffuser. You simply crack the bead on the stick by squeezing, and rub the "brush" end along the area you are going to apply the tape. I did this on both the diffuser as well as the bumper.

Here's my OCD Tape job:

Test Fitted & Drilled Out Inner Mounting Holes:

Note: The screw in mounting tabs are not pre-drilled on this part [see pic 2] So I placed the diffuser up against the bumper without the tape and aligned it properly to test-fit with some plastic clamps. I then drilled out the correct sized holes for the OEM screws to fit properly. Unfortunately the only part of the diffuser that didn't fit were the two outer mounting tabs. The outer tabs are very strong, so they aren't flexible enough to be flush with the screw holes, they need about 5-10 degrees of more inward angle to line up properly with the screws and be able to be drilled properly. I simply just left them unscrewed as I was confident with my tape job and think it will still hold on well. I may try to redress this and find a way to have them screw in.

All done!

Overall after going thru the install process I would definitely recommend this diffuser to all you E90 M3 owners out there who are looking for an alternative to the typical diffusers that you see here all the time.

Install was fairly simple and easy for anyone patient and mechanically inclined.
Weave as you can see is very good.

I'd rate this product an 8/10 overall.

10/10 being OEM, and 1/10 being the diffuser that I went to pick up a couple months ago which was produced by the well known Extreme Dimensions. I opened up 3 of them to inspect before just leaving the warehouse empty handed. Fitment and weave was atrocious.

All in all, highly recommended and JL Motoring was very nice, communicative and great to deal with!

Old Tue, May-22-2018, 03:21:39 AM   #105
BMWjunkie11
That guy

In the garage:

United States

That thing looks amazing, I always loved this style diffuser, I want one for my car.

2002 Jet Black/Grey ///M3

Full Supersprint Race Exhaust l PSDesigns Velocity Stack Kit l TMS Pulleys l TTFS Custom Alpha-N Tune l Work Brombachers

"Bags are for dead hookers"

Jump to top BMWjunkie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, May-31-2018, 06:19:38 AM   #106
M3ANMACHINE
@natrajusa

India

Took some pictures today. Enjoy!

Old Fri, Jun-01-2018, 12:36:15 AM   #107
FK

United States

Dat butt doe.
Jump to top FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-04-2018, 11:56:39 PM   #108
M3ANMACHINE
@natrajusa

India

Been spending the majority of my time just enjoying the car and have been so busy with work lately that I haven't been able to make any updates or move forward with any particular modifications. BUT, I bit the bullet and found a track day that worked with my busy schedule and booked it.

Drove up to Bakersfield Thursday evening with my brother in his Subaru STi and my good friend Jason from Protective Film Solutions in his McLaren 570S shop car.
Buttonwillow with SpeedDistrict on Friday was the destination..

Here's a quick video of the McLaren on the drive up

Woke up at a "decent" hour on Friday morning and made our way to Buttonwillow.
Well worth the drive up the night before so that we didn't have to wake up at 3AM the morning of to get there on time..

Now while the car isn't a "track car" by any means, I was dying for some track time so figured why not just get out there and just have some fun, not going for any records or anything.

Car Setup for the day, not optimal, but fine for a good time:
-APEX EC7
18x10 +25 w/ 275/35/18 Michelin PSS
18x11 +25 w/ 295/35/18 Michelin PSS
-H&R Race Springs
-Bimmerworld SS Brake Lines
-PFC 01 Pads
-Castrol SRF Fluid

Car felt good. Not great, as the tires were not confidence inspiring at all. Springs were bouncy and left a lot to be desired. Brakes were wonderful, but were overworking my tires a bit. Nonetheless, had a great time yesterday and it was fun to be back out there again. Definitely have a few modifications in mind to bring everything together for a primarily street driven car that sees occasional track time.

Anyways, on to some pics:

Lastly, I wanted to mention that SpeedDistrict put on one of the best track days I have been to. They limit the car count to 70-75, so each run group (only 3, beginner, intermediate, and advanced) has only 20-25 cars at a time. This leads to more track time, more "space" on track to yourself, and an overall better experience. We had some rain the night before, so the track was a bit damp in the morning, but it dried up quickly. Unfortunately the runoff turned from dirt to big mud puddles in some areas, so there were multiple cars that ended up having to get pulled out of there, however because of the excellent organization by SpeedDistrict and the quick skills of the Buttonwillow crew, there was hardly any impact on overall on-track time, only a couple very slight delays for the next run group to get started. Overall, as my first time running at a SpeedDistrict event, I would highly recommend it to everyone to run a day with them and try it our if you haven't already!

Old Tue, Dec-04-2018, 11:58:02 PM   #109
M3ANMACHINE
@natrajusa

India

December 2, 2018
71,000 Miles

WHAT:
-New OEM Brake Rotors
-Oil Change
-Swap PFC01 Track Pads Back to Akebono Ceramic Street Pads
-Remove Rust & Paint Center Hubs Black

Been sitting on these OEM rotors for quite some time as I thought they would need to be replaced earlier than they really did. Deceided to toast them at the track this past weekend prior to replacing so that I could get my money's worth!

Before:

After:

Also, needed a post track oil change. Was told by Malek that it's recommended to change the oil every 5,000 miles as opposed to the usual 7,500 after I had my rod bearings done. Also, I add the recommended quantity of LiquiMoly MOS2 at every oil change as well

Tires Wore Surprisingly Evenly:

Post Track Bath:

Oh, also forgot to add a while back, about 10k miles ago, replaced my cabin air filters as well as my engine intake filter. Went from OEM to BMC and found a ton of sand/dirt in my stock filter. Glad it did its job!

Plan to tackle a proper engine bay detail prior to my next car wash. Something I have never done on any of my cars before! Wish me luck!